Music

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by dnoodles, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just make sure you don't do what they tell you....

dnoodles and Swamp Stalker like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You staying up in the big city overnight?

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  3. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, I forgot the name of the hotel. my wife booked it and I guess it is only a few blocks from MSG.

virginiashadow and Sota like this.
  4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went to a Kiss concert in 1985 in Bismark ND.
    Was stoned/drunk.
    Don't remember much other then getting into a slug fest with a guy next to me.

I "think" we both beat the crap out of each other.
    Fun times :confused:

virginiashadow and Swamp Stalker like this.
  5. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Had to pay our respects to the Green Man, Peter Steele (Type-O-Negative).
    9319C699-701B-40EE-8BAF-7677E9E722F8.jpeg

Justin and Sota like this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Made us google.

7. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Worth every effing penny!!!! Wow what a show. Gonna be hard to top that one. You could feel the whole floor shaking when everyone was jumping. Music and Crowd was ear piercing loud and the floor was OG style with crowd surfing and the pit was brutal!!

8. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    What's the average $ nowadays for a concert?

9. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    just looked at a Bruce Springsteen show in Phila, March 2023, 2 tickets $ 2666.00, lower level and most seating gone. Not happening, like you said, I have a killer home theater, can watch from a comfy chair, bathroom is right there, getting too old to deal with all the crowds anyway. Joe I do miss the "energy and atmosphere" of being there, but been there did that, enjoy it while you can. Great memories!! What i can remember...

10. OmarLittle

OmarLittle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  11. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    We went to Jimmy Buffet last night with our season lawn passes. :dan: We got there at our usual time of 5 pm to rip it up tailgating before the 8 pm start time. We found out the parking lot opened at 1 pm for Buffet, the place was jammed. All the parrot heads were half-lit before we even pulled in.

In 100% honesty, this was the most violent concert I've been to, and I've been to some serious sh!t. Fist fights broke out at the porta john lines in the parking lot over people accusing others of cutting in line. While waiting in line to get in, an OG Karen got her husband knocked out cold by another dude after she screamed at the guy for bumping into her (You are at a concert, people are drunk, it's going to happen). The hubby in his Tommy Bahama shirt with flip-flops stepped up to Chad to defend his wife's honor, and Chad hit him with a right hook, and the hubby fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Inside the venue, up in the lawn area, Parrot heads were puking and passed out laying on blankets. We witnessed at least two other fights near us. Drunk people falling down the hill like bowling balls crashing into the other drunk boomers. Security was completely overwhelmed, and after talking to one of them, I discovered that they could not break up fights or touch anyone; only the cops could. The police were obviously overwhelmed as well, same with the stretcher crews. After I heard Cheeseburger in Paradise, we left the venue. On our way out, they had many people in handcuffs waiting for a ride to jail. Dozens of ambulances were waiting in a line taking Parrothead after Parrothead to the ER.

cantexian and virginiashadow like this.
  12. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Outlaw Festival was good last night until it wasn’t. Here’s a pic my daughter took of me. Made it half FEBB6EE9-A240-4B20-BAE8-A956F0D78A67.jpeg way through ZZ Top and the wheels came off. 3 or 4 of those 24 oz mikes hard lemonade and out in the sun all day and not much to eat.

13. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    2660.0 for two tickets?
    I wouldn't pay that to have a full day naked with Eli Macpherson, Olivia Newton-John, Shannon Breem and Cindy Crawford.!

14. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I saw him when I was 19 and I swear it was THE best concert I've ever been to. Absolute insanity. And this is second to the time Lenny Kravitz asked me to fight him. It's a long story.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Paul Cauthen pretty interesting stuff. More alt country he mocks kenny chesney so there is that.

16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    This is great. Reminds me of Ozzfest 2001 maybe? Got the venue super early, pregamed in the parking lot, went in and raged for Ill Nino at the second stage, then passed out on the lawn for like 4 hours. I was wearing a wife beater and got fried to an absolute crisp. Woke up in time to see Rob Zombie and SOAD on the main stage before I had to bail and head home. Missed Ozzy headlining but I was sunburnt and super hungover at like 10 pm. :lol:

17. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This has happened to me numerous times, I’m a slow learner.

Justin, JeffC and Swamp Stalker like this.
  18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got out of the house for the first time in forever.

Almost didn't happen twice. Thursday was helping brother take down two trees and I decided to use the axe. 8" evergreens of some sort that were leaned towards the fence/property line. Hooked up his winch on the jeep and got pretty good tension on it, felt safer using the axe than getting barber chaired with a 14" chainsaw. Really soft wood, on about the start of the 6th swing I felt muscles absolutely wrench and immediately stopped. Luckily my brother had some muscle relaxers and was able to take one before the tightness even started. Had some at home as well as Ketorlac(Toradol). All day Friday and most of Saturday back was kaput, Saturday evening I went to the store for some groceries, when I got back and was getting out of the truck my back had a small pop. Instantly started feeling better and better.

Then the storms moved in and started pushing the start time of the concert back. About 9:30 text to see where everyone was at and they were in the beer tent, another friend had the digital tickets, so I walked to the store, grabbed a couple half pints of Absolut and headed to the fair, 20 minute walk. Low carb dieting so couldn't do beer, ended up having to spend $8 for 2 20oz diet pepsi's as a mixer.

Heck of a show regardless and was glad I got to attend. $64 for seats plus $10 admission was well worth it, good time!

Soon I'll remember I'm 48 not 28 :lol:

Screenshot_20220821-200847_Facebook.jpg

TJF, JeffC, dnoodles and 2 others like this.
  20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    On a side note, not sure if it is a Disturbed thing, Fair or IL law, but on the far left of the image above that person was signing the words to the lyrics and everything he said between sets.

Never seen that before or never paid that much attention :lol: