Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Need some help, BSD

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Baba Yaga only aims for the face with 3" 410 I hum the nursery rhyme when I walk with my thumb on the hammer, I need no reason to kill I just do.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will strike down apon thee with furious anger and great vengance.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I told my wife this afternoon, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. The fool rodents thought they could chirp and call off the lawn, down by the bay, nope vermin you will be turtle food. I think I have killed all the young of the year, will not stop killing.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So this morning I was up with the sun was out on my patio with the dogs when a bastard red started barking at me. It was too early so the red was on Contential property at that time so no business. I went and set every trap I had even the tree rat trap that Buck and bears suggested. I started mowing and saw the red bastard go up the lone pine. I retrieved my weapon and spotted the enemy pulled back the hammer and chose to disable rather than kill, red hit the ground dragging his back half towards the wood pile, let the dogs finish him off. Baba Yaga shows no mercy you go where not welcome you will suffer in death.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I could have killed him with a pencil but the dogs need to kill too.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  6. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    our squirrel season opens this Tues., the 15th... I'll be out this fri or sat., need to decide scoped .22 or shotgun with 1 1/4 oz.s of 5's/ mod. choke ... I'll be checking stand locations, so I'm not being to serious, then I'll usually take the shotgun .. if I'm serious, the scoped .22 w/hp's .. this time out will be to cover ground and check stand locations, so shotgun is better for movers/spooked sql's...... the .22 is better for sneaking and head shots when calm and cutting acorns/walnuts or hickory ..

foxsquirrel3 (1).jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Baba Yaga saw movement loaded up to chase did a patrol saw nothing, before I left I looked back chipmunk made his last mistake the point is cleared of reds and chipmunks for now. Do not try to colonize I will kill you. War over for now.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I left the gray squirrels alone because they do not tunnel or bark at me. Turns out the ospreys have been hunting the yard, saw one fly off with a squirrel wish I got to see the kill but I will settle for seeing the dead squirrel flown away.

cantexian, The Old Man and JeffC like this.
  9. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Osprey took a squirrel?

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Sunday I watched him cruise the yard a couple times, I brought the dogs in to not interfere went thru the garage to bring the dogs in, by the time I got into the house he was flying away with a gray in his talons. Open yard ospreys moved in after the eagle nest failed.

11. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting.
    I've never seen an osprey targeting land critters.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Open meat in the middle of a yard I guess. Anything to keep the rodents uncomfortable.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A red bastard has shown his face but he has a hole in the neighbors tree on the property. It is a tweaker I am sure he has heard of my talents and abilities. I saw him by a scotch pine in my yard I dropped a little handful of peanut parts by the base, kinda like when the junk food fell off the truck in Red dawn. Enjoy the junk food red jihadist, come have some more tomorrow enjoy. This is a trap job, not gun play so I have time to be subtle.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well it did not take long, but I knew it based on intelligence and profiling the enemy, it did not take long for the red foe to reappear, surveillance was in place the target did not cheek and run the bait was consumed in the place it was placed. Target is known to be greedy when it comes to easy food. Time of deposit of bait was logged and time of target arriving as well. Step 2 will be deploying an unloaded trap but depositing bait near the trap with a slight addition of a chemical attractant. Step 3 Load the deployed trap day 3 load trap with chemical attractant and peanut parts inside trap and the threat will be removed, red jihadist you shall not attempt to settle the end of the peninsula.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    2nd target identified in area seems to be a conflict between the two factions. I will still provide aid to civilian birds at normal locations but based on the red conflict I may deploy baited traps earlier than original operational plan based on competition and greed, who gets to die first?

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Will not be an incident on the border of a sympathetic sovereign nation if they are trapped rather than shot, can not risk down range assets with gunplay and silent death is best tactic.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I may use an untrustable friendly asset to draw the red enemy early, the blue jay. Placement of aid and they call and the reds know it and will come increasing the odds of eliminating the entire invading population in a short span of time. 12 hours to 24 tops to eliminate.

18. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    775D9FBF-7274-4412-8E1D-EF9A0916689B.png After the coin you dropped on that Xbox you can add this to your arsenal. Whisper quiet. There are some accessories you’ll need but it’s worth it in the battle. 775D9FBF-7274-4412-8E1D-EF9A0916689B.png

cantexian, fletch920 and Sota like this.
  19. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    Pure fun to set a big trap with little or no pan tension
    :biggrin:

You will giggle when you see the red bastard resemble Marty Feldman.

cantexian, fletch920 and Sota like this.
  20. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I "know a guy" that has killed 7 reds in the last 10 days with a Gamo Whisper Silent Cat .177 shooting from a bathroom window. Apparently, the red enemy was establishing a bunker of sorts by eating a hole through the efis siding that had recently been painted at a cost of over $14k. So, as the story goes, the guy was really pissed off and is defending his home with any means necessary. Last I heard, it had been two days without a new sighting.

cantexian, JeffC, ash d and 2 others like this.