**Team 16 Official Thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow....we have an active team thread. Haven't been used to that in the past. I really don't care about being captain but will be if no on else wants it. :)

Don't have any 12 pointer pics either....I sure hope I have one or two running around though. Haven't gotten any on my cam. I've gotten bear pics on my three cams that I have out on the main property I hunt. I'll try to get some pics up soon of the bucks I have been getting.

2. bowhuntr22

bowhuntr22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    looks like we got some great targets out there fellas :tu:

3. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I see T-shirts in our future.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can you see this one cls?

[​IMG]

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I see that one, trying to put it in the sig line now.

Edit: I saved it and uploaded it, but for some reason it's not showing up in my sig. I can see it as saved in my profile/settings.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to add some antlers to it too.

As far as Sig-line images go, once you upload it you need to add this line of code into you signature:

Then you should be good to go :tu:

7. ChrisSchwarz

ChrisSchwarz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like it.......

yes we do have a many nice bucks on camera's for our team......if we can get half those and some does.....

8. npd568

npd568 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was able to get my wifes old digital camera mounted to my bow so hopefully if everything goes well if I get a shot at one of mine I'll get it on video.

9. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well September 1st is the first day you can legally be on the Walk-in hunting in KS so I decided to map out where I was going to go tomorrow. Sadly one place I found toward the end of last year is off limits this year. It was in the Kansas River bottom and while I never actually saw a big buck there I just had the feeling there was one there. Lots of big rubs and big tracks. Still leaves several hundred acres maybe even over 1000 acres to try and scout out by the time you add in the COE ground around Lake Perry.

There is 1 place in particular that I'm excited about. I found it 2 years ago but didn't scout it like I should have last year. Honestly thats probably where I'll spend most of the day tomorrow. Its around 180 acres. Probably 100 of that is beans this year which is good because with the drought the corn died off early and made nothing but the beans seemed to fair much better. I know of a very nice 10 point that was taken across the road from it last year that I'm pretty sure my friend saw while hunting there a few days before. Also, he has got some vid of a nice 8 on that same day. After I get back tomorrow I'll try and mark up some google earth pics and post it up on here to see if you guys have some more ideas on this land.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Envious of these September starters, good luck!

11. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck frantic!

12. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Today is just the first day you can be there. Season starts on the 15th but I usually don't hunt that early because of the heat. I found out so much more about where I can hunt this year I may actually have the problem of too much land. Most of its public but its so huge that you just don't see a lot of people especially during bow season. And most of its <30 minutes from my front door.

The next month is just scouting to try and confirm what I know, find out what I don't and setting some stands. I usually start hunting the first half of October and start to hit it super hard the last week of October since thats the last week I'm allowed to take vacation at work and thats usually the first week you really start to see good activity if the weather cooperates. After that I'm in the woods every day I have off and if I happen to get off early enough or go in late enough I'll hunt those mornings and afternoons as well. I don't really play weather or moon games too much. My schedule doesn't really let me. I set a handful of stands that I think will work for a few different winds and just pick one and go when I can. I'll be flat worn out by the middle of December and the girlfriend will be more than ready me to kill out or the season be over.

Sorry in advance I tend to ramble in my posts. :o

13. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Well only went to one place yesterday. We all got covered up in ticks and decided to go home. This is the first time this summer I have gotten into tick. I pulled about 30 off when we got home. My girlfriend and my hunting buddy did the same. I had treated my and my girlfriends clothes with permethrin just a couple of days ago then sprayed off over me when I got there. These guys did not give a crap though. They were everywhere.

Anyway we basically just confirmed what we knew didn't find much else that looked really promising aside from where we hunted this land last year. Still need to get in the creek and walk it to see where the crossings are. It rained all day Friday so it was pretty nasty in there yesterday and we didn't want to get covered in mud on top of all the ticks. And I was way off on the acreage. This place is actually more like 75 acres rather than 180. We did see a Fawn, doe, and a little 6 point buck. He was out of velvet already which surprised me a little. Usually another 2 weeks before you start seeing them out of velvet around here. Still really need to scout out the west boundary. Its super thick though. Lots of hedge with knarly thorns and much of it is a hands and knees endeavor we did find a descent bedding area there though.
    Blue are very well used deer trails, yellow are places we found beds, red is places we will look at putting stands. All the green is beans.

[​IMG]

14. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is there now. I added it again and it appears to show up. However it is not the best pic.

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that's a brute, love the curling brow tine! Is the date on your cam right? If so and he was 3 then I can't imagine what he looks like at 5 1/2. Good luck getting on him.

I'll be hopefully getting out first weekend or two of October, it's dependent on the heat. But with 3 paychecks coming in October I think it's going to afford me the opportunity of a 5-6 day stint around Nov. 11-15. I'll also be taking November 5-7 off. Getting excited, hopefully blue tongue hasn't been as bad as some other areas are reporting.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  16. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here's an updated sig image with a 12pt buck :tu:

[​IMG]

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I made it out to check my cameras this weekend. My usual spot only got Mrs. T, a big fat doe I have photos of the last few years. However, I had moved my new camera to a new spot. I wasn't sure if I'd get any photos, but in a weeks time, I had over 750 of deer! 3 small bucks and a ton of does. I was certainly surprised.

I might be taking some meat from that ridge :tu:

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice, sounds like it might be a good seeking/cruising phase spot as well. Same area as Blade?

Thanks for the avatar/sig images. Hopefully we'll be adding "Defending" to them next season.

19. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's a completely different area as Blade. Opposite side of the lake, I don't think I'll get much cross over.

20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just sent another message/reminder to HuntingBry. Says he has been active as early as this morning. I know Fitz sent one out soon after team picks, hopefully he checks in.