Killer Instinct

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by C Ethridge, Aug 10, 2022.

1. C Ethridge

C Ethridge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see much on here about Killer Instinct Crossbows but I'm here to say I believe in them. For the price and reliability I don't think you can beat them. I have a 350 fps KI and there is a pile of meat in my freezer that screams the fact that it works. I am a regular hunter and KI does not even know that I exist.. I plan to smackem down this year again with it. I will take that other 1-2K that others are spending on other CBs and buy gas !

Now if I had that kind of money would I probably own a 1o point or a Raven ? Yes sir ! Both great CBs but in the end I would still shoot the KI because it is proven and proof is in the freezer and gas is in the tank.

C Ethridge
    Alabama

2. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the KI360. It has put down a few deer.

C Ethridge likes this.
  3. hillbillydale77

hillbillydale77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a KI lethal 405 I’m in the KI group on Facebook and the people on there are trying to get me to build my bolts to make them heavier and I won’t do it because if KI wanted to build a slow crossbow they would have built a slow crossbow they built a fast crossbow and that’s the way I’m going to keep it they didn’t build it to be altered that the people are doing that is a good way to screw up a perfectly good crossbow if they would just keep it waxed and lubed they wouldn’t have the limbs cracking when they shoot their crossbow the bolt is lagging down the rail if they would lube it the bolt would glide down the rail and it wouldn’t have cracked limbs because all that does is cause the cables to snap forward and that causes the limbs to snap forward and also crack I tried to tell them that but they didn’t want to hear my opinion they just said I didn’t know what I was talking about I shot bow competition for over 20 years crossbow and compound bow and plus I worked in a bow shop that was part of the competition circuit and the customers that would come in there just for me to work on their crossbow or compound bows they said that I was one of the best bow technician that they ever seen when I worked on crossbows I would tune them without shooting them I would do it by the cables and I would get it just right they wouldn’t have a bit of trouble out of them they would keep coming back for me to work on them they wouldn’t let anybody else mess with them they would say that the other technicians didn’t know what they were doing

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

BowHunt43 likes this.
  4. hillbillydale77

hillbillydale77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had any trouble out of there KI I haven’t I have shot over 300 bolts threw mine and it is still going strong

5. C Ethridge

Dislikes Received:
    No sir ! My KI 350 is still going strong and put another buck in the dirt in Missouri this week

6. C Ethridge

Dislikes Received:
    3BA2ED4A-7E32-4EFD-A5E7-223D9C1AFA32.jpeg

packinaglock likes this.
  7. BowHunt43

BowHunt43 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    KI is best xbow in that price range. Definitely better then Barnett.

8. C Ethridge

Dislikes Received:
    I love my KI crossbow but one thing to note and be careful with is the bolts you get when you buy the crossbow are too lite. They use the liter bolt to get the bolt speed up and when they do this shooting too lite of a bolt can cause the limbs to crack. Go up a little on bolt weight and you will be fine and hammer down some deer and not have a fortune invested. The crossbow is solid. Stay away from their adjustable stocks though. Have had several brake where the clamp screws are. I have friends that tell me KI uses a standard AR type rail so you can get an any AR style adjustable butt stock and put on it and it solves the problem. With me I just suggest sticking with the KI with the non adjust solid stock and it will work fine for many years.

9. FroMan

FroMan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Lethal 305 had the split-limb issues. It took a little bit to get a response from the company after the limbs splintering. After disassembling my crossbow and paying the shipping to get it to them, they did replace it and get it back to me in about 1 week.

I do like the bow, if the limbs don't splinter.

10. C Ethridge

Dislikes Received:
    Did you go up on your bolt weight ? When KI wants that extra speed they lighten the bolt weight and the limbs can flex too much and over time they can crack. Go up to a little heavier weight bolt and your limbs should be fine. You’re not gonna loose that much speed. My 350 has killed plenty.

11. FroMan

FroMan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't. I saw the suggestion up above. All I've shot out of it are the bolts KI sent with the crossbow. I probably had 40-50 shots through it when the right one splintered.

12. C Ethridge

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, but I just want to make sure you understand that the ones KI are giving you with that crossbow may be too light. Going up on bolt size may save you from cracking limbs not hurt them. Good luck and hope to have alot of good hunts with it. I sure have enjoyed mine !

13. packinaglock

packinaglock Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just the guy I’d like to ask, maybe you can tell me what I’m doing wrong? I just recently (about two weeks ago) started getting into crossbows. I bought a Barnett Hyper Whitetail 410. The other day I noticed one of the limbs was starting to delaminate after only maybe 12-15 bolts shot through it. I figure I’ll have to contact Barnett and see about purchasing a new limb for it as I’ve looked everywhere for the receipt and can’t find it. So I bought a killer Instinct Bone collector 415 about a week later. One because I figured I could shoot it until I got the Barnett fixed and two because I found the Barnett takes special bolts plus later one I could let my grandson use it. Well tonight I noticed a limb cracking on it. I’ve been lubing the rails and all so I’m kind of puzzled as to why I’m having such crappy luck. BTW I do have the receipt for the Killer Instinct. Are those 415’s just too fast and too risky? Would you recommend sticking wit the low 3** something speeds? I know quite a bit about guns but virtually nothing about Crossbows. Thanks for any help on what I’m doing wrong.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023