The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Might sound petty but here goes. My daughter's hs has kids mainly walking to school and parent drop off. Parent drop off lines aren't too bad....until several parents drop of their kids and they take forever. We are all waiting in line only to watch kids take literally 60 seconds to load up their backpack then another 20 seconds to chat with their parents before walking away from their cars. Dude....have your kids organized and ready! Every single morning I want to lay on the horn and yell out..."hurry up...be ready!"....but I never do.

ash d, cantexian and Sota like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Self awareness is a lost art.

wl704 and cantexian like this.
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No kidding because if a parent knows this and plans ahead to be early enough to be first in line they avoid this.
    I know my best time to teach the kids important life things was when they were trapped in the car with me, waiting in line . I've had the pleasure of this with the grandsons as well. It's amazing to see what sticks in those car encounters.
    One lesson is when well early your never rushed, late, and sometimes taken in early. Time taken to be early is never wasted time when used wisely and a great life habit to get into.

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's $hit like this that makes us look bad. They need to hit this guy with everything they can get to stick.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would beat the living heck out of him with the back leg of a deer.

Fix likes this.
  7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I would guess the deer are the only thing keeping that guy from killing a human.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The night before flying sucks, packing sucks, the traffic is going to suck, spring break airport traffic is going to suck, giddy children flying to Florida is going to suck. I will be in my seat with my preflight cocktail and my ear buds in before those giddy little ****s get on the plane.

Birdswacker and oldnotdead like this.
  9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    With the warning out about tranrevenge on April 1 and that Trans having 7 guns...do you think travel will be that heavy right now?

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Driving back not flying, handgun shipped UPS NDA early delivery. Shipping asked what was in the case that was in the box, the look on her face when I told her was kinda funny, high value so I get updates all the way to the compound, will be kinda fun when my Dad asks what I shipped down.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    oldnotdead likes this.
  11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    One time we had a stabbing in progress go out. I knew this neighborhood had only two ways to get out so I swoop down to the southern exit and see a truck flying out of the neighborhood with blood all over the side of it. I whip around get up behind it. Guy leads me up some long driveway and comes to stop, jumps out. I prone this guy and his buddy out. Blood all over them. Both drunk. Find out there was no stabbing but they had pulled knives on each other after they had gotten mad about processing a bunch of dead animals. I look in the bed of this guy's truck...this is spring time mind you. I see several deer, dozen of ducks, fish, and all kinds of other animals filling up the truck bed. Guy admits to poaching. I call the local game warden and tell them the guy I was arresting for dui, drug possession, an out of state warrant, he had just been released from federal prison for game fishing violations in MD, admitted to poaching dozens of animals. Game warden said he was busy and wouldn't come. Said he wasn't gonna follow up....I was utterly shocked. We were so busy and understaffed that day I had to let it go. Was not happy.

cantexian, Fix and Sota like this.
  12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously?! Ya well that's when you call a friend. Have them call the warden saying they witnessed all this and if he does not come out the next call, with pictures will be sent to every news station in the area.
    I would lie if asked to get these guys off the street in a heart beat., though I'd expect the cop to have taken pics for me to show.

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    It wasn't fun. But when you have 10 officers on the street in an area of 100k people, and within 1 hr of the beginning of the shift we have several officers with people in custody, we didnt have time to be waiting 2 hrs for a warden to show up as we hold the evidence. Have to way certain things. Sometimes it's a giant A ram.

oldnotdead likes this.
  14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I get your end of it...not a warden saying they would not come out on something that big.
    I made a call to ours on an issue they wouldn't come out. So I promptly called the neighboring county warden. Calmly explained the exchange between me and ours and the issue at hand. Well these guys had had similar calls from this county they had an officer here in a half hour to take care of the problem. I'm just not one to be OK with let's just say no's.

15. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The wife calls me at work...
    'All the lights on the dash board kit up on vehicle...daughter parked it in the street'
    OK...mentally I'm planning to get home and take it to the shop, tonight.
    Wife asks what we're doing tomorrow...I'm in working, and the reason I wanted to take vehicle to the ship tonight...
    'Oh, it won't start now. I didn't want u call you back at work...'

Wtf! If it can't start, I can't get it there...why didn't you call aaa or a wrecker?

Or tell me this an hr ago when I walked in the door?

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After breaking down on the way to the garage, but a few miles from the house, and after calling aaa to get the car to the garage, I get the rest of the vital information...vehicle was already in limp mode.

17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dealing with cars sucks sometimes. The next step in your car's adventure.

[​IMG]

18. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey my giddy little buddy loved his first flight to the Gulf. But he has manners! I haven’t flown on a plane since the 90’s. Things are different. Going to the beach today!

oldnotdead likes this.
  19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap ,and I bet those two guys did! They should have ran out to buy lottery tickets after that . They were having one lucky day!

cantexian likes this.
  20. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This happened to me last month with my wife's car. Ended up just being dead battery. The car was shutting it self down and just what power it had to keep it running. All the lights and warning signs were going off. She drove it to work and parked. When she got off work, it was dead. I thought it might be a battery. Now the problem. It poured rain all night and didn't want to tear a car apart in the pouring rain. Have to remove alot of plastic and braces to get battery out, about 45 minute job. So wait til morning. It's still raining, she parked on 3rd floor of parking garage, and my truck was to tall to drive in the parking garage. So I had to carry all my tools and new battery up 3 levels of stairs, no elevator on that side. Of course I forgot 1 tool in my truck and and had to run back down. Then carry old battery and tools back to truck when done. Luckily that fixed the car. Just to many electronics on cars these days.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Wop 75, Sota and virginiashadow like this.