Team 13 - BuckSlap

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by Happy, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    SheddingLightTravis
    happy
    Firek920
    foodplot19
    merlinbyler
    Josh/OH

NEW61375
    Bullridnfool
    cole62895
    MnHunterr
    JW Gruv

What’s up guys!! Woke up this morning to teams list on forums so starting this off. Always exciting to see this because that means season is closing in.
    My name is Scott “happy” I’m from south east pa “Lancaster”
    Looking forward to the upcoming season. Cameras dont show many bucks yet but does are everywhere. History has shown me that if patient I usually have an opportunity at a good buck. Patience is not my strongpoint!!! If I get excited about a deer I shoot.
    Made a few changes this year so going to be learning as I go but hopefully changes will lead to success. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2022
    Josh/OH likes this.
  2. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guy! Travis here from SE Ohio. Pretty sure I’ve been on a team with some of you before and I’m looking forward to another fun year.

To be honest, I have t done much in the way of scouting this year mainly because I’m focused on my Montana archery elk hunt coming here in 13 days! I’ve been to Colorado twice and had some great encounters but haven’t punched a tag yet. Hoping to get into some screaming bugles with my buddy. And when I get home, Ohio’s opener will be that following weekend.

I have quite a few properties I can hunt and each usually has some good potential of bucks.

I’m a part of a group called Shedding Light Outdoors. 4 buddies and I film our hunts for YouTube and Facebook. I also host a hunting podcast (Shedding Light Hunting Stories) where I interview folks and have them tell their favorite hunting stories and experiences. Been doing that for 3 years and really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy and Josh/OH like this.
  3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LittleChief likes this.
  4. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Done.

5. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    ??? Don’t follow?

6. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It was a simple mistake. Your team thread was posted in the Bowhunting Talk Forum instead of the Contest Forum.

Don’t feel bad. I didn’t get it either until it was pointed out to me.

7. cole62895

cole62895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi fellas, Cole checking in from SE Michigan. I was running a little behind this summer, didn't break out my bow or get cameras up until we were into August.. I have two bucks that I hunted hard last season that made it through the season and at least until mid February when I took cameras down. I am hoping to have them show back up towards mid-October. Other than that, I have two good bucks so far on the cell cams and will be checking the rest of the cams for the first time in a week or so.

After a slow summer preparation wise, I am ready to get into the woods Oct. 1st!

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. I’ll make a little post tomorrow.

I will be in a stand this Friday on my first out of state hunt. Will be in North Dakota for 4 days.

9. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Nice once we get everyone in, would you guys be interested in joining a Group Me app? Done that the last couple of years and it really seems to make the contest even more enjoyable. All can share pics of your bucks without feeling the whole internet is watching. Can still update on here and keep it all fresh, but the GroupMe acts like a group text and guys can respond a little quicker. And you can mute it if you’re at work and dont want your phone blowing up.

cole62895 and merlinbyler like this.
  10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck team 13! Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable season!

11. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What’s up y’all… I’m Josh. I live in Columbus and hunt public, pretty much exclusively (not to be trendy… just born/raised in the city and unwilling to pay lease money )

That said, all my hunting areas are well over an hour away and I put in an excessive amount of hours & days at work, so my time in the woods will be very limited until my vacation kicks in (late Oct - mid Nov). I’ll be hunting public in SE Ohio and will hopefully be tagged out and somewhere in IN or MO by the second week of Nov.

Good luck to everyone and glad to be on the team!

Tony, MnHunterr and cole62895 like this.
  12. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I could start hunting this early!!! Every year I say I’m going to get a Maryland tag so I could get out a few weeks early but hasn’t happened.
    I always get the itch when my stand-work is done and I’m just waiting for the opener. I have 3 more sets to prune and go over on Thursday then I’m waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Josh/OH and MnHunterr like this.
  13. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Offer still open! You know you want to! Good luck this season Happy

Happy likes this.
  14. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You too holt!! One of these years.

Holt likes this.
  15. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck on the elk hunt. That’s on my bucket list!! Putting 2 kids through college now so may have to wait a few years.

SheddingLightTravis likes this.
  16. merlinbyler

merlinbyler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. I'm from Southern MO hr east of Springfield MO. I havnt done much scouting. I'm chasing a specific deer this year again. A big 7... havnt been in a team in 2 years but havnt got to hunt much... last several but a job change is fixing that... 0364899c-4650-4baa-8919-c013db0abd95.jpeg d630f1ba-4079-46e6-9921-1f1912fb646d.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Josh/OH and SheddingLightTravis like this.
  17. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I lucked out with my job and hunting time. I’m a residential construction foreman and the company I work for is very flexible with the hours we work. Come oct. I’m usually working 6-2 with no lunch break. That gets me in the woods without taking any vacation time. I don’t go every day....... that would cause grief with the wife ....... but I do try to get out 3 evenings a week plus Saturday for a morning and evening hunt. I hunt a private farm that I’ve been on for probably 25 years that is only 10 minutes from my house so very convenient.

Josh/OH likes this.
  18. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Jake, I'm from central MN, and will be hunting the family farm again this year (52 acres). I have a lot of time to hunt because I'm now working from home 100% and the land is 10 minutes from my house. Our season starts Sept 17 and runs through the end of the year. I've posted most of the deer I'm after this year in various threads but will post some of them here shortly.

As I stated I am leaving for ND tomorrow. I have been scrambling trying to get everything together the last few days. You really don't need much during the early season when it's going to be 70+ degrees, but boy does it sure feel like it. Super excited for my first out of state hunt. Going to be so much different than what I am used to.

Josh/OH and merlinbyler like this.
  19. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Morning everyone,
    Yep, I’m behind. I lost track of days. I know quite a few of ya and think I’ve been in teams with you.
    We’ll see how this season shakes out. Been a really hot summer with less than normal rainfall.
    We live in West Central MO on a small farm we bought almost 8 years ago.
    Wish everyone the best of luck this season!!

Josh/OH, Happy and MnHunterr like this.
  20. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet you guys. Got permission today to hunt a property right down the road from my house. Hunted there before and have usually had good success seeing does but this year I’ve heard multiple reports of a nice buck spotted down there. May throw out a camera before I head to montana and see what shows up.

Josh/OH and Happy like this.