Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 12 - Poor Men South Of Portland

Discussion in '2023 Deer Contest' started by NebMo Hunter, Aug 28, 2023.

1. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    NICE, congrats! is that a mini split on the right G1? Very nice looking deer

2. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    tank alert
    literally in my in laws back yard

Attached Files:

C Ethridge, whitetailjunky3 and Wedes like this.
  3. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In 7 days I will be hunting. Pretty much from Tuesday afternoon- Sunday morning. All day sits bc after this I have only a little bit at Christmas time. I also have my Barbary sheep hunt but that will be with a rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck man congrats!

5. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    headed back to cabin tonight after the girls are done with their dance lessons. I have pretty high hopes for tomorrow morning.
    Tomorrow afternoon I'll be joined by my father in law, his brother and a family friend. I'll hunt until my wife is made enough for me to come home.
    Made a bag of candy I stole from my kids last night, stuff they don't like that I do, stand snacks!

6. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m back up hunting the rest of the weekend now and the cams have really been showing a lot of chasing, so I’m cautiously optimistic that something might make a mistake for me!

While looking through cards we noticed that our #1 buck looks like he got shot sometime within the last 10-14 days. He’s still moving around just fine, and I’m guessing he would make it through, just interesting for sure. If I can get a screen grab from the video I’ll try and post it.

Wedes likes this.
  7. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there P&YChaser. I saw lots of movement last weekend here in WI. I had the perfect scenario though, rain just ended, temps dropped from 60's to 30's, a north west wind. I saw 6 or 8 different bucks and had 3 shooters in range. One of the biggest ones I saw was following a fawn which I thought was interesting, he gave out a long grunt almost like a roar and continued to follow her slowly as she fed. Hope you guys all see some action here in the next couple weeks.

P&YChaser likes this.
  8. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That’s awesome dude. What was the official score on yours?

9. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While the activity has picked up a bit, still haven’t seen any of the big boys running around. Had 3 small big chasing a doe midday yesterday, but that’s the only buck activity I’ve seen so far. Plenty of time for that to change around though.

Here’s that picture of our #1 buck with the wound. In the video, it looks like someone took a hard quartering away shot as I can see what looks like a part of the arrow by the shoulder blade when he walks. Either that, or he really jumped the string and turned at the shot. But it sure doesn’t seem to be slowing him down at all as we’ve gotten multiple pics and vids of him since then. IMG_2510.jpeg

10. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    ive got this evening then tomorrow morning then im afraid im done until late season, everything says deer should be moving tonight just have to see of they received the script

P&YChaser likes this.
  11. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    im shocked at overall lack of everin the woods the last couple days
    this morning is everything youd describe for a perfect early November hunt, just no deer

P&YChaser likes this.
  12. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that’s crazy. Hope you get a shot at him

P&YChaser likes this.
  13. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I leave after work tomorrow for Missouri. I will stay the night in Tulsa. If it was me I would push but the kids are coming to see their opa and oma. I will be hunting by Tuesday afternoon! Finally after 2 years…

Blarney22 likes this.
  14. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Got my buck added to the scorecard. 135 3/8. The first time I scored him, I forgot a kicker on the base.I was also using a string and regular tape measure. Did a euro mount and got him properly measured with a flexible tape and got a more accurate score.

Almost shot a doe tonight and the night before but just didn't work out. Good luck to everyone out there, I saw 4 different bucks tonight still chasing. I'm guessing they will be locking down with does anytime now in my area. 20231105_212117.jpeg 20231028_103517.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

15. Mbcoyote

Mbcoyote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats blarney!!
    Quick update on my situation here in MB. Dont get me started on all the stupid **** we got going on by our Conservation department but one is no hunting with a bow during the muzzleloader season. Which is from oct 23 to nov 12 this year, or right about there. They use the weekends to determine seasons not actual year to year same dates. So long story short no bow hunting for me the past few weeks, one more week to go. Then I'm back after it with the bow.

Blarney22 and Wedes like this.
  16. Mbcoyote

Mbcoyote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like hes 4 years old or less by his head and body looks too! But would I pass, no!!. I shot a 3.5 y/o 165 gross 8×7 deer 3 years ago, didnt know he was that young till after I killed him. Best genetics I've ever seen personally on a deer. One of those that tops out north of 200 in 2 years or so. But I have 0 regrets and would do it 134 more times lol:)

17. Mbcoyote

Mbcoyote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One more thing blarney you need a score breakdown in the scorecard thread with your buck pics

MUDSHARK likes this.
  18. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks I got the score entry fixed and replied to Little Cheif. Should be sorted out shortly.

19. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    schedule kind of sucks, have to travel to Minneapolis for work on Monday, then have to travel to New Jersey to work the week after thanksgiving.
    Lots and lots of kid stuff going on so I think I'm done hunting until December. Honestly late season I'll probably be breaking out my crossbow - call me what you want, but its easier in the freezing temperatures after sitting for hours to shoot a crossbow than draw my compound.

20. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First sit in 2 years. Had 2 does come out at 430 feeding my way. Another doe came out being followed by a decent 8 pt. Really tall and narrow. He was limping. All 4 were at 80 yds when a real nice 8 pt came out. The 2 bucks squared up for a sec but the limping one backed down quickly. The one hit doe was then chased hard by the dominant 8 til dark. She drug him into range 2 times both behind some cover. I go back and forth if I should have trip to split the seam and send one but decided not to bc I didn’t want to wound him. Super fun first sit. Out all day tomorrow. Too warm for November

P&YChaser, Blarney22 and NebMo Hunter like this.