** Team 21 Offical thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Arkansas countryboy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tony, do not pass that crippled rumor around. I can see just fine out of my one good eye. The foot is healed and I installed electric self climbing seats on all my stands.

I spent the time and money this year to get gps equiped arrows to help in tracking my deer. Sooooooooooooooo, back off buddy or I will tell everyone your dirty little secret)))

Dave

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

You mean that he wears camo thongs in the stand?
    Good luck Big Dave, show these youngsters what you can do. Just don't break anything!

3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You said that would be kept a secret ... no more pic messages for you!

4. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    If any of the other Teamies know any of the folks who havent checked in, please give them a call. We need to get everyone checked in, pick a team name and captain.

Dave

5. DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DeathFromAbove checking in. Depending on the circle you run in you may know me by my first name William or “Will” but I also have gone by my middle name Drew for the last few years due to the fact that I work with another will and a Bill so it made life a lot easier. Anyway i hail from north central Illinois and am in my 15th year of bow hunting. I have a few good shooters (130+) roaming around the farm I hunt and I have set a goal to take a doe or two off the 6000+ acres of public land within 5 min of my house. I had an ok year last fall taking a 146” 9pt in early November but I have failed to take a doe for the last two years so I have made it a mission this year to knock one down early and get that monkey off my back.

6. jknierim

jknierim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What county do you hunt? I hunt in Effingham and Jasper counties.

7. DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt LaSalle county

8. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here guys sorry had a long weekend getting ready for the season. Bio: I'm 28 and from Northern Il. I have two properties that I hunt both around 300 acres. I shoot two does a year for meat (man i love me some deer) and try to only shoot bucks that I think will measure 140" or bigger, I hope that doesn't turn around to bite our team in the butt though.

It is going to be real cool to get to know all you guys and hear all your stories in from the upcoming season!!

9. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Team Name Ideas;

BoneHeadHunters
    NockandRoll
    TreeNinjas
    AerialAssault
    BlackJacks (since we are team number 21)

10. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I kind of like that "Team Bloodtrail"

11. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nockandroll's good too

12. Arkansas countryboy

Arkansas countryboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like nockandroll too. I'm for giving to captain spot to someone who has been here longer.

13. IowaBowhunter5

IowaBowhunter5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, I've been busy lately. I'm checking. A little about myself. I'm 15, I hunt Iowa and Missouri. Um I like the teams names

Buckk Baggers
    Team Animal Control
    Backstrap Brigade
    Team 'ka-na-ti' (Cherokee Indian word for great hunters)

14. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    So who lives in a state with a september openig day? Pressures on you guys to get the ice broken and get some points on the board! Illinois we have to wait till october first, but you can bet your arse Ill be doing my best the first two maybe three weeks to get some meat in the freezer and some points on the board! Then it's strictly bruiser cruisin' till the rut has ended.

Whats everyone elses hunting strategy this year?

15. Arkansas countryboy

Dislikes Received:
    Arkansas opens the 15 of sept this year! My camera lately haven't shown anything! :( but I have been seeing 6 does in a field every night. Thats 50 points hopefully.

16. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I also like Nock & Roll, it has a nice ring to it! As far as the team name goes. The opener here in WI is Sept. 15 so I have no problem with trying to break the ice, if that's what it takes. I plan to do a little doe management, since it helps the herd, the landowner, and me, by putting meat in both of our freezers. I can get multiple doe tags here so I make sure his freezer is full too. It's all legal, I get to hone my skills, he's happy since it's one less deer eating his crops, and he has some meat to eat too. So the goals are a couple does for sure and hopefully a mature buck. Of course if any of this happens, it will be on film to share with everyone on future Bowhunt or Die episodes. We'll see what the season has in store for me. Good luck fellas!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    So we pretty much agree on Nock and Roll as a team name. Now we need to elect a team captain. My season actually started a month ago due to the farm I hunt has an AG permit. I have not hunted due to work and I simply wanted to give time for my new stand areas to cool down.

Here in Southern Maryland an average buck is 115 or better. I let a lot and I mean alot of 100-110 and smaller bucks walk each year on this property. Last year Team six the returning champs actually lost the competition by twentythree point, my teamies understood that I would not shoot a buck that did not meet my goals. I tell you this because I would not want any of us to change the way we hunt or our goals simply for a competition))). I am hopeful that my management of "let them go and let them grow" starts paying off. Bow season opens next Friday Sept 7th, I may hit the woods with the bow this Saturday but not sure if my schedule will allow it. I am hopeful that this year will be better than last year, I struggled with a broken foot the entire season and could not be mobile with the climber.

Like I stated in a previous post I put my stands up based on pinch points and around watering holes. I then use the climber to move about the property as I see deer moving while in my fixed stands. Goals for this year.................two doe minimum, one buck over 130 and a second buck of that size if possible.

I got a few bucks that I have watched for the last two to three years.................One is Hightower, easily an upper 140 nine point this year, then there is Narly who has crap going everywhere, I am guessing him to be upper 130's. I aslo have a buck named Player who for the last two years has been a basket eight but really made a huge jump into the bigboy club. He is an O.K eight again this year but has gained some width and serious tine length.

Last but not least are the unexpected bucks who show up every year................generally come around the rutt I catch a few nice bucks cruising who would meet my criteria. Anyways let's all stay in touch, keep everyone motivated and support each other as we hunt this year. Most of all, let us all be safe and make it home after each hunt safe and sound.

Dave

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  18. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Folks, we need to pick a Team capatain. do not be afraid to post))))

Dave

19. Arkansas countryboy

Dislikes Received:
    I pick you.

20. Arkansas countryboy

Dislikes Received:
    Well I just sent dsj06dc5 I message about the team. I also tried to send one to BigMatty but it said name invalid. So he probably will not be on the team.