Team 36 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Matt, Aug 25, 2012.

1. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yep Saturday is my First day Im gonna hunt for a diff buck One not in photo's a mid 140's 8 point I think I shot his dad or grandpa 4 years ago in the rut and I think the buck im after is a 4 year old so hes sorta my target buck.

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    great looking deer hopefully you can pull it together with one of those this weekend. I am heading out one day this weekend to do one last camera check before season starts on monday and i will be out in a stand on tuesday to try and pull it together with on of my hit list bucks

3. buckhunter1988

Dislikes Received:
    well good luck and im goin nuts waitin to see what the weather will be like saturday

4. buckhunter1988

Dislikes Received:
    well guys I finally got my camo washed and everything is all set up for tomm so im goin to bed and hopefully ill have some points for us tomm

5. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

6. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to those in the stand today!

7. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to ya, keep us updated

3 more days

8. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How's the hunting going this weekend guys? I'll be hitting the woods for the season opener tomorrow :woot:

9. Rampaige

Dislikes Received:
    Crush it. Let's get some more points up there and get the lead back.

10. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had 3 does before shooting light yesterday, moved my stand when I got down to get a better set up.

11. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Only got out once this weekend. Got sick today so I couldn't make it out. This week may be the last week I can get out after work before it starts getting dark too early, then it'll be weekends only

12. buckhunter1988

Dislikes Received:
    Saturday I had both of the smaller 8 points from the pics I posted and A very large 3 year old 6 point and a really really small 4 point no brows and 9 does walk by me. I wasnt gonna shoot either of the eights because I know theres atleast one larger 8 on the property. Also I went out this morning to a peice of property I dont scout much and just do quick hunts on and didnt see anything. Hopefully ill be out this evening and I have a doctors appointment tomm I think I might of pulled or torn something in my draw shoulder yesterday while throwing football around with the neighbors. Hopefully its nothing serious.

13. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    PRMS0042.jpg PRMS0064.jpg PRMS0049 (2).jpg PRMS0052.jpg PRMS0054.jpg PRMS0045 (2).jpg
    Good luck at the docs hopefully nothing to serious can’t afford not to be able to draw your bow back, I would be devastated if that happened to me.
    well today is the big opener and I am stuck at work, but looked at the weather this morning for here and its suppose to start raining in a few hours and all through the night, but thankfully it’s going to stop around 6am tomorrow morning and I have tomorrow off :tu: so things should be pretty good suppose to have a ssw wind tomorrow which is perfect for my stand I have been getting pics of a couple good ones. went out yesterday to do one last camera check before the season starts and the bucks are still around and showing in daylight still, so hopefully i will be able to pull something together early this season.

14. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I only got out on Saturday morning. Rained off and on that morning and the never stopped the rest of the weekend. Saw 6 doe but couldn't get a shot. Just got approved at work. Headed up to NE Kansas on 11/6 till 11/11. Pretty pumped

15. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the shoulder. I was forced to use a crossbow in 2010 because I tore my rotator cuff and it was pretty miserable. Nothing near as exciting as using a bow, but I didn't have much other choice.
    Good luck guys, keep plugging

16. buckhunter1988

Dislikes Received:
    well didnt go out tonight ended up goin to the hospital cause my right arm went numb and the doctor said I ripped the muscle that attaches to the shoulder blade he said just take it easy for 2 weeks and if its not better by then to come back. So went I got home I dropped my bow down to 57 lbs and resighted it in. It doesnt really hurt me when i pull it so Im not gonna be shooting alot over the next two weeks but ill be able to hunt. I figure i only need to shoot one arrow at a buck and one at a doe so hopefully things will work out.

coheley- those are some nice bucks good luck man

jim- hopefully kansas is good to you.

Beagle- Im prayin I dont have to shoot a crossbow

17. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    well things didnt pan out yesterday. morning hunt was raining so things where pretty slow only ended up seeing a yearling, then the wind ended up switching on me so i was not able to sit the stand i wanted to to target the big boys ended up having two decent 2 1/2 year old bucks come by right before dark though and then had about a 20inch snapper come crusing down the creek which was kinda cool never seen that while deer hunting. have tomorrow off of work also, looking at the weather channle wind is suppose to be good for me to go in and try to get one of the big boys down so im crossing my fingers it dont switch around on me again.

18. Rampaige

Dislikes Received:
    Passing up some decent 2.5 year olds? Hmm...sounds promising haha. Keep up the good work.

19. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    lol ya i have a 3.5 year policy that i go by but it would be awful hard to shoot one of them knowing what is really out there. just going to keep pluging away

20. buckhunter1988

Dislikes Received:
    good luck and hopefully ill be able to get out and hunt a lil tomm. I could of gone today but Found out I working this afternoon instead of the am shift. Oh well Hopefully tomm morning and evening ill be able to get out and hunt a lil.