Music

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by dnoodles, Jan 6, 2022.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap, I saw P-man5k, Static-X, Incubus, and Korn all together in like 99 or 00. Probably why I can't hear for crap anymore. I also remember this- I was sick as a dog before that show. Almost didn't go. Fever, chills, wracking cough- about halfway through Incubus, my fever broke, I gushed sweat from every pore (was instantly drenched) and I felt great from that moment on.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  2. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    One of the greatest rock songs of all time.

You like rocking out to Led Zepplin, check these kids out-

and speaking of Red Rocks

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    virginiashadow likes this.
  3. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Big week coming up!

Wednesday: Kid Rock (Kinda :dan:)

Friday: Korn and Evanescence (I have pit passes for this show, should be right up at the stage)

Saturday: Godsmack at a small venue in Boston (MGM Music Hall at Fenway)

virginiashadow likes this.
  4. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    geeze, you are really on a Y2K tear!

5. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Foreigner and Kid Rock report.....

Foreigner was an embarrassing disgrace. If there was a vibe in the crowd, Foreigner killed. Mick Jones needs to be led out to the pasture and shot. The doosh had a platform/pedestal that was out in the crowd and it raised him up about 20 feet. If it were 1983, then hell yeah, that'd be sick! However, we are 39 years removed from 1983. It is 2022, and the crowd looked on like...WTF? There stage setup looked as if it was from their 1983 tour "Double Vision"...It was old and outdated. They did an encore.....an opening band doing an encore? NO....just NO. Time to hang up those stinky leather pants Mick, an assisted living facility has a room ready for you.

LMFAO!!

Speaking of the crowd......

The only way I can describe these people....You walk into a small nasty dive bar on the edge of town on a Tuesday night at 10 pm....OR, go to a yard sale in July at a trailer park....there is your Kid Rock/foreigner fan base, and they represented well. It was the highlight of the summer for them. Wearing their Sturgis or Laconia Harley shirts, Their women's stomachs overflowing from their jeans flopping in the wind for all to see, they were chugging their beer and proud to be American.

Kid Rock:

After Foreigner killed the vibe, Kid Rock took 30 minutes for his stage to be setup. Then the lights went down and a kid rock song played as did a disco ball. Another full song played after that,,,,,then KR came on the stage and the crowd was already lost from cheering at the lights going down. Horrible theatrics, it was not a good way to start a show. He did put on a good show, but the crowd wasn't in to it. Not sure why? Perhaps Foreigner singing "I want to know what love is" as an encore song to end their set was like giving the trailer park bottles of Szyrup?!

We left after 45 minutes of KR.

Korn and Evanescence is up tonight. My son and I have the floor/pit passes and will be getting there mid to early afternoon.

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  6. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Aren't you supposed to be posting siiiiccckkkk stuff over in the water cooler?

Your crowd description sounds like my first Hank Jr. concert when I was probably 14 ish maybe. We saw him in Charlotte and not only was the crowd the same as you just described, but the show sucked very much badly. If you know anything about Hank, he ain't a fan of Charlotte (or at least back then). He's more of a Spartanburg, SC kind of guy.

I would be pretty pumped to see Korn and Ev tonight! Y'all have fun.

7. OmarLittle

OmarLittle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw Collective Soul released a new album. A criminally underrated band from the 90s. They sound just as good as they did back then. As a kid who grew up on this sound it's music to my ears

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    New Tyler Childers album dropping 9/30. Finally.

NEW61375 and Sota like this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will probably hear some of that music coming up at the end of the month.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can not decide if I am stoked or if I am geeked to go to Red Rocks, it is going to see two bucket list concerts in a bucket list venue. I am going to buy merch. Going to be fun with my wife and son. Mom is not going to be too proud of us drinking our way to Denver, I booked my son and I together my wife is on the other side of the isle. I also get to show my son the nice side of business travel, preflight cocktail in first class.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Benjamin Tod Using again, holy crap powerful song his back story is amazing too.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Charlie Crocket is coming to town the end of November.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the band Home Free the men have talent.

14. OmarLittle

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe it's my Irish/Scottish ancestry but I love Flogging Molly. Really like their new album

Sota likes this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The other concert we are going to see while we are in Colorado is Nick Shoulders at Globe Hall it is a concert hall and BBQ joint.

16. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah,,,,I never updated after a few weekends back. It took me quite awhile to recover!

