The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is the July 4th shooter. What a punk. Guaranteed Incel.

Look at the weirdos in our country. Holy hell.

20220705_161859.jpg

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It gets worse, despite Autozone’ guarantee of fit and working, the other store along the way did not work despite having two. I put them on the parking lot and both immediately popped off when we lowered the liftgate. Tried it multiple times before finally going back in the store and returning the set I just bought. I finally gave up on autozone and ordered the OEM parts through O’Reilly’s. Hopefully, I can pick them up tonight before they close now that we are back home. That is after four days of having to hold the liftgate open every time something needs to be take out or put in.

3. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    And the issues continue with my wife's car. Fortunately, O'Reilly's had the correct supports for the liftgate, no more holding it open. But the CEL has been going on and off for a couple weeks, had it scanned at O'Reilly's, oil pressure sensor is going out. The genius engineers at Dodge decided to put the sensor on the side of and underneath the lip of the intake manifold instead of next to the easily accessible oil filter like most vehicles. I found a video on youtube showing how to get it off without removing the intake manifold. Removing the old sensor wasn't too bad, got it off in about 30 minutes. Unfortunately, the guaranteed to fit replacement sensor does not seem to have the same threading. After 2 1/2 hours of trying in the 90F garage last night, I finally gave up at 10:30 and went to bed. Using my lunch break to take the new sensor back to O'Reilly's, taking the old one with me so I can check the threading against the original. So, my wife is home without a car today, it is a good thing she is a teacher and off for the summer.

4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Who knows what that tattoo means?
    I thought that was a gang kill count? Is there more we do not know?

gltomp likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you use Ameren in IL and possibly elsewhere, for electric get ready to bend over when you open your bill.

Brother said his, and the entire block he lives on, bill doubled from last month. Said in the comments section they said rates increased due to the conflict in Europe.

6. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry it's all electric companies and ours started last year as I mentioned earlier. Remember when you bend over make sure your head is against a wall and your holding your knees tightly. The pounding is going to get much worse for sure.

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lower the electric bills, do it and do it now!

8. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stopped at a bar this evening for a couple beers.
    Baseball was on the TV.

As most know, I don't watch/follow "sports" but I had an annoying guy next to me so I pretended I was there to watch the game.

What a bunch of freeking robots!!, most spitting,chewing,readjusting hat/gloves,
    Gota wonder if this is in their training?
    Made me hate team sports even more.

The redundancy was just sickening .

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Try hitting a round ball with a round bat squarely with a pitch that has movement on it, you will get it then.

10. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    Wtf does my post have to do with that?

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Read George Will's book Men At Work the craft of baseball. It breaks down what happens with every pitch and every at bat. There actually is a lot to it at the MLB level.

dnoodles likes this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought the biggest idiot at the airport was going to be the lady that took her stuff out of her bin repacked her bag while blocking everyone else from grabbing their stuff and going to repack in a a space where you are not impeding progress of others. Well her title hold did not last long I saw 2 cowboys walking down the concourse 1 had sunglasses on indoors and had spurs on his boots, what a dumbass.

13. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    must be a liberal state problem. Our bill for for July and August is right in line with norma for this time of year.

14. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    Don't wanna start a pissing match but would YOU like to slide into home plate, 9th inning knowing that there is how many wads of spit laying there?

Guess the point of my rant was, it's almost 100% predictable what every move a baseball player does.

Tap your shoes with the bat tip, spit, ect...

So fun to watch:confused:

15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    as a kid it starts as imitating the Big Boys, by the time you get to real competitive baseball it's ingrained as routine.

Never F with routine in baseball. Ever. (As long as you're somewhat successful.)
    I haven't played competitively on a diamond in 15 years and I promise if I stepped into the box I'd do the exact same thing - take 4 practice swings outside the box to get the pitchers timing, step with my left first into the box, then right, then take 3 deliberate slow half swings while looking at the tip of home plate, spit through my teeth, then look up, lock and load.

When I pitched, I did a Mike Fetters kind of routine but a little more drawn out.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    virginiashadow likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Watch Byron Buxton play center field, he get to hit balls and catches them like no human should be able to.

Birdswacker likes this.
  17. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Definition of a Degen[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Westbound highway shut down last evening just before leaving city limits for bridge repair. They shut it down after 10 vehicles suffered flats or air bag deployment.

Nice to see our gas taxes put to good use making our roadways safer.

Eff IL....

FB_IMG_1657558651230.jpg

19. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so my youngest has intro to a VB camp tonight in the city and duration is not long enough to do anything but wait. My oldest wanted to go to a coffee shop so we did... Holy &$#@ I am such an angry old conservative. My options are being waited on by goth version of dracula or a guy wearing a blouse. My only reaction was to post on here and vent at my lack of culture. I'll bbl with results

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

20. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yowzers. That’ll leave a mark.