** Team 21 Offical thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Arkansas countryboy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again Dave thats awesome now if you can teach Tony how to shoot does :lol:

Way to go buddy

2. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, give Tony a break.................he can not shoot does and I would not shoot a doinker. I wonder if team 27 realizes we gave them the win? At anytime last year I could have shot a doinker buck and they would have lost by 27 points instead of winning by 23. I guess that is the differance between "true champs..us" and the new champs "shoot anything for points". )))

Dave

3. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Almost forgot to mention, I switched to the Montec CS this year. I am really impressed with the performance so far, shot exactly the same as field points right out of the box. Shot the doe at 29 yards, broke bone going in and out, complete pass through, not bad for a 62 lb bow and an old man with a bad shoulder))). Seeing the deer fall I did not bother to check the bloodtrail, guess I will do that next time.

The broadhead had no chips or bending, resharpen, shot it at the target and still flies true. Resharpen again and put back in quiver. I also wanted to report on the Nocturnal nocks, I wear glasses and at low light I can see well enough to see my pin and shoot but can not always see the arrows flight. The Nocturnal really helped lastnight, being able to see the arrows flight let me know exactly were I hit the deer. This allows in my opinion a better idea of how long to let the deer lay before tracking "better insight of impact point". I am now sold on the Nocturnals and on my way back from the butcher I bought six more))).
    :rock:

Dave

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  4. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe!

5. Arkansas countryboy

Arkansas countryboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Dave!

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bite me, Cowboy :D

8. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    congrats on the doe.
    My season starts Saturday. totally stoked.
    a few 120's floating around and one I think that can go 135-140

9. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I know there's no points for coyotes, but let's just say there's one less "fawn killer" in my area. - BHOD

10. 00BigMattyC00

00BigMattyC00 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not good on judging and I dont have the pics with me but Ive got some moderate sized 6s and a nice size 8 on my trail cams. Im a 2nd year shooter so whichever comes first is going down! haha

11. DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe Dave. Sorry I haven't been that vocal the last few weeks guys. Work has been killing me. I've been all over the Midwest the last few weeks but it looks like things are going to slow down. I also hope to show you a few pics of my hit list bucks as soon as I can figure out how to do it on my computer (f@&$ing Mac's)

12. djs06dc5

djs06dc5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season starts in 6-7hrs. Super pumped. Put my treestand out last weekend. Put it up, then an hour later when I was leaving, decided to cruise past it to see if it was visible from the road...only the two deer underneath it is all I could see..haha..excited! This is an evening spot, right between bed and food. Hopefully it works out. Got some new rage extremes waiting to fly!
    Congrats dave!

13. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I came home to hunt today. Woke up at 5 am to the sound of torrential downpour..... Hesitant to go out in this stuff, probably not even worth it. After today I think the next time I'll be able to hunt here is next weekend seeing here in the lovely state of Maine (haha) we still can't hunt on Sundays.

14. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Oh and by the way I did do some scouting on some public land about 25 minutes from the college. Headed off into an old wood lot and found some massive trails and very heavy deer and moose sign, set a trail cam up. I'll check it wednesday or thursday.

15. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Goodluck to those hunting, I decided to skip the morning hunt and will try to get out this afternoon.

Dave

16. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys braved the weather for an afternoon hunt. Ended up seeing four does. Maybe next time!

17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday afternoon and saw nothing. Expected not to with the squirrel hunters in the woods. Getting out of stand at dark I decided to stop off and pull some camera cards. Got a few pictures of small bucks but nothing of any size. How is it going folks? Post up so we know you are alive)))).

Dave

18. 00BigMattyC00

Dislikes Received:
    Got up to my property a little while ago near Monticello, NY tomorrow's the day ill keep you all posted

19. djs06dc5

djs06dc5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday for our opener. Did'nt kill anything, but was happy with the outcome. First activity that I had was around 8am, when two young bucks (4pt&7pt) came out of some corn to their beds, but made a pit stop under my stand. Came out around 11. Back in stand around 4pm. Had three does heading my way, planned on taking a shot at the biggest one if they got within range....they did'nt cause they busted me getting prepared for their arrival. Seen three different young bucks the rest of the night all within range. All three bucks hit the same scrape, one after the other (weird). Then two of them sparred for a lil bit.

that's all...I'm heading out a few more times this week (all night sits). Hopefully a shooter cooperates this time.

20. 00BigMattyC00

Dislikes Received:
    Buddy shot a small doe this morning I saw a decent doe at about 60 but never got closer. Other guy missed the 8pter we've had on cams at about 50yds. Gonna try to bag him tonight!! Good luck guys!