Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fantastic!!

Shocker99 likes this.
  2. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    No she is having a rough start. Lol. I'm just dreaming.

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mega millions is back up to 400m...

cantexian and virginiashadow like this.
  4. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mega Millions. Lotsa daydreams for $2.

wl704 and virginiashadow like this.
  5. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I'd rather spend that $2 on a couple cups of coffee.

6. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Listening to the chatter and laughter of the grand kids putting together a zigs saw puzzle on a Saturday night with GMA. No TV ... no ipad or smart phones...just the local radio station playing Christmas music in the back ground.

MUDSHARK, Fix, virginiashadow and 5 others like this.
  7. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Where you getting a cup of joe for a buck?

I live in the sticks and cant get one for that price.

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is awesome. My mom gets all the grandkids together to bake Christmas cookies every year. Same thing, no tech or tv. Just Christmas music and flour everywhere

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When relatives call and want to curse you and you finally get to unload on their ignorant white trash azz. They disrespected a close family member in a big way I told them last summer I did not want to see them at another family gathering and I won't.

Birdswacker likes this.
  10. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    It Was and better on some parts! Doubled the sign on bonus and gave me extra week pto. They definitely know how to make it an easy decision for me.

virginiashadow, MUDSHARK, TJF and 8 others like this.
  11. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    virginiashadow, Mod-it and Sota like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been another long week. I have decided I am going to be a slug this weekend, it is going to be cold and windy. I have a big tub of top the tater a 3 pack of old dutch ripple chips. I am going to sit on the couch and watch football Saturday, Sunday and Monday. At least my kid was not swallowed by a hippo this week.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My son got incredibly lucky this morning. He is working on a new hospital in Hudson and he was driving on 94 east to a meeting. Guy did not see him and pulled into my sons jeep. He hit the inside cement barrier then spun acrost 3 lanes of freeway. Thank god his slightly lifted jeep stayed upright and nobody else hit him. He was uninjured other than the airbag bruising and from his seat belt. Jeep totaled, fairly certain.

virginiashadow likes this.
  14. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had to laugh at the wife today. They called a guy up from back to help me load the new snow blower in my truck. The young guy looked like a brute. Easy 6'4" and arms like Pop-eye. Wife is watching as we grab it and put it in the truck. He is struggling to get his side up high enough to slide it in. We get it loaded. When the wife and I get in the truck to leave, I asked her... " Who's the man?? ". She rolls her eyes and laughs.

We get home and she goes in the house. I am in a rush so I hulk the new blower out of the truck. She comes running out of the house. Wants to know how I got it out of the truck. I smile and say, " who's the man?? ". She rolls her eyes and says, " This explains why you have multiple hernias!! ". I laugh... she doesn't.

She stomps back into the house. I fire up the old snow blower, grab my 4-wheeler ramps and walk the old blower up and in the back of the truck. She comes running out of the house. How did you get the old blower in the truck?? She is super p!ssed off now. I decided who's the man now wasn't the right answer. I drop the end gate and say, " I used my ramps ". Now go get your sh!t and get in the truck!! We have your horse to go take care of. ". She smiles.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Frankie MacDonald's severe weather forcast.

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  16. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Having every gift wrapped a week before Christmas. Every wall washed all cabinets washed with new liners. Menue set for Christmas eve when the kids come over.
    What is on your Christmas menue
    We have the usual cheeses, crackers , dips, poppers, assorted home made pickles and olives, sausages and shrimp and French onion soup to start. Then dinner is Ham this year. With mashed taters, butternut squash, tossed salad for me, broccoli, green beans, .mac and cheese. A pie and homemade ice creams. Now that is a ton of food and there will be a ton of left overs. That said, several very picky eaters and I'm keto so it's trying to get something for every one. Plus some of this is " This is what I'll bring"...OK..lol
    Lots of stuff leftover is packed and sent home with others and we always make up a couple of big plates for a couple of elder shut ins the kids deliver.

I hope you all have a very safe and wonderful Christmas with friends and family. Making great new memories and carrying on or making new traditions. God Bless

17. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to see in this day and age that some people still have a sense of humor.

I've been the wife's Uber driver since I am on vacation and the roads/weather has been so crappy. I've been driving her to work and driving in to pick her up when she gets done. She needed me to stop at the vet's to pick up medicine for our one cat when I picked her up tonight. She walks in to get it. A guy in his mid 30's comes walking out with his dog. The dog seemed pretty old and for some reason wanted to go to my truck ( Ford ). He pulls on her leash and says our truck is over here ( Chevy ). He opens the door, unleashes her and tells her to get in the truck. She makes a run for my truck. He hollers at her. I roll my window all the way down and holler at him. Hey you can't blame her, I would want to leave in a Ford too!! He looks at me and then looks back his truck. Turns back to me with a big grin on his face. He hollers back at me that the dog is 13 years old and now seems to be apparently senile. We both laugh!!

He puts the dog in his truck than walks back into the vet's. Nice guy even holds the door open for my wife as she is coming out. She gets in my truck and says the guy mutter something about a ford when she walked by him. I am grinning. She looks at me and says, " what did you say to him?? " I am like... :confused:. Barbie says BULLSH!T, what did you say to him ??

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    oldnotdead, JeffC, MUDSHARK and 3 others like this.
  18. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    My younger brother and I used to play this tape and specific song on the way to high school....like every day for a year.

19. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Westfinger, MUDSHARK, JeffC and 4 others like this.
  20. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Love eating cottontails.

MUDSHARK, Shocker99 and Suncrest08 like this.