Team 10 - The Perfect 10

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by airenlow, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got couple trails cleaned out in the bottoms. They logged 2 yrs ago so its a mess and THICK. Good for deer but hard to navigate. Also hung 3 cams and checked on plots we planted last week. Looking good. Have a giant set if prints in our back corner plot. Hopefully its the one from last year i almost got a shot at. 4 fingers wide. Very round toenails too. Never seen big buck prints with this round of toes. 089F0263-9705-46C2-9819-B91023813028.jpeg

airenlow likes this.
  2. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    And no this track is not backwards lol

Brad Kaufmann likes this.
  3. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are making me stir crazy, hanging stands, checking cams, didn't realize how much I miss the pre season prep.

Shocker99 likes this.
  4. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I have some years that i get gung ho and others not so much. This is a good year. We got a bunch of stands hung and a few plots in on 205 acre chunk we hunt a few miles from home. This spot holds does. Big bucks are in the area but gotta catch them cruising through. We always get pics of stud bucks mid October coming in to check things out. Then again around Thanksgiving but always night time. This spot we dont hunt all that often we mainly hit public which we did a bunch of scouting this last winter. So yea im pumped this season and have a good feeling. Hope i drop a couple nice ones at least as big as my buck last year.

Shawn Clark likes this.
  5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Spent a little time working my
    Pole in my saddle this fine Saturday evening…. I have a telphone pole in my front yard that I hang off of to practice. It gives about a 30 yard shot. With the downhill slope I am up about 14 feet above my target while only getting two feet off the ground.

airenlow and Shocker99 like this.
  6. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    What saddle do you have?

Shawn Clark likes this.
  7. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got the cell cam and another blind set up at my main property. I should be done with prep work there now.

I still have a cam and blind for my backup property, but it's on my way to work, so I can stop whenever.

We're getting close boys!

Shocker99 likes this.
  8. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Aerohunter Kestrel, only saddle I have owned. I decided when I got into saddle hunting to go with a company that had been in business for 30 years rather than a start up.

Shocker99 likes this.
  9. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Ive heard good things about them from holt. I went with tethrd and i am pleased but the latitude has peaked my interest with that double panel design and high ratings. The tethrd is great but slightly uncomfortable on longer sits

10. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    i found the Aerohunter to be much more comfortable than anything from Tethrd.

Shocker99 likes this.
  11. Brian Walters

Brian Walters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A couple decent Northeast Wisconsin bucks on our property… IMG_4534.jpg IMG_5856.jpg T_00002.jpg Two Eights.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Shocker99, cantexian and airenlow like this.
  12. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It’s a nice chilly morning today. Getting pumped for season.

Shocker99, airenlow and Shawn Clark like this.
  13. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yea. Low 50’s here this AM. Im ready. Looks like its going to get warmer until next weekend but it wont be long. Some Beans are just starting to yellow and theres a lighter tinge in the trees.

Shawn Clark likes this.
  14. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My food plot is starting to sprout. I'm not planning to hunt over it, just hoping to keep some deer in my vicinity throughout the season. My cams have been a flop, other than several dogs. No bucks on camera yet. Got my stands checked and prepped, other than one buddy stand. Got chased off there by hornets. Never did see a nest, I'll go back later prepped to go scorched earth on the little suckers.

15. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Got out on Saturday to our lease a couple hours away to hang another stand and do some final scouting before opening weekend. Don't think we had a single daytime buck photo in all of August out there, but that's no worry for us. Just want to get at least a doe or decent buck down in the first 2 weekends before we start hunting some of our better stands on this place. On the other hand, my local spot has had a decent amount of daytime activity from a couple bucks. One really nice 3 year old (no velvet buck) and another buck that has me stumped for his age. MicrosoftTeams-image (53).jpg MicrosoftTeams-image (59).jpg

16. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Are you saying the bottom buck is 3 and unsure about the top buck? My first thought was top buck is old and on the decline, bottom is 3.

17. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The buck that's already shed his velvet is 100% 3 years old. Had him all over the property last year as a 2 year old 8-pointer.

The other buck however, I can't tell until I get some more pics. I was also thinking he's a 3-year old, but I had pictures of a buck similar (attached below) to him last year with the wider frame, short G2's, and bigger G3's than G2's that definitely looked mature. He was a bit busted up last year, bu if it is the same buck, his rack is starting to decline. 2022-09-13 11_29_00-.png 2022-09-13 11_29_14-.png

airenlow and buckeyehntr5 like this.
  18. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    @Brad Kaufmann I'm with you on the hard antler buck being a 3yr old, Velvet buck is definitely mature, 4-5+ and looks to be the same buck as the snow pics. Crab claws and frame looks to be the same. He just has that older face, thicker snout look to him. More solid body also with his chest and rear end close to the same size.

airenlow likes this.
  19. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Thinking of taking new job. Big pay hit but time off is great and benefits are awesome. Its a 5-4 / 4-5 schedule. So you work 5 then off 4 then work 4 off 5. It does rotate every 3 mo to midnights though so idk about it. The boss at home isn’t liking the huge loss of pay

20. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shocker you can’t take your money when you die. Might as well be happy. Will it benefit in the long run

Shocker99 likes this.