Team 4 Lungblood*Official Thread*

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Bowhunter29, Aug 25, 2012.

1. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The wife is taking the kid to see his great grandma today. She told me she would call if they are going to get home later than 5 so I can go hunting. Lets hope they have a great time and stay later so I can get out tonight. BIG temp drop today.

2. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I was able to get out for an evening hunt on Oct. 3. This was my first sit for the year. I had every intention on hunting the evening hunt of Oct. 1 but with my wife being very sick, I stayed home to take care of our two girls. So with a S/SW wind I hit the woods with the Lone Wolf stand and sticks on my back. I set up on a heavily used trail running along a bean field about 60 yards in the timber. Everything went just as planned. I was able to kill a very nice old doe at around 7:15. She was inside 15 yards for almost 17 minutes, but just never gave me the shot I was looking for. I waited patiently and she eventualy gave me what I was loooking for. Shot her at 9 yards. Ran 14 yards and hit the dirt. It was a great first hunt and I was able to take my four year old out with me to let her find the deer. She loves that part of it. It should be a great weekend for early season hunting. Great moon phase and a heck of a cold front moving in as I type this. Get out there if you can guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a heck of a shot! Congrats again on getting the team on the board!

I got approval from the Mrs. to hunt this evening and tomorrow evening. My mom watched 3 does travel directly under my stand last night (she has a stand 300 yds across the field). Hopefully they repeat that tonight, or better yet have a nice buck in tow. This cold front should really liven things up this weekend!

4. Bowhunter29

Bowhunter29 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope to make it out on sunday

5. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Cubs204 - You make it out last night?

Anybody else hitting the woods this weekend???

6. Saltysakz

Saltysakz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great shot placement BowFreak. Way to get the kids involved. I'm really trying to get caught up around the house so I can get out. My wife has been traveling on business quite a bit the last 2 weeks which makes it impossible to get out at all. All my gear is ready, might have to take a 1/2 day off work & go!

7. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    Today no, I have to clear brush an logs to build the cabin/garage in spring. Tomorrow hell yes ha I am going out then in the afternoon i am making mock scrapes

8. hoytchick

hoytchick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nicely done BowFreak - thanks for getting us on the board!

9. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted tonight and saw nothing it was wayy to windy. I checked the camera and there were 170 pictures of basically leaves falling and the grass moving. There were only 3 does on camera

10. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Yeah. I only post on the Live from the Stand thread on the weekends because I only have my phone to post from. I actually had quite the encounter Saturday night. About 6:40 I caught movement in the field lane heading my way. It was a ok buck with another, bigger, ok buck behind him. They sparred around for a bit when I caught movement coming into the field from the timber line 30 yds in front of me. It was another buck, probably close to 130" because of all the stuff he had (11+ points, fairly thick rack, just to his ears width) but he was still a young deer. Im almost positive he was 2.5 and just had GREAT genetics. They all three came right under me, and I mean right under me. I was hoping and praying that they had a bigger one trailing them but no luck in that department. Ill be back out Tuesday night for a sit, hopefully I can get a big boy or a doe within range this time.

11. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody heading out anytime soon? Ill be out this evening.

12. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    shoot one please

13. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I again had shot opportunities on 120" deer. This is getting frustrating. Saw 5 deer total last night, 3 does a fawn and a 120" 8 pointer. I had my wifes cousin with me in the buddy stand because he has wanted to get into bow hunting so I thought I'd show him the ropes. About 4:15 I had a doe and fawn feeding in the field about 70 yds away. They made their way around the field until I lost sight of them around 5:20. At 5:30 a buck and two does stepped out of the timber island in the field (known heavy bedding area) and made their way to the left of me about 60 yds out. I decided to try and call the buck in and hoped the does would follow. The buck followed the plan and stopped 18 yds broadside, but the does didnt follow. Im in the right spot, now I just need the right deer in front of me!

14. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody been out recently? I will be able to head out tomorrow morning and probably Sunday night. Hopefully I get at least a doe to walk in front of me.

15. Saltysakz

Saltysakz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning. Nice morning, 39 degrees, clear with a 10-12 mph wind. Sat for 4 hrs & only saw 2 does that were out of range. Planning on going out next week. Anyone else get out?

16. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I switched it up and am out now

17. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    I was able to make it out for another hunt last night. Even though I didnt release an arrow, it was a great hunt. I am really starting to love hanging and hunting. It is putting me right on the hottest sign in certain areas. Had 6 different bucks come by all at 18 yards or less. They were really up on their feet covering some decent ground. Really looking forward to the end of October.

Anybody else been out??

18. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to go out this morning and my dad said we were going to if it wasnt raining that hard but he never woke me up in time

19. tylerhnick3024

tylerhnick3024 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    didn't head out this weekend

20. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I might head out tonight but with 35-45 mph winds I doubt it will be very fun.