The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So started my day yesterday with a 7 am breakfast meeting, conference wound down I drive the 2-1/2 hours to St Louis wait for my flight. I get back to MSP at 7:30 get my luggage and get in the truck, it is 8:00 and I have a 95 mile drive home. I go to pay my parking bill and the machine eats my credit card. I hit the help button and after 5 minutes a woman who I can barely understand comes out and says that she can not help me and come back tomorrow. I told her to go back in the building and get her boss. 5 minutes later her boss was out there and had my card out of the machine in under 30 seconds.

I try not to have racist thoughts but damn that woman was either stupid or lazy.

oldnotdead likes this.
  2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was a fast pitch softball pitcher, I grew up playing base ball with the neighbourhood guys all summer. Football all fall ,soccer goalie for 4 years in high school....I hate commercial sports.

Bucksnbears go to a local schools ball game ,basketball, soccer, football game...you'll see a great game at any of them.

3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Your sunglasses indoors....JC! Drives me nuts.. I wear Sun glasses indoors in fact I wore them in the museum yesterday until we went into a dark areas. Some people are light sensitive that includes artificial light. Some also, like me, tend to loose glasses so avoid taking them off . , none the less life is too short to be riled by a person wearing sunglasses indoors unless they are verbally or physically bothering others....the spurs well that's just head shaking funny really.
    P.S.
    Now I hit the slow person in left lane on expressway that had both lanes piled up doing 75. Clear road in front of lead car....I get it....

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry only 2 kinds of people. I don't get spooled at all but I am constantly scanning a crowd it is good to identify the a holes in a crowd.

5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ok ..well sorry I'm not an a hole.

Sota likes this.
  6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

And when you can't find one..... :lol:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    TJF, cantexian and Sota like this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know I am an a-hole, difference I am self aware and do not make my a-holeness another's problem.

TJF likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think I am going to start locking the doors here at work at 8:01. If you can not show up on time don't bother.

Birdswacker, JeffC, picman and 3 others like this.
  9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Years literally years and no one wanted big family gatherings...we are spread out over the state and country....
    Well until gas went to 5 dollars a gallon and this year's everyone on both sides decided it's time to get together...WTH. a hundred dollars a pop....

TJF likes this.
  10. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t know what your vacation policy is but we used to have a PTO program. If someone showed up late we sent them back out the door and made them use an hour of PTO and come back an hour later. They were seldom late again.

gltomp, cantexian and Sota like this.
  11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's a double edged sword...and may bite your butt if you have exempt employees or others stocking around that extra minute or two (or 30) at the end of the day.

If they're hourly (non exempt), the floggings should be public to serve as a warning...

cantexian likes this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't give a crap if they work an extra half hour, be on time. Thing that sucks can't afford to lose employees.

13. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Nice thought but that wouldn't work in my town. The employee would just quit, go down the street and get hired in an hour with a $1500 to $3000 sign on bonus to boot.

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hourly worker getting a sign on bonus? Desparate. For exempts and many white collar jobs you exactly right.

My boss was complaining yesterday she had to pass on a prospect because he wanted to only work remote...not like most at our company and many other white collar workers globally haven't been doing that for the past 2 years...smh

15. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you want to make an appointment with my limited availability and I give you a couple of options without receiving any kind of response, do not randomly show up at my office three days later, without making any communication attempt and expect me to be available. You are an adult, communicate efficiently and manage your time like one.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    picman, outdoorjoe, TJF and 1 other person like this.
  16. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Or we arrange our schedule to work you in, just to have you call 15 minutes before and cancel. Biggest pet peeve was the late boss's father-in- law. Never failed that he would show up during my diner break to either have something welded or fixed because I was just " sitting around " and he didn't want to bother Steve. While I really miss Steve now that he is gone... I don't miss his father-in-law screwing up my dinners.

cantexian and Sota like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This weekend is going to be trying at times. My little sister and her husband and 3 boys and my Dad are coming up to water ski. City folk who don't eat pork, and weigh out their yogurt and fruit mix with protein powder for breakfast. With this group I do have to have the pre party briefing, we allow no drama at the lake, no yelling, no meltdowns, no bickering, and no soccer on my TV, no sitting in the house during daylight.

cantexian, wl704 and oldnotdead like this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha...Good Luck! I assume either your beer fridge is full and or your bourbon supply is ready...lol

Sota likes this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will be stocking up this afternoon. I also need to tell them that the first 25 gallons of boat gas are free after that go get some. Liberals thru and thru I am going to lose my mind when they count to three to give the kids time to make a good choice or face consequences.

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well dear God make sure they and you know what they are putting in the tank! We lost a boat motor that way. Tank was filled and tried to be used by nimrods when we were not around. That was a blow up moment when we got back....

21. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Not only that but insurance day one and a week (at least) of vacation....for hourly workers.

Consequences of a shrinking population in an already low population density area.

When the recession hits, some people are in for a big surprise!