Pope & Young Pile Up-Team 32

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Cablebob, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    maybe I'm wrong because we don't have them, but that looks like a big freaking Black bear.

2. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its hard to tell because he never actually came fully into view, but I haven't seen any actually in the wild so I don't know how big he is. His back looks about 6" lower than the 1yr olds I have on camera. I definitely don't want to bump into him while strolling to my stand in the dark.

3. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Here we go...posted this in the main bowhunting thread too. It's go time.

Attached Files:

4. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Contribution to the Team

Here's 50 points. Took her this evening here in MO. Sorry for the blurry pictures. My "real" camera's batteries went dead and I had to take them with my iPhone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 9 year old son videoed the hunt. He did a great job. I was impressed and surprised how well he did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    ON THE BOARD!! Nice shooting.

6. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go. looks like a great shot. only 12 more hours then it starts.

7. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    got screwed out of 50 points 5 yards broadside from the ground because a walker came through. oh well lots of season left. saw 7 does and 3 buck, two were shooters for me so im pumped to get back in the woods next saturday.

8. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Posted 50 with a doe also.

9. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work Tribal.

My shot was moderately quartering to at 18 yards. The exit was low near the last rib on the opposite side. She ran about 30 yards, stood for a few seconds and tipped over. I was waiting for a perfect broadside, but another doe in the group busted me checking the camera to make sure my son was on this deer. She blew and put this one on alert. I could tell she was about to move out so I snuck one in her real quick.

10. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up, sent out last night 9/30 shot a nice doe. That will be 50 points. I am going to post the photos tonight when i get done with work.

11. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice boss!

12. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The temp is really dropping here (MN) this weekend and the corn is coming out at a record pace, so hopefully they will be on their feet when I am up in the stand.

13. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saturday is my first day out. Haven't decided if I'm going to sit all day or not. Early season can be slow and the days are long. But I do have pictures of doe all times of the day, so we will see!

14. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    nice job tribal and boss!

I'm sitting thursday night. for the first time.

15. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Barring the storms in the forecast, I'll be sitting on stand in IL tomorrow evening hopefully getting on one of the bucks I have on camera. A cold front is moving through tomorrow which would set up a great weekend for bowhunting. But....I'll be taking my 9 year old son out during the IL youth season. Hopefully I'll be able to get him on a good buck. We'll see. Good luck to everyone who's hunting this weekend.

16. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    el greate siete.jpg coming home from college tomorrow night, im gonna hit the stand early saturday and have had some good bucks on camera last week so with this storm brewin im expecting to see some horns! I have monday off for fall break too so ill put some time in then for sure. Im deffinately putting a doe on the board this weekend cause i need a freezer filler. this is the guy ill be sitting for on monday. Not a monster but hes a good buck.. a lot of character too and thats what i like best about him.

17. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Went hunting last night and got busted by a doe that walked in from downwind side. Coulda shot a small button buck but no thanks. Things looked good though. I'm excited for saturday night. I think I'll have 50pts on the board and some tasty meat. (i hope)

18. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm back home from a long needed retreat. My dad decided to go out and bow hunt this year. He decided this last week. Apparently, there are deer all over the place. Mostly does. My dad shot at 2 does and missed them both completely. He isn't bow hunting anymore until he gets a cross bow. Thank God. I put him on a visitor stand that I set up for other people's people. Owners family and such. Both shots were taken sitting down. I'm actually glad that he missed and not wounded one. My dad is in his late 60's and is set in his ways. What do you do.

Moving forward, I'll be working nights all next week which might allow me some stand time. I'm on call and the only time I would be able to hunt would be during the day. Not that I hunt atnight, but I'll have the day off.

Great job to those who put some points on our board this past week. Keep it up.

19. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Good to have you back shane. Now maybe since your done touring the vinyards you can get into the woods and pull some of the weight "captain"? OH SNAP! :lol:

20. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, next week will be a challenge to hunt as I won't get off work until 8, and I've been gone for 2 weeks now. I'll be out there the week of Halloween for sure. None of the big bucks hit my woods till after Halloween, so I'm conserving the woods until then, plus I asked dad not to go back.