Pope & Young Pile Up-Team 32

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Cablebob, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sat this morning and didn't see a thing. I forget to buy my license before the season started so I only have 1 stamp. You can buy up to 2 extra stamps but you have to get them before season kicks off.

I will probably take a doe with it since I have a 2nd stamp for rifle season and can't take a doe then.

I havent killed a deer since I started hunting 2 years ago, so it is down to me needing meat for the freezer. Not trying to chase a big buck. Here is to hoping I can get us at least 50pts!

2. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sat thursday and sat night saw a doe and fawn both times. Hopefully I'll put the doe down on Tues night.

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    well my job went from cool to oh crap in a blink of an eye. one of the other engineers put his 2 weeks notice in yesturday. that mean that the other engineer and I will have to take his on-call. that means that all of the days that I had plan to hunt are f*****. I origanaly had Thanksgiving off, but I'm pretty sure that they'll make me take it too. this sucks because I don't have cell service at my ground meaning I can watch the network while in the stand. I'm fearful that my season just went to s***. I already know that I'm on call halloween week.

4. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dude that sucks, sorry man. I could not imagine if that happened to me at my work.

5. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Shane- What about weekend hunts? Can't you just put in a few all day hunts? I know it's not ideal but, you can't throw in the towel man.

Can the company get you a pager? they work on a different Network than Cell Phones...

Can we get a running total of points so far for our team? I looked into the score threads but there is not mention of us. I thought we had at least 150 pts.

6. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not throwing the towel in at all. I just venting my frustration thats all. Pagers wouldn't work because I'de be the one that would be paging others if we did that. I have to monitor the networks in MO and IL, then respond to any alarms. alarms are killing us on the weekends. it sucks but it pay's well. I'm just going to have to work around hunting, or hunt around working. lol

They update the scores every Friday. we are listed on the graph with 100 points. I'll look to see if someone missed posting there kill on the board. Speaking of the score board. We all need to make sure that we include 2 pics of the deer plus us and our bow. in addittion the date and time needs to be included for it to count as points. Fitz has sent all the captians PM's asking that we share this with our respected teams.

7. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    get fired and live off of unemployment and deer meat for a while.. no problem with that:evilgrin:

8. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    NICE!

BossBuck25 - you have to post your doe pics and date N time of kill on the score board thread to count. if you can send me the pics I can do it for you. My email is [email protected] go figure!

I've decided that next weekend has my name written all over it. My hunting partener is heading out this weekend for the first sit of the year. no one has been in the woods since Sunday September 16th. so the deer should be complete relaxed and ready for some sexy arrows. I told by buddy to just hunt the hill stand which is the best stand we have, but has yet to shoot a deer with a bow and that would be a great place to do it at. I killed both my deer from that stand last year and he killed his doe out of it last year as well. the bad thing about him hunting it is that he's on team 37 and he'll be adding points to that team. I don't really care, because I still plan on shooting a big buck during the rut. I'll plan a couple of all day sit's when the rut finally arrives.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  9. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    I got skunked on Tuesday night. I will be going back out this sat morning pending weather. Otherwise Sunday Morn. Good luck everybody out there! Stay safe.

10. turkish621

Dislikes Received:
    I saw nothing last weekend, so I am going out Sunday morning. Everything seems to be aligning:
    Storm coming through Saturday
    Good Moon phase
    Pheasent opener so all those fools will be chasing the deer deep into my super secret swamp stand....

11. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    By mentioning the Super Secret Swamp Stand outlound you have either done one of two things.

1. changed it's status to mildly secret swamp stand

2. included your team in on a super secret operation that will only end in ultimate victory or certain death for everyone involved.

Which is it? :poke:

12. turkish621

Dislikes Received:
    You forgot about option 3.

It really not is a stand in a swamp, but I said it was to add to it's mystery...

13. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    touche. You are both a gentleman and a scholar. Well played my friend, well played.

14. ArcheryAddict21

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys got a buck this morning.. but before you get all excited he is really small.. i can only hunt 8 days this year and he was the first legal one to come past and give me a perfect shot so i took him. Shot him at 18 yards after he followed in my scent from a buck bomb and i grunted to easy his wearyness. Cut through the top of the heart and the new NAP killzones are WICKED. ill post a picture of the entrance wound.. its gnarly. Im not sure if i got the pictures right for the contest though :(. I got three pictures of me with the buck but i dont know if i had to have my bow in the picture or not? i took the pictures in my truck bed so idk if it will count for the contest but like i said hes not big. But im on the board! and im super excited to be taking some hot sticks back with me to college! ill post some pictures once i figure out how to get the pics from my phone on to my laptop

15. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    at least one pic is suppose to have you, deer and bow in it. it doesn't matter where you take the picture although field pics look the best. Hopefully what ever you have will work. oh yeah, Freaking congratz on the buck cant wait to see him.

16. ArcheryAddict21

Dislikes Received:
    well unfortunately i dont have my bow in it so i dont know if that makes it a not applicable or not.. but there are no other seasons right now so idk if they would honor it or not obviously i shot it with a bow but what do you guys think? here are some pics.. second smallest buck ive ever shot but i cant hunt much and needed some hotsticks for college.. here he is guys. And take a look at that entrance hole.. deffinately found my new broadhead. Even though i could see him down from when i got out of the tree it was like following a kid with a hole in his paint bucket ahah

Attached Files:

17. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Just post it on the score board and detail the shot. Don't mention your bow not being in the pic. I thinki will be fine. Again Congratz those will be sone great deer sticks.

18. turkish621

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that is a sick hole! How far did he run?

19. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Great Job! nice buck. I've seen nothing. Like someone flipped a switch.

20. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They won't accept it, they made it clear that it was 2 pics with bow. Congrats on the nice buck!