I know it's early

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jan 8, 2010.

1. sticknstring1

sticknstring1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all!! This thread was a lonnnggg read....took me all #$#$2 night! Needless to say-I very much enjoyed it.... It is now 1 in the morning!
    If this thread is any indication of what camp will be like (minus all the pommies) I'm in!!
    Will-put this Texan on the list please. I'll be driving -can help out with the ride situation...got a megacab-diesel (can fit a few skinnies ). I'll pull a small trailer-with a 4 wheeler if needed?? Got my own tent,sleeping bag etc, etc-let me know if I can help with anything.... Looking forward to sharing camp with you all!

2. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome in stick , be great to meet ya at camp .

3. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey,

Stick is like a brother to me. He'll be a welcome addition,I promise! He's a fine woodsman and archer. Moreover, he's one of the "who's who in America" pastry chefs. Not only will he make up fat...he'll make us hAppY! Welcome aboard Tony!

4. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! Sounds like you UK boys flying in on the 16th might get the honor of riding in the back of a truck afterall, with an ex race car driver at the helm no-less!!!!

5. excelpoint

excelpoint Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cool. Be nice to meet you mate.

6. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I'm back out. Some of you may have seen my thread in the watercooler about losing a friend and co-worker. Well I have been offered a new position here at work. I am currently the electrical crew leader. My friend Robert was the HVAC crew leader. I have been offered an opportunity to become the Technical Crafts Supervisor, a postion that would combine my current responsibilities with those of Robert.
    I have a basic understanding of HVAC systems and the university will be sending me to a 2 week crash course in basic HVAC next month as a refresher. Its not intended for me to do any actual HVAC work but I need to know what I'm doing so I can make job assignments, order material, etc.
    I will be offered a salary later this morning. I have a 9:00 appointment with HR to negotiate a compensation package. I do pretty well with overtime and I'll miss that so while I don't want to overstep my worth I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either. But, I digress.
    I was so looking forward to the opportunity to meet some friends I feel as if I've known for a long while. Hunting elk would be good too! I'm sorry guys for having to back out again. Carie and I got the finances put together to make it happen and then this came up. I guess it just wasn't meant to be this year.

7. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    A man has got to do what a man has got to do. You will be missed this year, but we'll catch up with you down the road! Good luck with your appointment. Don't sell yourself short!

Warm regards,

Will

8. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, if you're going to be overseeing 2 departments now - you're going to need more vacation time:)
    You're in the drivers seat this morning...Good Luck!

...There will be more Elk camps...

9. txmarshmonkey

txmarshmonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man I was sure hoping you could make it, but I understand.
    Goood luck! I hope all is going well in the meeting.

Waid

10. Txjourneyman

Dislikes Received:
    Meeting is over and I am a saleried employee as of 8/23/10. I will be the Technical Crew Supervisor with 11 employees in my charge. That is up from the current 4. Salary is 7.5K higher than I was on track to make in hourly wages this year. And I get an extra week of vacation time, giving me a total of 22 vacation days, up from 15. Oh, I also get A LOT MORE RESPONSIBLITY AND HEADACHE!

11. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Atta Boy! That oughta make Momma happy:) Start planning for the next Elk Camp...

12. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Perfect! Good job Greg! Yep, next year amigo!

Waid, I need you to swing by Kanga's house (Russ) and pick up Dave's gear. Can you do that? Russ is in Dallas.

13. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Greg , great news about the new job opportunity , you will be missed at Camp , but Elk Camp will always be there and we can meet next time .

Would be much appreciated Waid

14. Txjourneyman

Dislikes Received:
    Waid and I e-mailed back and forth about this. he has Kanga's # to make plans.

15. txmarshmonkey

txmarshmonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll pick up the stuff but I can't quite guarantee any of you will ever see it. :evilgrin:

No problem Dave. Plus, I'll finally get to meet Russ.

16. sticknstring1

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer-was looking forward to meeting a fellow Texan! Grats on your new assignment!! In today's economy-that's great news. Another year, another camp :)

17. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    sticknstring...how about a little background to catch us all up:
    Compound or Traditional bow?
    Ever harvested an Elk?
    Just Elk on this trip...or trying for Bear/Deer tag also?

By the way...nice Dodge! (pics from the transportation thread)
    See ya in a few weeks...

18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Tony,

I was going to step in and tell everyone about the great hunts you and I have shared together. Then I thought.....Nah, that's Tony's parade. Have fun with it amigo!

19. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Although I was really looking forward to meeting you Greg a big congratulation's Is In order to you on the job promotion!!

20. sticknstring1

Dislikes Received:
    Bz-there is nothing in this world(besides family) that I'd rather be doing than pursuing game in God's country with the shared camaradie of friends. I am blessed with the privelage of hunting big game year round(the 32" free range axis in my avatar was a most recent harvest)-during the off season I hunt axis deer and wild hogs on a "very environment rich" working ranch. During season, I'm all about white tail....till Will calls! "Tony-we gotta go to...!" :)
    I hunt with a compound and am a blackpowder fanatic these days also. I have always wanted to try traditional-and am looking forward to sharing camp with such knowledge! I have never pursued elk before(hard to believe) but am ready and willing. I have hunted/ harvested mule deer(I got the bug baddd) and part of this trip is in part , to study the area, and them for a future go. I got onto this hunt a little late into the game...therefore elk tags are all that is availible to me. I am looking forward to sharing camp with Will-we always seem to cross paths every season(last year he & Danni hunted with us here in Texas, the year before -we shared camp in the Eastern Cape).

Cheers To All--I look forward to sharing "Camp Kill" with you!!! :)