Team 27....

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by MNpurple, Jul 17, 2012.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here, we had a birthday party for the owner of a nightclub we used to work at. Once the wife took over the DJ booth it was all over and we didn't get home till 3am. Hunting has been slow anyway, we still havr a lot of corn up.

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Man she looked like she was really enjoying herself too.

3. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I only got out Sat morning. Saw nothing from the stand except an apparent tresspasser that came thru shining his light everywhere in the woods about 50 yards to the West of me. It looked like he was passing thru to the neighbors property. Right as I was packing up to get down I thought I saw a fawn bed down behind a tree about 54 yds upwind of me. Once I got my climber on the ground I decided to give it a stalk as there was might be a momma around that I might be able to sneak up on. As I got to the 30 yd mark it got up and walked about a 10 yd circle so I decided to draw, but it sat back down before I could settle the pin on it. It wass then that I realized that it was not a deer, but a 'yote. With it squarely behind a tree and the wind in my favor I decided to move up to the next tree which was only 10 more yds away. As I was making my last step it got up again and made the same little walk. As I raised my bow it noticed me. The weird thing was that it did not run off, but just walked away thru the timber. I thought maybe it was sick or something????

Iwent back to my climber and backpack and began walking out. About 50 yds from the 'yote was two does that must have been bedded so at least I saw some deer.

I'll be heading back to that area again later this month when the chasing picks up. I am set-up between 2 doe bedding areas about 20 yds North of a rub line that already has rubs every 20-30 yds this year. The only problem is the largest buck I have on camera in this area was a 1.5 yr old 6 pointer.

With these cooler temps I wish I could have gotten out a little more, but family takes priority.

4. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    We don't get out like we used to, it was a blast catching up with old friends. Sometimes you gotta keep the marriage going and the action hasn't heated up yet at the hunting grounds anyway.

Here is DJ D-Lo or D-Law hijacking the turn tables, she actually pulled of a killer remix of a Brittany Spears that most of you never heard and a few other classic club songs before we got her back to the bar:beer:
    [​IMG]

Here is some of the old gang. The old dude in the back in the legendary "Dave Medusa" of Chicago club fame, he is like an uncle to us. I'm the big dude to the right of my wife for those who don't know me;)

[​IMG]

5. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol it's kind of hard to miss you in a picture Jason! Looks like it was a fun time.

Rizzo, that is weird about the coyote. I have always had them bolt the second the notice something. Good luck when you get back out there :tu:

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just looked at the extended forecast here for Thursday through Sunday, and it's not looking that great. Thursday through Saturday it is saying thunderstorms. Hopefully that fizzles out, or there are some breaks in the weather. We will see what happens I guess

7. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    How did your procedure/test work out? Good luck.

I plan on heading to property in WI Thursday-Saturday. Hopefully can get a tag on a deer and maybe find the buck from a few weeks ago. I have a feeling he escaped into the corn which is picked now. Might be able to find a few bones here and there.

8. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I will be up in columbia county friday hunting. Will you be anywhere near there?

9. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It went alright, I don't remember much :lol: I got the IV with saline or whatever, they talked a while, hooked the drugs in, I rolled on my side and they numbed my throat. Next thing I remember is waking up 2 hours later. That night I had the worst cramps EVER! They were so bad I had to sleep on my stomach with a heating pad under me. No results yet, should have them by Friday hopefully. They did a biopsy on part of my stomach, also. We will see what they say I guess.

10. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna be a good egg and make sure I get out this weekend both mornings and night hunts if there is no thunderstorms.

11. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz gave me a heads up to remind everyone when posting your entry into the score card to be sure you have
    the date and time of the kill included. Some of the teams I guess are forgetting to do this part.

Thanks,
    T

12. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm hoping to get in the stand tomorrow night, and then i'll be back at it on friday night. Weekend has slight chance of rain, but hoping to get some movement. good luck guys!

13. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    I will be staying at Blackhawk Lake campground in Iowa county and hunting north of Highland and NE of Highland. 2 separate properties that are about 5-10 minutes apart. I think you are quite a ways NE of me. Good luck!

14. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had to show you guys this buck that has been roaming mainly on the neighbors property but I occasionally get pics of him on the property I hunt. The first pic is from 2010 on my property, there were no pics of him in 2011 although the neighbor found his matched sheds and then he got him on camera again this summer. There has never ever been a daylight photo of this buck and as far as I know, no one has laid eyes on him during hunting season. He obviously knows where to hide to get this big. I'd love to know how old he is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I remember that first pic, that deer is huge now! That would be awesome if he slipped up and walked in front of you :rock:

16. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well son of a b****... I got word today that I have to wait until 2 other guys get a deer before I can hunt my main spot again. He said he wants the other guys (who work there) to have a chance to shoot a deer since I already shot my buck off his land. I was planning on killing a doe Thursday afternoon there, too. I guess it's a good thing I am scouting another 600 something acres next weekend that I picked up a couple weeks ago. They actually asked me to hunt there, because they are having problems with too many deer. The only problem is that it's 2 hours away.

I hope those other two guys kill some deer pretty quick :D

17. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    Wow....that is a SLOB right there. Hope you are the first to lay your eyes on him and then your hands on him!

18. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a bummer Cole, but at least you have some backup land.

We constantly hear about the continuous drop in hunter numbers and the need to recruit new hunters and especially youth into the sport. I dont know about you guys, but it seems every year the demand for private property to hunt grows larger and larger. Farms that I had to myself as recent as 3-4 years ago now have people banging down the door to gain access. I dont know if in my area hunter numbers are growing or private land is just getting closed off more and more, but the last thing I'd like to see is more hunters.

19. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow MNpurple that buck is a absolute stud!!! Good luck getting him!

20. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is a HELL of a buck!!!