Korn/Evanescense/Palaye Royale: We had pit tickets and wanted to get as close to the front row as possible. We bought fast lane passe so we could get in the venue 15 minutes before anyone else....or so they advertised as such. The VIP and backstage pass people got in before us, and we thought we were screwed for front row. We knew we were supposed to get severe thunderstorms and it is an open air outside venue/ampitheatre. a few minutes before we were allowed to go in, they enacted a shelter in place for the staff and told everyone they had to go back to there cars due to a tornado warning 60 miles away in Springfield MA. I being the weather dork I am was watching the radar and knew the intensity of the storm was dying before it got close to us, like the other storms were doing. I asked the guy with the bullhorn, "what happens if we stay?" He said, "we are not responsible for what happens to you." Fair enough.

I looked at my son who is 22 btw, he said, "what are the chances we actually get struck by lightning?" The kid had a good point. The chance was there, slim, but there. I stated that to him and we logically talked out the possible scenarios and our chances of survival......We stayed in line while the 10 people in front of us left, so we were the first of the fast lane passes to get in if they dont cancel the show. We got soaked. drenched, but we lived. Not my best parenting moment, but he is 22, and we logically talked it out, LOL! Gates were supposed to open at 430, but got pushed back till 6:55. My son got front row and I was right behind him. Straight up insane to be that close to Amy Lee, Jonathan Davis, Monkey, Brian....etc. The first band, Palaye Royale,was interesting. They had so much energy and their stage presence was awesome. They weren't that heavy, but put on a very enjoyable set.

upload_2022-9-19_10-44-51.png

upload_2022-9-19_10-45-20.png

The following night was Godsmack at the MGM music hall at Fenway park. It was the venue's first show, and I was not impressed by the venue like everyone else was. Too many stairs, bathrooms were awkwardly located, beer/food lines in the concourse were long because no one knew that there aditional vendors selling stuff inside by the seats. The crowd sucked, and was dead. Not the Boston I remember from the 90s at rock shows. The opening band was "Otherwise" and were pretty damn good. Godsmack sounded good and played a decent set to a dead crowd. Sully even mentioned how dead it was.
    upload_2022-9-19_10-46-24.png

Saturday night was Bro country night with Jason Aldean. We're talking bout tailgates, tanlines, bonfires, daisy dukes........Drunk high school and college girls all dressed the same and puking everywhere. We saw so many being wheeled out in wheel chairs. I agree with @Justin , the country wannabe girls are much better looking then the metal head girls, LOL!!

Last night was Five Finger Butt Munch, Megadeth, The HU, and Fire From the Gods. They hadn't cleaned the parking lots or portajohns from the night before. Dried puke everywhere! Trash blowing around in the parking lots, overflowing trash cans, old food in the parking lots. Not sure how that is legal, but w/e! It reminded me of the woodstock 99 documentary on Netflix. I was pretty stoned when we went in and was mainlt there to see the first three bands. Fire From the Gods were great and played a great set. While we were watching them, my son noticed this guy who was dressed like a 1980's coke dealer. I love my kids sense of humor, he is so my kid! Of course we had to make friends.

upload_2022-9-19_11-2-50.png

upload_2022-9-19_11-3-5.png

Next up was The HU, my new favorite band!! These guys were amazzzzzzzzzzing!!!!!!! If you have never heard of them before, give them a listen!

upload_2022-9-19_11-3-59.png

Megadeth did not dissapoint and Dave Mustaine proved that he was still a metal god!!

We left after one song of Five Finger Butt Punch. They just try way to hard to be something they're not. I appreciate the support they give the troops, but it does get a bit obnoxious.

Tonight is the Queef Festival with Stevie Nicks. My wife is going, I am not, LOL!

ash d, JeffC and Justin like this.
  17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I love Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks. I would 100% rather go see that show than FFDP.

Going to see Sevendust & Nonpoint on Thursday night. I'm feeling a work from home day on Friday. :lol:

JeffC, Sota and Swamp Stalker like this.
  18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Great show last night - Sevendust never disappoints. The first time I saw them was 1998, more than half my lifetime ago. Man, I feel old. :lol:

It was cool to see hear the entire Animosity album played all the way through. A few songs I never heard live even on the original album cycle and will likely never get played live again after this tour.

7d.jpg

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I may or may not have been in an altered state of mind last night and bought tickets for I Prevail in Milwaukee on November 8th. I'm not getting any younger, may as well see as many shows as I can!

20. OmarLittle

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw The Smithereens released an album they recorded 30 years ago. Great early 90s sound