Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

ANother reason to shake your head at unions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Rancid Crabtree, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  2. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm afraid it's a path this country has taken and now can't get out of. With all the minorities becoming the majority, and with all the "give me give me" politics of today... I think the dye has been cast. We're finished. It no longer matters how incompetent and whether or not you're truthful. It's all about who promises to give the most for doing nothing to all the illegals now and minorities and those who won't help themselves. They're shooting the hell out of each other in Chicago... but come election day they'll be in line to gather their next 4 years or lifetime of Give Me. I'm thinking Canada. I have lots of family there. When I need medical help I can always call on Obama Care. LOL

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They have gov healthcare in Canada Dave, you're covered:)

4. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But he'll probably be a scumbag illegal immigrant.

5. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whaaat!?

Union money backs the Democratic Party!?

You don't say.

What is this world coming too. The next thing ya know we'll have giant corporations backing the Republican Party!

Say it ain't so!

Say it ain't so!

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    When does bow season get here? I can't take this rhetoric anymore!

7. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    word.

8. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know... but it's slow to act. It would take me months to get done what they're going to do to me Friday. By that time I could be dead. I need arteries cleaned out NOW... not in February.

9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not soon enough :sad:

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do you think its okay for our government to bail out a union shop company and then actually take an ownership percentage of that company, and then have that union tell its members who to vote for? Are you okay with that? Have you ever really thought about why that union employer needed bailed out in the first place?

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are you ok with government bailing out banks?

1400 jobs coming this summer to the jeep plant here in Toledo. Yes I was ok with both bailouts, gm needed it because management and union were collectively stupid for a long time.

I don't care what a union guy makes or a business owner. Why it bothers some is beyond me.

12. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Im a member of Local 1393 IBEW Electrical workers
    ,,I didnt vote for Him and will not again,,,No ties with me and alot of guys I work with. :wave:Im starting to get the vibe you hate Unions!

13. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am not capable of hate. In cases like this I have just the opposite of hate. (Google it)

14. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think anyone cares what anyone makes. It's the "I'm more Important then the company attitude because I belong to an almighty union so I can do what I please attitude" that people are down right sick and tired of. Not all union members are like this either but more are then not. Sometimes management Is screwed too. Their between a rock and a hard place when the almighty unions demand more. They go through stuff like- do I say no to the union so they then go on strike and I then possibly loose the whole business or do I say yes to another greedy contract and loose some money Instead of possibly loosing everything over a strike?

15. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was beat by Germ.. but since you're playing.

Do you think its okay for our government to bail out a privately owned corporation and then not take any ownership of that company, then have that same company tell its people and the public who they should vote for? Are you okay with that? Have you ever really thought about why that major corporate employer needed to be bailed out in the first place?

See.. it works both ways.

What's great about these kind of discussions is that I really am a middle guy.. and make fun of both political parties and those who blindly follow either.. the best part from my end is its just so much easier to make fun of right-siders.

16. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There you go, lumping all people who belong to unions in a single group again. I actually have a brain. I did not vote for the the dope the first time and I will not be voting for him this time. I don't care if the Republican party send Mickey mouse and Donald Duck up against him. I say Disney all they way!!!!:bash:

17. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    No, I dont think that is okay. I dont think any corporation or union should pressure anyone as to how to vote.

Also, you are making some very inaccuate assumptions about my political views. I also tend to look at facts and not listen to the fiction that the media, unions, and both parties spew. There are more than enough criminals on both sides of the isle. Politics was never meant to be a profession.

Tell me this. Why cant unions take the middle and let their members think for themselves? I have been on the recieving end of their propoganda and can assure you that a lot of it was not just misleading and inaccurate, but was pure fiction. Congressional records are public, it took very little effort to find the truth and disprove some of their dribble. Unfortunately, too many of thier members are too lazy to find the truth, and too quick to belive the brain washing. Why do the unions feel the need to do that? What are they afraid of? The truth?

18. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    You are in a very small informed minority when it comes to union members. Not saying that GOP is always the way to go, but at least you are able to think for yourself.

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    GOP thinks for themselves, now that's funny.

They all think the way their biggest donors want them too.

20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Germ, I think you may want to read that again. I know its early, you may not have had your coffee yet. But that is not at all whay I said. Please read again sir. Simply stated that he was able to have a mind of his own and not following the brain washed union crowd all the time.

I would agree that most if not all politicians tend to follow the money. That is why our sytem is broken at the present.