The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    1 not in our neighborhood, though the HOA will eventually start to spam you with idle threats.

2 yes, the city water and sewer bill does include a storm water fee. Otoh, we don't have the honey wagon visit every few years, wells that run dry or water pumps needing replacement/maintenance.

3 yes it gets warm a few months and humidity a couple weeks...not as bad as central FL or Augusta GA. We do go from out home HVAc to our conditioned vehicles to our conditioned offices...

4 our HoA voted to allow sheds so long as they have a similar look as the home.

5 within a month of the registration...yup, I literally had a car inspected today.

6 5 minute drive to the light rail station for me, then a 30 minute ride to the office (well 1 block from my office). Usually it's 30-45 minutes to get to the other side of the city.

7 yup every city. Worse the politics, people not realizing bonds aren't free... And a contributor to why we bought land out in the country...will be an hr commute to work for my last few years before I retire...and we will still have warm temps. And we might see snow every year or two...

TJF likes this.
  2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exodus from lots of blue states especially to the coast and muni areas. Taxes are a lot better. Very friendly people. Good food. Pretty good weather most of the year, unless you're into winter sports...then it's a couple hr drive the mountains.

In my cul de sac, 2.5 families from NY ( my wife from GA who married me), 1 from California, 1 from Honduras, 1 from Mexico...1 house rented to college kids, 1 from South Korea, 1 from TX...quite the mix.

oldnotdead and ash d like this.
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't get far enough out into the boonies. If I won a mega lottery, my next nieghbors would be 2 miles away in every direction,at least!, some where in this country. Oh and no where near a fly way or train.(camp has the trains).

Yes, yes I'm anti social..lol

picman, JeffC and TJF like this.
  4. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I was kind of in shock when Shane was telling me all this. He just paid a $50 fine for tall grass because his boy travels the country with his job and didn't get it mowed in time. We get away with a lot of things living out in the middle of nowhere, but sooner or later our days will be numbered. Probably never to a big city extent but then I will have something else to rant about other than winter.

Shane's wife goes to visit their kids for a couple weeks in the winter. Much like you on here, she texts and send pictures of how nice the weather is there to rub it in. Unlike you, she has to come back to this. Then we get to rub it in. It is easy to amuse us.

5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Hhhhm going on 2 hrs. No electricity..starting to get a tad cool in the house with the winds howling and the sun going down, low 30's tonight.
    Should I laugh now? Because tomorrow I will hear...I'm getting a whole house getting generator. Mind you not as if we don't have the money. Like with a few things. Its some sorta tick I think. He's been saying the exact same thing for 25 years...lol
    There ya go it's back on...maybe, flicker......

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Were in the wacky weather season now. I got sunburned this afternoon playing pickleball...the morning started like this...[​IMG]
    Pea/marble sized hail...

TJF likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't like chocolate, tastes like dirt, my son is the same way.

8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I hate crows. The bastids ARE smart. They steal my pears just before they get ripe.

We had lost many pears one year and thought we had critters climbing and eating them. Then one day I got out of work early and when I pulled into the driveway, 6-7 crows were in the pear tree. Have seen them multiple times since.

This summer, the popup blind will be set up and I expect a few to hit the ground dead.

oldnotdead, cantexian and Sota like this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have any fruit trees., but when did i used plastic netting to go over the trees

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    America hitting new lows....wtf

upload_2023-3-27_13-21-20.png

11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    You can. More than likely blame Dems for that. I'll appologize if wrong but teen girl religiouse school, made sure two "assault type"rifles and a hand gun used. That girl clicked all the boxes
    religion, bad religious abortion haters, see how Bad rifles and hand guns are, bad religious anti kids transition people.
    Hhhmmm we'll see...
    BTY if it turns out I'm right. A deep dive needs To be done on her teachers. Then charges filed either criminal or civil on anyone that planted the seeds.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    No comment needed

20230327_165249.jpg

13. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Attached Files:

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I know but it was 50 yesterday and snow was mostly gone.

15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    There you go,.,28 but transgender and targeted with a manefesto.. .a planned attack

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Another 1081 of us without power again. No estimates on when we'll get it back

17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Powers back, that took long enough and starting to get real old. Though I have to say at least I had phone service. The Fed X drivers are ALL backing down. The drive way now...lol

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So my therapy sessions are like going to the spa, I love the electro shock therapy and deep tissue massage, hurts so good. Today I show up for my hour and a half of treatment bliss and my wife is there getting treated, there went my serenity now time. She talks so much crap, I just say who is paying for it? No big feelings, I am right.

19. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to cancel DISH. Their website got hacked but it is up and going now. We spent the last 2 evenings trying to get through to cancel. Either we are on hold for hours or when they finally do answer, they need to transfer us because they can't do it. It's not their department. No problem taking your money. No problem signing up new customers. We want to cancel... problem. @ssholes!!!!!!

ash d, Sota, cantexian and 2 others like this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Cancel payments