Team 13 - BuckSlap

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by Happy, Aug 29, 2022.

1. JW Gruv

JW Gruv Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey team,
    Joe here checking in from Northern NY. I have the second week of November thru the end of December off to hunt this year - I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and to follow along with all your seasons

2. Firek920

Firek920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello my name is Matt. I am hunting north West Indiana. Been with the deer contest for three years now. Looking forward to this deer season. Been doing a lot of habitat work and excited to see how the deer use it. I am very fortunate to be able to hunt older age bucks, and always good for a doe. Currently sending this from the road. On my way to Colorado for the opener of Elk. Wish me luck I will try an check in on my way home.

3. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m so jealous. Team full of elk hunters!!
    Looks like we need two more to check in.
    Not going to be pleasant tomorrow to finish stand work. It’s supposed to be hot which is never good when your swinging around in trees crawling up and down making sure lanes are clear. Needs to be done so just gonna suck it up and finish it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While we wait for the last couple to check in, anyone have any team name ideas?

I had a some based off of pop culture or our team number:

-KeepMyBucksNameOutYaMouth
    -BuckSlap
    -Top Bow
    - Mustaches Are Back
    - 13n With Disaster

I’m not offended if you don’t like any of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh/OH likes this.
  5. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like buck slap out of your options. One I requested last year that did not get picked was
    CERNUNNOS
    The antlered one
    IMG_4182.JPG

6. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    I sent a dm to [mention]Bullridnfool [/mention] and [mention]Berwickbuckmaster [/mention]. Hopefully they hop on here soon. You guys okay if we do a Group Me chat? It’s a free app you can download to your phone. Easy to upload pictures and a little faster way to communicate. Still can hop on here and update. Group chat just makes for some quicker conversations.

JW Gruv likes this.
  7. Bullridnfool

Bullridnfool Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all, sorry fir the delay. Name is Andy Smith. 6 months ago i transfered from a water works company 10 miles from my house to the city public works guy in my town of 800. I only have to work 40 hours a week and i already have 2 full paid weeks off of comp time. Normally im on here non stop but last and this year i just seem swamped. I want to just slow it all down. My oldest start preschool 8/31. I have another girl that will be 2 in October and a baby boy due end of nov. I will be hunting hard private and public. Last year i got skunked. Two years before that i put down a 120 and a 150. 20211103_185634.jpg Resized_20201005_132123(1).jpeg

foodplot19, MnHunterr and Happy like this.
  8. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m good with doing the group me chat. We did that last year. I had to ask my daughter to help me get it set upI’m a complete idiot when it comes to tech. I can build you anything under the sun but ask me to do something on a computer I struggle. I’ve figured out my I phone so can limp around here.
    Planning to finish my stand work this evening.I’m going to pull cards and hopefully can send some pics of targets.not expecting to see many big bucks now but there are always a handful that show up once summer ends and the tubing traffic leaves the Creek that borders property. A local bar owner purchased an old mill 2 years ago and turned it into a gold mine by opening up an events venue and has a shuttle bus and tube rental so now there are literally 1000s of people floating creek pretty much every day during summer months. Some of my best spots are literally on waters edge so need to wait for herds of drunk screaming people to get away from area. I always have good deer in area just hard to see them now with all the commotion.

9. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys, here’s our GroupMe chat link. Once again this doesn’t mean we can’t post on here and update. GroupMe is just a way to connect and have some quicker conversations while hunting or whatever.

It’s a free app. Download it by clicking on this link:

You're invited to my new group '2022 Team 13 Chat' on GroupMe. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/89036839/1PjMM7vf

10. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man it’s hot today!! I’m getting ready to go in to work on my last 3 sets. Shouldn’t be too bad but I want to climb and prune all of them. Some saddle sets and some actual stand sets. They have all been hunted in previous seasons but like to make sure nothing grew up or broke my first time in. Will pull cards again while I’m there but not expecting to see a whole lot besides tons of does and small bucks. I also just pulled them 2 weeks ago when I was up there.

11. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Back at the white oak we saw that 100” at 2 days ago. Loaded with acorns and dropping like crazy. Grass is beat down looks like a race track around it. No good trees so I’m on the ground in some thick bushes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First official sit of the season!

12. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Think we are just waiting on [mention]Berwickbuckmaster [/mention] to check in and the gang will all be here.

Couple reminders for us:
    - Need to pick a captain. Any volunteers? I’ve done it once but am fine if anyone else wants the job.

- Team name ideas. Happy and I have dropped a couple above or we can throw out some other ideas

- 6 of us have jumped on the Group Me chat. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/89036839/1PjMM7vf

13. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whazzup Fool??

Bullridnfool likes this.
  14. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking we were on the same team last year, Happy.

15. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We were on the same team. I’ve made a few changes since last year in hopes of not having to deal with track jobs that end of with nothing at the end of them.

16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty crazy hunt last night. Passed a doe and 4pt. Had them at 15yds all night. You know they are close when you can hear them sniffing for acorns. Both the doe and buck got to 1-2 yards but didn’t bust me.

Finally ended up getting busted when the wind died and thermals started dropping.

We saw a giant under a group of oaks as we were leaving. Heading to his area tonight.

Happy likes this.
  17. cole62895

cole62895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Working on joining the Group Me, but can't get the link working for some reason... Will keep trying, I like the idea of using it

18. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Try this link. I changed the group so spammers would stop getting in and that would’ve messed with it.

You're invited to my new group '2022 Team 13 Chat' on GroupMe. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/89036839/TnFZPSkt

19. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, here’s the graphic for the team name if you wanna save it as your profile pic or whatever. Happy to be on a team with you guys. And those of you on here who haven’t jumped on the GroupMe app, click that link above. We are having a good time on there. [​IMG]

foodplot19 likes this.
  20. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SheddingLightTravis likes this.