Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Daughter got her first college bball minutes last night. Drove hard to the basket and got fouled. Hit a free throw! Haha. I felt so happy for her.

fletch920, JeffC, Mod-it and 5 others like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got a text last night to see if we were interested in having the boys spend the night, took a few seconds to reply yes. I don't think it will ever get old we would cancel plans to spend time with them.

fletch920, picman, TJF and 2 others like this.
  3. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing makes your heart smile quite as much as your grand kids...

Sota likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When Landon sees me and comes running to give me a hug, it makes the world go away.

fletch920, TJF, picman and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are a beam of light in a sea darkness brother!

I cherish those moments more and more as my own mortality seems to be gaining ground fast.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very true, I am trying to be an active Grandpa where we have stuff to do and projects when he is over. He loves doing projects he is a farm kid doing chores is his play. Saturday we will work on the sledding run have to cover the rocks by the shore with snow and ice it down.

JeffC, cantexian and Bone Head Hunter like this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Could have been a rant. Yesterday on the way home my fuel light goes on. I was 25 miles from home have about a 50 mile range when the light comes on. I go out and start the truck this morning to warm up. I get in the truck get to town pull up to the pump go to put it in park and the truck died, out of gas. I would have been incredibly pissed off at myself.

TJF and fletch920 like this.
  8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like there is hope for me yet. Who knew that grandchildren could turn a crusty old curmudgeon into a softy. My kids better get busy! :evilgrin:

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes my grandsons have made me 10 ply soft.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter is going to be pissed at me but tomorrow morning I am taking Landon to the farm toy expo in Freeport tomorrow. There is zero shot that we leave without a few new toys. I got the look from her today because I bought bags of sand to put in his wading pool so he has a winter sand box in the garage this winter.

TJF likes this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What a weekend, the boys came over for lunch, everything was going well it was too cold to spend much time outside. After supper we were playing with hot wheels in the loft when Landon said I have to go poop, my wife was headed down to change Mason so I hustled to the bathroom with him. He has had a belly ache lately and I pulled down his pants and put him on the toilet seat at the same time. He had crapped his pants and it was down his legs and getting all over the toilet seat. I gave it my best shot trying to clean up when it happened. I do not do well with kid crap and dog crap I puked it came on fast I puked on the wall on the way to the sink. My wife came back up I can not explain the look on her face. I tag off and take Mason downstairs to change and prep him for bed, He had a near break out crappy diaper, I steeled myself ( and did not have anything left to puke) Mason has a rash in his swim suite area and evidently it itches. I am trying to clean him up and keep his hands out of there, turns out it took two of us to complete that diaper change. Got the boys to bed and said what a **** show.

This morning Landon and I are sitting on the couch watching cartoons when I see the otter out swimming on the edge of the ice fishing. I pointed it out to Landon and we were watching when the otter drug a fish up on the ice and we watched him eat it, was so cool I have never seen the otter do that. He caught 4 fish and we watched him eat them on the ice. Last fish he is about half done when a bald eagle swooped in the otter dropped the fish and dove and the eagle took what was left of the fish. It was so cool to watch.

My daughter said Landon would have a melt down at the farm toy expo. We talked about it this morning about being good and if he was bad we would leave. He was perfect he picked out an IH tractor with a cab it was like the old one at the farm. We went thru all the rows and he liked a big round bailer and a hay elevator. While Kristi was strapping the kids in the car seats I went back in and bought those for Christmas.

12. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You’re a good grandpa!!

Bone Head Hunter and Sota like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had a friend just call me he was at a sportmans warehouse they had 410 shells even in 3" he grabbed a box for me.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is something I did not have to assemble or put batteries in.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    15 people on thanksgiving, enjoy providing the feast and facility.

Even better cancellations because of illness dropped 5 off the guest list today.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Son inlaw has had better results feeding cattle hay instead of pasture. Putting in food plots again. Back in business hopefully.

17. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The wife. Called her yesterday when she got done with work. Told her we had a deer to cut up. She is great at running a knife !!! Boss shot a really nice buck during rifle season last Saturday. Wife says not her problem. She is going to see her horse and then go home. I told her that in the verbal contract of her keeping her horse at the boss's farm, she had to help cut up his deer. She laughed. She said we need to get the contract in writing so Shane and I can't be changing it all the time for our benefit. :tu: We had a pretty good time cutting up the deer. Lots of laughs.

Sota likes this.
  18. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought long and hard about where to put this. I'm taking my daughter's first and favorite dog and my best buddy in to be put to sleep today. He is 15 and been in very rough shape for a while now. I decided on this thread because he gave me 15 of the best years I have ever had. He will be missed. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So sorry for your loss, Fix… ️and to you and your family

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Fix likes this.
  20. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All the years they give us, no matter how short, are just...precious. sorry to hear, man.

JeffC, Sota and Fix like this.