Wow Green Bay got screwed

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MN_Jay, Sep 24, 2012.

1. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If Jon Gruden can see it as a bull**** call it must be true.....

2. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Then we can look at the offensive pass interference call that was called defensive pass interference and continues the Seahawks drive, or that poor roughing the passer call on Walden. A lot of poor calls that changed the game drastically that doesn't make the call on the final play justified.

3. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hell no... none of it makes up for that last play. Greenbay got screwed..... right up the but with no foreplay.

4. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys everyone really needs to calm down. Im a Vikings homer! Even I can see it was an interception, Im just in denial that Green Bay deserved that victory. If it was any other team, I would agree on the call, but my Viking roots dont allow it.

5. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Terrible call! This Isn't the only game thats had terrible calls. Clearly though If the Pack are this elite team everyone says they are they better start playing like one Instead of allowing these terrible refs to dictate the outcome. 8 sacks the 1st half?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Finally a sensible post! Right on, Schultzy!!! My first thought as well...

7. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My question is "how did they get it wrong on the replay?" On field refs... real time... I can understand... but slow mo?

8. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It made me happy. The patriots getting hosed however did not make me happy

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You got that right. The packers have more problem than the refs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To you guys saying Green Bay needs to just make sure they're not in that position...I agree. It's true GB shouldn't have been in that position...but stating that, no matter how true it is, that cannot be used to justify how the final play was handled. Botched in so many ways it's unbelievable.

And yes GB one scoring drive was kept alive by an PI call that was bogus, as was the Walden roughing the passer which reversed GB INT, or the call against Sam Shields (PI) that kept a Seahawk drive alive...many missed calls throughout the game could have changed the entire look of the game one way or the other....BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT FINAL MISSED CALL IS SO TERRIBLE IT IS AN INJUSTICE THAT SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Attention Greenbay fans, Please bend over, replacment refs do what you do.

Ouch

BTW one of my friends is a Big Ten offical, and anyone who wants to ref in the pros IS NOT going to be a replacement ref. Those guys are going to be black balled. So the good college refs are staying in college.

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    For sure...besides you know DIV I wasn't gonna let all their good guys go away anyways.

13. Kristine

Kristine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Packers aren't as good as they think they are! They are a good team but all they have is the O. BEARS O is terrible(even after the last 3 Off. Coordinators) Yes the calls last night were bs but there are bad calls in every game,alot of them game changers! Why did Jennings catch it instead of swat it away?? It b game over! DA BEARS!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

14. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was a terrible call and one of the worst officiated games ever, this coming from a guy who hates Green Bay! The refs are a complete joke and something has to change.

On a side note, its funny that nobody is talking about the ref in the Cowboys and Bucs game that could have easily ended the Cowboys reciever (Kevin Oggletree) season when he threw his hat at the feet of a reciever while he was running his route and caused him to slip, cost the Cowboys a touchdown and could have easily blew out the recievers knee. The NFLPA should sue the NFL and Roger over this!

15. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just like In the Titans/Lions game. The defender tipped the ball Instead of knocking the ball down like he should have and the Lions caught the ball In the end zone.

10 to 1 says this game (Packers and Seahawks) will be the breaking point and we will see the original refs back shortly. No doubt It's time too. The other day In the Vikings/Niners game the Niners got 4 time outs the 2nd half. Crazy stuff.

16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am afraid we havent even seen the worst of it yet. The refs dont seem to even want to talk to the coaches to explain anything. The fact that we can watch the replay and see what a ridiculously bad job these guys are doing makes it worse. These players and coaches are to competitive and the coaches are so detail oriented to not BLOW UP on these continued bad calls, this is going to get even uglier. I thought Goodell was going to be good for football when he came in and started to clean it up, but I am getting tired of how he runs things. The country LOVES football and we will take a lot but he cant keep feeding us S**T sandwiches and tell us it is roast beef. At some point people are going to start to find better things to do with their time.

17. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah is was a terrible call at the end...the receiver also should have been called for a push off.

BUT...there were bad calls throughout the game and many of them benefited the Packers.

If I were a Pack fan I would be more concerned about the inability of the O-line to block anyone.

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Okay seriously all you people stating this...see my earlier post. You can't justify that final play by saying other bad ones were made....it's true others happened many benefiting both sides...but that final one has a direct relationship with the outcome of the game, more so than any of the PI calls, roughing the passer calls or holding calls...it was such an egregious call the league should be utterly ashamed and it should have been overturned for no other fact than it was obvious. I understand the replay by definition of the rules (which is BS) can't change possession just say whether the pass was caught or not....but they could have ruled it incomplete because the WR (Tate) did not have possession of the ball. Would have saved some face, correct team wins and they didn't technically change possession due to replay.

19. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't justify anything? I agreed it was a bad call. Am I not allowed to make further observations beyond that? If you don't think the other 23 penalties called in this game had a direct relationship with the outcome you are nuts. These replacement refs are terrible and are calling way more penalities than the regular crews...many of them being bad calls. It is affecting ALL the games. Example....the 49'ers were allowed an extra time out and two extra challenges (one of which caused a turnover) versus the Vikings last Sunday which kept them in the game when it should have been over with 3 minutes left. Luckily, for the Vikings they still won despite the screw ups by the refs.

Would I be pissed if I were a Packer fan? Absolutely. But again, the bigger concern for the Packers should be all the sacks on Rodgers...one loss will not sink the Pack's season...but getting their QB killed due to lack of protection might.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  20. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its gotten so bad, im worried about a strike by players and coaches if the real refs don't come back soon.