Official Team 4 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by bloodcrick, Apr 4, 2012.

1. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out at it tomorrow morning. I've got some great photos this weekend at a place they like to hangout. I'll be there waiting for them tommorrow, and with any luck I can make a star out of one of them for the next Bowhunt or Die episode. Shoot Str8 my friends!!!!!
    >>>---------->

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent Dean, text me if you do any good!

3. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Goodluck!!

4. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Decoy is ready to go. I have had more sucess ever since I made the tail movable up and down using, a hinge, return spring and fire line as a pull string. Deak is mounted on a stand so I dont have to fool with a stake and has a carry handle built in. Real wings and feathers, bobed the fake beard and use a Jake fan! Bow is dialed in and ready, camera is ready < BOWHUNT OR DIE x Wednesday the 25th is my season opener, I took off 25-27 and off the week end to!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had fun this morning, heard quite a few birds gobbling, had a hen come inspect my decoy and three longbeards walk by at about 50 yards and left. I called them back, but they just would not come close enough. They hung around behind the blind and rattled my caged for over two hours, just would not come in no matter what I did. I did some filming and if it is worth anything I will attempt to post. I moved the blind to where the gobblers passed both times and will try them again Monday.

6. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Well yesterday was a close one. I had 5 hens and 2 toms about 20 some yards but behind the blind. No shot! Today I had hens multiple times right in my lap, but the 2 toms stayed out about 50 yards. Earlier in the day I had 4 jakes at 5 yards, but didn't have the heart to shoot them, especially on the 2nd day of my season, so I just filmed them. A big front moved in, and its pouring rain right now, and into tomorrow. I may go to work just to try and clear my head from those miserable thunderchickens. Watch out on Saturday Tommy, better weather coming in, and I'm hoping that an arrow will fly! Bowhunt or Die!!!!

7. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    We're on the board boys! I killed one this morning, what's probably the oldest bird I ever shot! It's what you call a "Limbhanger". Pics to come soon!

8. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Mr. Limbhanger

Attached Files:

9. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    DEAN :rock: That is a stud Tom! congrats man, did the vid go down good?? How is the rest of the team doing guys? Mine comes in Wednesday. Im off wed through sunday! The birds were thundering this morning before work, I skiped going to the gym before work in favor of some ear scouting :D

10. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Danno! My opinion may be a little one sided, but I think it turned out great. It was my first time with a second angle camera going, pointed at me, so we'll see how it all gets put together. >>>------------->

11. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to get us started, that is definately a limbhanger.
    Only got hunt a couple hours yesterday and didn't hear a bird. Grand daughter had a softball game. I'll get after them again next week.

12. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Oh cool, you using an Epic cam? I plan on getting one before next season! Trlblzr3 good luck to you as well as everyone else!

13. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Crick that dare decoy looks at redneck as you!! LOL

14. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the bird!! Luv the hooks. Got skunked this morning. It was pretty windy and they are calling for more wind and rain tomorrow so I'll be back out on Wednesday morning. Goodluck everyone!!

15. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    TURKEY SEASON IN THE MORNING :rock:

16. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there bloodcrick! Make one a star!

17. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Day 1 was a bust, old reliable spot went sour this year for some reason. Day 2 I came real close. I had a Tom comming in on a string, he was even running at times. When he got to 60 he just hung up and gobbled the whole time. He finally skirted me to my left and hung up at the wood line then eventually entering the woods behind me and gobbling forever. He finally came back out in field but never would commit. I hunted him till 11:30 he gobbled the whole time. I have a plan tomorrow, I know what he likes to do now ;)

18. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    That's the way to do it! Get that pattern figured out! Good luck! I'll be driving 1 1/2 hrs tomorrow morning, looking to put #2 on the ground!

19. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Ok im bumed! Got busted by a Tom at 5 yards! I had him figured out, set up, but for some reason didnt set out my Jake deak, just a Hen. I think the Jake might of had his attention a little more. He came in just in time for me to get the camera on but not recording, He was up against the wood line instead of 20 yards out by the deak. I honestly think he seen my eyes. Try somewhere else in the morn! Oh I dont know if you all know but I dont use a pop up, just terrain and brush blinds. I have killed a bird every year for the last 7 years with a Bow with no pop up. This morning, it would have helped :(

20. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, how's everyone doing? I smoked another bird yesterday morning, after getting up at 2:30 in the morning to drive 1 1/2 hours North, to hunt a different zone. He's definitely not as big as the first one this year, but he was big enough for the last day of that (time period) season, here in Wisconsin. I'll save the details for an upcoming episode of Bowhunt or Die. Anyway, good luck, and as always be safe!