Rage broadheads??

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by nybowhunter17, Oct 11, 2011.

1. mikedirtbike

mikedirtbike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i had the 2 blade rage and when shooting quartering shoots i didn't have much luck with them opening all the way up...

2. bowboy

bowboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    good choice

I have personally never used these broadheads but have heard great things about the way the shoot and have also seen the aftermath of what the do to a deer. The only bad thing about these rages are that the o ring that holds the blades goes out of them but it is a easy fix for what iv heard to be a good broadhead.

3. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What did the exit hole look like ? ? Oh wait there wasn't one :lol: :poke:

4. Yote

Yote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot Rage 2 blade for since they've been on the market.Killed several deer with them.Only had one buck that I didn't get a complete pass through on and that was because I hit the opposite shoulder.Never had to actually track a deer that I shot with a Rage.They all went down within site and several dropped where they were shot.

5. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kind of funny I'm the opposite. Someone would have to pay me a lot of money to use them. I actually think they are a good broad head just harder to use. The 2 sets that I have had I could never get the blades to stay closed. Got fed up with it when one day it would have prevented me from getting a shot. A deer came in and just never offered a shot but if would have walked a yard 1 way instead of the other he would have and when I looked at my broad head 1 of the blades was open. Took them off as soon as I got home. In addition, I just like being able to see the cutting edge of the blades up and ready to do damage. Puts my mind at ease.

In the end its all what you want to shoot. Hopefully the rages work out for you better than they did for me.

6. GeorgiaBoy

GeorgiaBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Rage 3-blades the whole of my bowhunting career, my uncle swears by them, and my cousin as well. The two deer I've killed have been clean passes and all the blades activated on contact, creating huge entry wounds that remind me of the triforce from Legend of Zelda(Yeah, I'm a nerd too.) The first deer left an excellent blood trail but the second hardly bled due to placement and I needed a tracking dog, but neither deer made it more than 70 yards.

7. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, anytime you ask a question like this your gonna get mixed responses but here is my take on Rage. A buddy of mine told me that he has never gotten a single pass through using rage so he switched back to fixed blades. I personally never used them but have had bad experiences with mechanical broadheads in general. I finally decided to give up on mechanical's and stick to fixed blade. Also, there is an outfitter in Ky that has banned the used of mechanical heads on their hunts due to a low deer recovery rate. This is my take. I'm not doggin' rage or mechanical's I'm sure that they have worked for some hunter but unfortunately I'm not one of them.

8. M Kaminski

M Kaminski Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot Rage 2 Blade last year. I was very impressed with the accuracy, but no so impressed with the penetration I got. I have always shot Muzzy Broadheads and probably always will.

9. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    2011-10-03_22.14.22.jpg 2011-10-03_22.13.58.jpg 8-2.jpg

As always Rage getting it done. Have over 10 deer shot with Rage and never had an issue. I have also shot multiple deer with the same Rage BH. The doe I shot with a 2 blade. The buck was shot by the land owner with a 3 blade. The entry hole was even bigger than the exit you see in the pic. Both deer taking this year. I will take anyones Rage BH they have laying around. I'll even pay for the shipping.

10. iahunter11

iahunter11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    they break and bend straight junk! buy montec cs!

11. stupid_rope

stupid_rope Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I want to do some experiments with the Rage broadheads. Between myself and my 3 coworkers who bow hunt, we would like to run them through some tests.

If anyone does not want theirs or has old ones that do not work i would like them. i will pay for shipping via paypal. PM if you're interested

12. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought them but don't use them. One side kept coming open on me without me even realizing it.
    Why risk missing a shot because of that design flaw?

Muzzy 3 blade and forget about the rest . IMO

13. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll send you mine if I didn't throw them away.
    Had some schwacker and NAP thunderheads as well. Flimsy garbage as someone said.

I'm not messing with them anymore.

14. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just killed my 24th in a row since switching to Rage! Have not lost a deer or had any of those malfunctions everybody likes to blame bad shots on..........

15. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here is your test:
    When shot with a Rage broadhead in the correct place is the deer easily found and recovered? I just put Rage 2 blade through that test 24 times in a row and they passed EVERY time...........Used the same broadhead on 3 different deer this year, just changed the blades and made sure they still spun true.

16. Ky/Jody

Ky/Jody Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't trust them. Had good and bad luck with them. No

17. Jake Siegle

Jake Siegle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I really liked them i shot my first deer last year with on with a 40 lb draw weight at 25 yards in the boiler room and she only ran another 20 before pileing up in the feild.The blood trail was great i would highly reccomend them but buy some o rings to go with them cause they will fall off and dry rot on ya.

18. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just shot my first deer last Sat with a Rage 2-blade and got full pass-through. Shot was a little high so I got lung and liver. Blood trail was a little less than I would have liked but still able to be followed. Deer only ran about 75 yards and crashed.

I was a little worried myself about having enough energy for them to work correctly - i'm shooting an older High Country bow at about 57# and I know it's gotta be less than 300fps. Seemed to work ok this time - granted it was a small buttonbuck though.

19. stupid_rope

stupid_rope Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats good. I'm sure some of the failures are due to poor maintenance or poor shooting. But its funny, because guys like you swear by them and other guys have issues.

Guess that's why the market is so broad!

20. Ky/Jody

Ky/Jody Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't trust them. I think that you caccot go wrong with Muzzy 4 blade/:deer: