Team 10 - The Perfect 10

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by airenlow, Aug 28, 2022.

1. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did try with no arrow still makes noise. I put a little bit of air tool lube on slide didn’t help. Hopefully going to take to archery shop this week. The bow is 12 years old. Don’t wanna really spend the money on a new one. Plus all the shops around here don’t care that many left handed bows

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Shocker99 likes this.
  2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A micro drop of that air tool lube on the cam bearings might help too

3. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever owned a bow tech. Stopped at a shop after work. That thing was dang smooth

4. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My last 2 bows have been BowTech. Carbon Knight and a Boss. I love them!

5. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    What is the craziest thing that ever happened to you while hunting. I had an owl land on my hand and leave scratch on my hand. Scared the hell out of me.

Brad Kaufmann likes this.
  6. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Once I was sitting on the ground and I had a possum walk up to me and it started sniffing and licking my boots. Another time a good sized raccoon climbed up my tree. It was climbing up the back side of the tree. It gets up above me and comes around where I'm at and he turns around so he's face down looking at me about one foot over my head. I've had several birds land on me. Had a squirrel about 6 inches from mt face once. One time a huge red tailed hawk landed on a branch about a foot or so away from me. The worst thing is I climbed into one of my old stand and something snapped and down I went 25 feet. Ended up having my sacrum split in half amongst some other less minor injuries. Yes, I was crazy and went back out and hunted about a week later with a fractured sacrum. Try sitting on a metal tree stand in 20 degree weather with a fractured sacrum. I did shoot a buck that morning, lol. Worse yet though, try dragging a 250 pound buck with a fractured sacrum, man was that ever painful.

Shocker99 and airenlow like this.
  7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a squirrel try to jump on to my stabilizer a couple of years ago. I guess he thought it was a branch. Slipped right off and fell to the ground, I was really surprised when it got up and ran up the tree next to me. Fortunately, I saw it coming and was able to grab my bow.

Shocker99 likes this.
  8. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    I watched a pack of yotes orchestrate a drive. They had 3 sitters down on the creek and sent 2 up to the ridge top. The 2 started walking slowly down hill, through a cedar thicket, trying to push fawns(?) down to the sitters. They were unsuccessful, so they tried it 2 more times. Also, one of the sitters only had 3 legs.

Brian Walters and Shocker99 like this.
  9. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    I apparently thought it was a good idea to get a shot in each arm...the day before bow season. WTF!?!

Shocker99 likes this.
  10. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    One time at the end of an evening hunt, I was sitting in the stand with my bow on my lap. All of a sudden something catches my eye and lands on my bow. My first reaction was to flinch and kind of shake my bow to get it off. Turned out to be a flying squirrel, and it jumped off my bow and landed on the tree below me. Scared the crap outta me!

Shocker99, airenlow and cantexian like this.
  11. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck if you are this morning! Arkansas opens today but I am not getting out. My oldest has a football game this morning and the high is 95 today, coaching my middle son’s flag football game tomorrow.

Next Saturday is a bye week and the forecast is a high in the 70s. Get after it then.

12. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    A couple crazy/cool hunts that ill never forget. One was where i knew i had to het to a spot super early to beat this buck back to his bed. I got there in the dark well before shooting time. It was pitch black and quiet like hear a mouse fart quiet. I started to doze off and was woken up by what sounded like 2 Tazmanian devils from hell. It was 2 big bull coons fighting to the death in the big tree i was in. Fight mustve went on for 5 min straight. They fell to the ground a couple times and didnt miss a beat. The noises that came from those coons sounded like hell hounds.
    I had a squirrel jump on my head. If i wouldnt have been tied in i would have taken a 20’ fall haha.

One time i was watching a huge flock of fall turkeys. They were feeding and scratching all around in front of me. I stood super still and watched them for awhile knowing how good their eyes were and if i moved they would bust. Then i saw it. A huge deadfall out in front with two tiny furry triangles that popped up behind it. It was a bobcat stalking the turkeys. The ears would disappear and pop back up a few feet further down the tree. That bobcat got really close but too many turkey eyes. The whole flock exploded and flew away. Then the bobcat jumped on top the log and sunbathed for about an hour. Guess it was sulking.
    I love the woods.

Brad Kaufmann likes this.
  13. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Today is the first opening day morning I haven't been in a tree stand since 1998. I'm here in Ohio spending time with family but man do I ever have that itch to be out there. Good luck to everyone that might be out there on opening day today!!!!!

Shocker99 likes this.
  14. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not out today. I did some farm chores for one of my property owners and now I'm hanging out with the family. Getting brownie points for later in the season...

Shawn Clark likes this.
  15. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    Went to the pro shop today. They couldn’t find where the sound was coming from so I ended buying a Bowtech Realm. I am pumped. Good luck to who is out this weekend hunting.

Shocker99 and airenlow like this.
  16. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    I read this to my wife and told her my bow just started squeaking. She didn't go for it...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  17. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    Hahah. I don’t think my wife very excited either. But it was time for an upgrade. Had that bow for 12 years.

Shocker99 likes this.
  18. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    Hahah. I don’t think my wife very excited either. But it was time for an upgrade. Had that bow for 12 years.

19. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I dont think ill make it either on Oct 1st. I think ill have to work then i have a wedding that night. My wife is in the wedding. Dont think im getting out of it even if i could get out of work :sad:

20. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Future stud, solid 3 year old. Dad went and sat at our 4 acre plot yesterday evening just to see how many deer were coming to it. Total of 26 deer came out to feed all evening.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk