Official team 14 thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Finch, Aug 29, 2011.

1. deer_predator

deer_predator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Neal!! It's finally cooling off here.. Dang Central Illinois should not be mid 80's in October!!!!

2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations brother! As far as the bucks go, if they'll ever move during daylight hours I've got a good chance. They keep walking past before first light.

3. Pike OH

Pike OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice. Lookin forward to seein the video

4. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! Can't wait to get back out there for more! Good luck - Go team 14!

DSC01901.jpg

5. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe, Neal! We are getting it DONE!

NEW...hate hearing that about your son's deer. That would be a tough one to swallow. A 30-30 is a good rifle. If I rifle hunt, a 30-30 will be what I take out. Marlin Lever-action.

6. Pike OH

Pike OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The weather here in southern ohio is getting to be annoying lol. This will be the third weekend the season has been open. Opening weekend-20-30mph wind gusts. Last weekend-80 degrees. This coming weekend-20-25mph wind gusts saturday. It is driving me nuts, during the week when I am busy, the weather isn't too bad. We have 250 points I believe, I'd like to see one us of nail a 150 buck and catch up to monster raxx. I know its still really early,and a friendly competition, but losing really sucks. NEW, I can't stop going back and looking at that picture of the doe you got lol, my brother in law has a picture of me with one a little bigger then that, that he likes to show to people when we're drinkin or just talking about hunting.

7. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:

8. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get me wrong I love little deer, I've shot a load of them to eat.....I just don't normally take pics. But 50 points is 50 points. I intentionally held it like a bunny or coyote to make the pic kind of comical and it worked cuz it cracks me up everytime I scroll past it. I'm hunting Thursday evening, Friday all day , and Sat. morning. The weather looks like crap(hot) but I'm already off so I'm gonna see what happens. Some bucks would be nice but the 500 doe points are almost a gimme, hopefully we can get all of those.

9. Pike OH

Pike OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just watched the episode Neal. Nice job. Feels good when a plan comes together. You liking the Z7?
    I'm headed out this weekend, not expecting much, a lot of wind from the wsw. I have a spot behind a giant of a knob that has a lot of oaks and is 70 yards from an old clear cut they bed in, so I'm hoping I'm out of the wind a bit.

10. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well boys, 4 day doe-only gun season opened yesterday. rain all day, cleared late, but high winds. I'll be trying to do my part text week and get out there for 3 evenings. Temps look good next week. Heat is out and cold is back. 50s daytime, 30s at night. man I can't wait. Finally got my Lt. promo stuff done and out of the way. A few BBDs here would be good. Good luck to you all this week.

11. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    hey here's an I idea i came up with to help trackn. You know those little flag/markers they use for utilities?, a bunch of those pack real nice in a back pack, easy to see, and you can put a little relfective tape for night use.

12. Pike OH

Pike OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good idea on the flags.
    Well, loading everything up and headin out the door. Gonna be windy, but hopefully I'll check back in with my #1 target.
    Good luck everyone.

13. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I love it... it is a little heavy but I love the stability in the treestand. Hunting tonight can't wait.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

14. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

15. deer_predator

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went out yesterday afternoon for a sit... I had a little button buck come and bed within 15yds from my stand and wouldn't leave!.. LOL... Then I had a coon 5 ft the other side... I was treed by a deer and a coon!.. LOL...

The little chit got up once.. thought he was going to leave... Only to watch him take 2 steps and bed back down.. lol...

[​IMG]

16. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone heading out this weekend? We have an lame engagement party on Saturday - I might try to sneak out on Saturday morning.

But, what I am most excited about is next week. I have Tuesday - Sunday off work and the new moon will have the pre-rut rocking!

Let's get all our does down... oh and maybe a few bucks!

Good luck guys!
    Neal

17. deer_predator

Dislikes Received:
    I think I am gonna head out on Sat. Morning.... Hopefully that dink doesn't come back... Can't shoot him.. He is one of my future Booners :moose:

18. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    He is worth 50 points!!! :poke:

HAHAH - Good luck man!

19. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    Darn so close, but yet so far! Dang wind!

Oh boyz it was close tonight. My stand is on the corner of a soybean field, which was picked today, and had a 8/10 ptr come in and stop at 45 yds at 6 oclock tonight. Wind was at my back out of the east, but we usually get westerly winds. So I spot him coming in towards my corner, and stnd up get the bow up to shooting position. He stops at 45 yds broadside, sticks his nose up and looks in my direction. He starts doing that head bopping routine and sniffs the air again. He starts to take a few more steps and stops doing all over again. I'm like come on 5 more yds, only 5 more yds and a clear broad side shot.
    Then, nooooooo! he stopped walking, looksed behind him and then cut in towards the woods parallel to me. NOOOOOOOOOOO! come back, come back! Then a few minutes later a doe and a yearling come out and work their way out to middle of the bean field. I hung out till dark and watched them run off in a little bit.

It was very cool for my first deer sighting of the season.
    Back at it on thurs. I gonna move to another stand to the north of me, located about 25 yds in the woods where the deer came out tonight. If those beans had been there, that buck would've probably walked right under my stand.
    I have a small food plot, bout 3 in in height, at the edge of the bean field. I'm hoping that since the beans are gone, & soon the corn, they'll start hitting that.

Good luck to all! Maybe Thur I'll be posting BBD!

20. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hank...sounds like you were really close. It will happen!

I went out the other morning behind my house and spotted a real nice shooter walking away from me in the field. I could not get him to turn around to save my life. Then I put a stalk on two different does using my ghillie suit. One doe I stalked from 100 yards to 52 yards and a fawn busted me. Then getting back to my woods, I spotted a doe near my deer target. I was able to stalk her from 70 yards to 20. Actually had a few shot oppurtunities but I was shooting uphill and did not have a backstop.

Saturday morning I had a 6 pointer come witin 10 yards as I was sitting. Not a shooter though.

I will KILL a deer in my ghillie suit this year. Hoping its a big buck.