warning to all

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by hunterace, Feb 11, 2010.

1. hunterace

hunterace Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this is a warning to all bowhunting.com members...
    do not do business or trust .... buckhunter1988, real name steven glass(unless he lied about his name too)
    buckhunter1988 contacted me 1-10-10 and requested i make him a quiver. we talked back and forth many times so i knew exactly what he wanted before i began the project. i spent a bunch of my own money(should say my wife's money, i'm unemployed do to a disability) and 2 weeks of my time making the quiver to his exact request. when it came time for him to send me the money, he started to ignore my pm's, that was on 2-01-10, his last pm to me was 2-02-10 which stated he was going to be home that day and send the money out. since then i've contacted him a bunch of times and he has ignored my pm's. he has signed onto the site so it's not like his computer is broke. had he given me any kind of reply maybe we could have figured something out but he has decided to just ignore me and screw me over.
    DO NOT TRUST OR DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!

2. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is the wrong way to handle these types of problems.

3. hunterace

Dislikes Received:
    i spoke with the admin and he was perfectly fine with this, do you have a better way???

4. brucelanthier

Dislikes Received:
    Besides asking for a deposit before starting work on commision I likely would give it more time before trying to shame someone into paying me.

I have had two incidents similar to this. The first I agreed to buy a piece of equipment, the guy sent me his address (and equipment) and I sent the check. Didn't hear from him for a few days and then the check came back. Sent him a PM that he didn't answer for a couple of days but, once he did, we discovered he sent me an incomplete address. Sent the check to the correct address, all is good.

Another time I sent a guy some equipment that he could try and then pay me or just send the equipment back. He didn't use the equipment so he was supposed to send it back. I sent him a few reminders over the course of a couple of months sometimes he would answerwithin days, sometimes longer but he had some personal issues going on that delayed his sending the equipment back. He visited the forums fairly regularly but I imagine he had more important things on his mind and perhaps stopped in here just to escape the other issues for a moment. It all eventually worked out but patience was the key.

You could also try and sell the quiver here, and elsewhere, to try and recoup your costs while still trying to work with this guy. I think it is highly unlikely that he commissioned this work with the idea of ignoring you once it was finished but, now that you have smeared him on the forums, I doubt he will be backot try to resolve this with you.

Patience and understanding may not be the better way here but I would have employed more of both.

5. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't know all the details, but I'm on the fence on this one. I bought a bow from a guy who didn't mail it until almost 2 wks later, after I started a paypal resolution dispute on him. Part of why I like paypal is that if someone screws around, paypal will freeze their account until they make right. That being said, I don't blame you too much Hunterace, if the guy has been here, and isn't responding, there's a reason, and I'm sure he didn't suddenly develop amnesia and forget he'd pm'd you and had you specifically make up something for him!!!

6. hunterace

Dislikes Received:
    i understand that patience is needed. however i gave him warning i would do this if he didn't pm me with what's going on by wednesday, yesterday. he signed on here 3-4 times since last monday and didn't respond to anything. had he responded with some excuse or asking for more time to pay, whatever, i would have been more understanding. however being unemployed and spending money my wife and i could have used, is now gone because he decided to ignore me because he changed his mind or whatever. i'm not an a$$hole who jumps at the first whim to say something bad about someone, however you ignore me and give no explanation to me, that shows you don't care. i just don't ewant this to happen to anyone else. i also spoke to the admins about this and they gave me the ok, so i didn't just go and post this as soon as i didn't get paid, i gave him ample time and oppertunity, and a warning and he gave me nothing, this is all i had left

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Real simple--make the product, the guy agrees to pruchase it. He doesn't follow through. How hard is it to pick up the phone or write a PM explaining yourself to the guy making the product for you? It isn't, so I completely understand hunterace's concerns.

8. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Post a pic...good chance of selling it on here!

9. mnbowhunter

mnbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, It must be a real nice quiver, im sure you will have no problem getting rid of it.

10. hunterace

Dislikes Received:
    i burnt his name into it, i'd have to do alot of work to take it apart, buy more leather to replace the piece i burnt onto. thanks for the advice everyone, i may do it some day but not anytime soon, mabey if i ever get a job and have some money :)

11. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally see nothing wrong with the post. There are many websites out there that have specific forums for exactly this.

12. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There isn't anything wrong with this post at all. If a man gives you his word that he will pay you for something that you are making for him, especially somethings that involves you spending your own money on. Than that guy has to pay you. I would personally trust every member on this site to follow through with a situation like this until given a reason not to.

13. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the gig is up and he's flown the coup. Sorry you got burned Ace.

14. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wonder if he'll try to come back with an alt name with the same IP.:cool:

15. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    He hasn't yet. ;)

16. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Good to know there is a trusty sheriff in town.:):p Good work Dan.

17. tschammel

tschammel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bruelanthier,

I don't think he was asking for your opinion on if it was right or not to post this info. Get of your pedestal. Who are you to tell him that was not the way to handle it. He was simply trying to save someone else from waisting there time. Hunterace thanks for the info.

18. brucelanthier

Dislikes Received:
    Impressive post.

19. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. No way I would spend my own money on materials. In the future I'd get a written contract or money up front.

20. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    need info

Hunterace how much are you asking for the quiver and how much would it be to change the leather and put someone elses name on it?