Tethrd One Gen 2 recall

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by OK/Sooner, Aug 1, 2022.

1. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Soon as I finally threw my box away . Anyone else get an email today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah - I spoke with Greg from Tethrd over the weekend and knew this was coming today. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but they're working hard to make sure it gets corrected, and everyone's sticks get repaired or replaced and returned ASAP. Total nightmare for any manufacturer to deal with, but as they say, "stuff" happens.

3. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    I agree! Hopefully they can get them all fixed before season. I’m more upset about getting rid of my box they came in.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Same here - I chucked mine in the recycle bin the minute I took them out.

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad I got the Skeletors, even though I had to bevel the teeth on the stand offs, the newer ones come beveled .... meh, took 20 minutes .... that sucks on the 'Ones" recall .... Tethrd is taking a beating over this and some of their other 'boo boo's', AT and BS has not been nice to 'em ..... while I am not a saddle hunter, I do really like the Skeletors (hopefully no problems there)... good luck on the "One's" and hope the turn around is FAST .......

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    AT isn't nice to anyone. It's like every idiot that leaves nasty comments on YouTube got together in one spot to stroke each other off and high-five one another for judging and ridiculing other people.

I read through the thread and it's mainly one dude causing all the complaints, with a few others piling on.

7. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    there have been multiple anti-Tethrd threads over there at AT ..... bunch of idiots is correct ..

8. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not shocked at all by the recall. Those sticks have been nothing but issues since they came out with them. The first gen had issues with locking pins constantly breaking and then the glue that holds the steps on failing. The skeletor sticks have their own issues as well that i've seen countless times across various channels.

I like Tethrd as a whole, but I wouldn't trust my life on their products. There is way better, higher quality saddle gear out there.

9. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    once they beveled the stand off teeth on the Skeletors (I did my own with a flat file), those work great ...

10. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would like more info on this "stress" test that they want to subject my sticks to before I agree to have these tested sticks returned to me.

I'm not upset about the recall, I would just like a little more info on the situation than their email provided.

11. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For the record I love these sticks and 100% want to continue using them.

12. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. They ordered a stress machine is what I’ve read. But are they planning on stressing my sticks to way over the 300lb mark? What’s to say they won’t be damaged then.

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I recall is a CYA event. You send out the notices but hope no one actually makes the effort to return them.

OK/Sooner likes this.
  14. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't that the truth! Tax season kicked my tail this season and I haven't been real frequent on any site this year. These last 8-9 months have been horrible.

I started a thread earlier this week over there questioning the arrow choice for the type hunting The Hunting Public do with their new sig bow. I was VERY clear that I wasn't knocking the bow and even said if I was in the market I'd give it a shot. I was merely questioning a 7-800g arrow for deer and a 5-600g arrow for out west on an IBO 320 bow.

I realize you can shoot a telephone pole thru your bow hunting hogs at night over a feeder with a light - anyway like you said one guy pretty much started the downward spiral and a few started piling on. It got so bad some posts were deleted and I got a LOT of nastygrams in my PMs.

Everyone was pounding me defending the bow and I wasn't knocking the bow at all. I shot a lot of deer with a Mathews No Cam that realistically IBO'd at around 315 but I didn't shoot 7-800g arrows either. I also was very clear that I wasn't knocking heavy arrows, there's a time and place for heavier and lighter. However, everyone read past what I was saying made it how they wanted it to read and blast me.

I also don't understand why when you pose a question, like is that arrow the best choice for out West hunting for example, you get a lot of "why should you care? They don't care what you think." First off if they don't care what I think stop pandering to me to like and subscribe. Second these are DISCUSSION boards and this is "our" sport. If I'm on a baseball forum and Aaron Judge gets traded from my Yankees, we talk about it.

15. DH Outdoorsman

DH Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First time I seen the sticks my Spidey-senses where tingleling.:(, but they did this to themselves by trying to get in the stick market. Stick to what they do best and focus on improving quality. This will difiently hurt them if they try to come out with other stick.

16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It's the same basic testing that TSA uses to make sure products meet standards - they just aren't testing until failure. My understanding is that they're loading them up to 700 lbs to ensure nothing cracks or breaks. Load up each step with weight, make sure they're good, then send it back to the owner.

The issue is that a few steps didn't get properly heat treated or cured or whatever process adds strength to the aluminum. But they have no way of knowing exactly which ones were affected. So they had to recall thousands of sticks to find a few dozen bad ones. Sucks, but it's the only way to be safe.

17. Robert Normand

Robert Normand Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I sent mine back for a refund. Took about 5 days once they received them to get my money. Great communication through emails. I bought some EWO feather sticks. They are super nice with great foot room.

DH Outdoorsman likes this.
  18. Freddybowhunter

Freddybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love my tethrd saddle and platform, but never felt confident in their sticks. I run 4 beast minis with a cable aider. Best sticks I’ve ever used

DH Outdoorsman likes this.