2 blade Rage or 2 blade Bloodrunner?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Long Beard Gobbler, Sep 19, 2010.

1. DropTine249

DropTine249 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never shot the BRs, but, I will say, that it seems as if the Rage heads are weaker now, than they used to be. A few seasons ago, I was able to shoot multiple deer with the same Rage head. Literally, I would clean it off with water and put it back in the quiver, if the blades were not bent.

Recent Rage heads I've bought seem to just blow apart. Again, I'm not looking for durability in a head, just one time perfection, but, they definitely are not a strong head. Rocky Mountain Snypers were MUCH better !!

2. BMoreCrazy

BMoreCrazy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot both and you make the decision. Dont just get one without trying the other. Test anything you may consider using. With archery products, testing them out is the best way to make a decision.

3. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ferrule strength was my issue on the Rage heads.

Washed off and reused? No sharpening?

4. rccordrey

rccordrey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    2 nd this

I just bought two packs for 19.99 from Bass Pro.

5. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a trip to KS in November, I shot the rage last year but am thinking about changing to a fixed blade because a trip across the country to hunt isn't cheap and I don't want to risk mechanical error on a big buck. I have read good things on the slick trick any suggestions?

6. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 2 blade Rage that i just started using this year. I was shooting a 100 gr. 3 blade fixed Thunder head and i decided that i would try the Rage. I shoot a buck with the Rage this last season and i couldnt belive it. 2+ in cut and the deer didnt go 30 yards. For me its finding the best broadhead to make the most ethical shot possible and the Rage has been working for me. Hope this helps!

7. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting the Slick Trick Magnums for two seasons with no complains.

8. octhereicome

octhereicome Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this is how i feel too
    i shoot the montec wich flys wonderfully
    slick tricks are great bhs and they dont break bank either =]

9. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing but NAP broadheads for me. I like most of them, specifically Spitfire Maxx.

10. NRUT 82

NRUT 82 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I could write a entire letter on how good I think the Rage two blade is and what it has done to the deer that i have shot, BUT that is just what i have found to work for me, biggest cutting swath and blood trail I have seen with a broadhead. But the truth is you need to use a broadhead that flies best out of your bow rather fixed or mechanical you dont have to shoot a broadhead that cuts a 10" hole in a deer if the arrow doesent fly straight and your shot placement is not right you cant compensate with a broadhead because it makes big holes. In some cases it does help when your shot is off by a small margine the bigger cutting diameter will make up for it. So if your bow shoots dead on with a muzzy then stick with a muzzy if your arrows are erratic with a fixed BH then try a Rage. Way too many critters have died at the hands of a muzzy shooter as well as a rage shooter. It boils down to FIXED or MECHANICAL, if you go mechanical go with the rage.

11. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sound is everything when it comes to your bow thats why we try to make it as quite and as fast as we can.
    I tried the blood runner and they whistle.
    I tried the meat seeker 3 (2") and they have terrible penitration.
    It's either the 2 blade rage or a fixed blade for me.
    But I have never had a rage fail on impact and the blood trails are sick but you don't need it cause the deer usually won't go more then 40 yards.
    (If you hit them right or even a little off.)

12. Hoytultrasport

Hoytultrasport Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the two blade bloodrunners. They fly stright hit hard and cut like crazy. I would have shoot the rage but I have heard for a few people that they didn't open up so that turned me off of them. But that's just me shoot what flies right out of your bow. It may not be a rage or blood runner it could be nitros from walmart nut the price and place you get them don't matter it where you put them and the price you pay for a bad shoot that matters. Good luck with broadheads

13. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up 6 NAP 2 blade Bloodrunners 100g today for my 60# Elite Hunter, $50 for 6 !!!

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  14. MichiganYoungBlood

MichiganYoungBlood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    - i know what ur sayin. i shoot the bloodrunner 2 blades and i love them. all my buddies shoot rage and i would too but they complain that sometimes they open in the quiver or they dont open up at all. im not knocking on rage, maybe they always work for some people, but i would get the bloodrunners.