The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Apparently more 'mostly peaceful' protests are planned the night of the Route v Wade SCOTUS ruling...Known as the 'night of rage'.

May be of interest, especially for LEO'S, those living in more liberal areas/communities or near houses of worship.

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They only released 4 opinions today, that leaves 9 left. They will be releasing more tomorrow and is currently their last day scheduled for releasing opinions, but that could change to add a day or 2 next week.

They've released big decisions on Friday in the past thinking they would be overlooked by the weekend, but there are thousands out there just laying in wait for it to be released.

It's as premeditated as it can get and you have Democrat leaders to thank for it. The Summer of Riots Redux.

Fireworks have become their arson of choice and they are everywhere right now. I don't expect anything in my area, but do have 12 fire extinguishers at home.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sleep number beds are awesome till the compresser fails:rant:

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    just a hunch...
    today's 2a was a headfake buy the Chief...tossing a bone to the conservatives and then he's going to stick a shank in their backs.

I hope I am wrong.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Could very well be, many were surprised he voted the way he did. It would still be a 5-4 vote if he dissents on the abortion bill. Assuming that is the knife you are speaking to.

Being as I do not have a child I had always remained neutral on abortion, it was a nonissue with me when voting. That all changed over the last 6 years or so as the liberals went to extremes with it, along with some of the project veritas(sp?) findings. What a sick and twisted party they have become.

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I have another winner across the street. They moved in about this time last year, not sure if renting or the gal that had been living there actually sold it.

The past week or so they started parking in the garage, was a bit odd as theynever have before. When they first moved in, who I'm assuming was the boyfriend and looked like a real bread winner, showed up with a 65" TV, couple days later a new grill. Double lot so has a huge back yard and a large covered patio. Yet, they decided to put the grill on the front sidewalk and grill/party on the front porch. About a month and a half later he stopped showing up and the grill was gone.

Couple weeks later Aaron's rent to own showed up and delivered a couple big tv's and some furniture.

Recently she has been having another female staying there with her 2 or 3 kids. 40-50'ish pounds overweight and shorts and tops 2 sizes too small.

Past couple days one of Aaron's vehicles has pulled up, but I didn't really pay attention. Today a plain white cargo van pulled up, guy was wearing an Aaron's shirt. Got out with a single piece of paper in his hand. Went to the door and then left with paper still in hand. About 10 seconds later I see their door crack open, hand reaches out and feels in the mailbox and then retreats inside. 5 seconds later door opens again and it's her teen'ish son, reaches out and feels all around the door handle.

Guess I'm about to find out if their renting or own as to who shows up next. If they can't afford the rental fees on some furniture and TV's how are they keeping up on everything else?

Think it's time to bite the bullet and start preparing to sell. Another neighbor across the street put her house up for sale by owner and it literally sold within 6 days.

dnoodles and ash d like this.
  7. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    DEER FLIES
    Dear God, they are bad this year!
    Even if I could handle them with spray ,long sleeves and a huge rimmed hat,poor A.J.. His ears ears look like Whirly Whigs and he sounds like a snapping turtle trying to defend himself. They are swarming terrible. Even driving the tractor they seem to be attracted to the big green machine and the hood gets covered.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are those what we refer to as buffalo gnats in the midwest? AKA black flies?

If so Buggins Vanilla Mint & Rose is the best.

9. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oil of lemongrass.

My Dad and I did a float trip (about 40 years ago) near the Adirondaks and got into swarms of deer flies. He dove into his tackle box and pulled out a small bottle of oil of lemongrass...a few drops smeared about. Smelled good and best of all, no more dive bombing and biting deer flies

oldnotdead likes this.
  10. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Only similarity is they both bite and take divots. Deer flies look more like a house fly, but with coloration more like a bee.

11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've lived in the MW almost my entire life and I've never heard of buffalo gnats, and deer flies are little bastards with a very specific wing coloration. Around here their bodies are a little darker though. Screenshot_20220624-235631_Google.jpg

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

**** these little bastards, likely the same thing. About 1/8" in length. Only around in the summer heat

ghows-LS-3310294f-d533-7516-e053-0100007ff598-fbcc381c.jpeg

dnoodles likes this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Screenshot_20220625-000856_Chrome.jpg

dnoodles likes this.
  14. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I never knew that's what those things were called. I see them when I go to the North Fork to fly fish, very persistent ba***rds.
    I will be standing waist deep in the river casting and making drifts and then one of those will show up. Usually don't realize one has found me until it takes the first bite, their bite gets your attention quick. They will not shoo away, nothing makes them stop their attack except death. I have to completely stop fishing, ready my hat, and wait for the chance to kill it. Fishing can't resume until it's dead, they absolutely don't quit once they discover you.

Ours have a yellowish body and bright green eyes, we just affectionately call them "those green eyed ba***rds".

Thankfully they usually only show up one at a time, there doesn't seem to be a bunch of them. I probably average 5 or 6 in a day of fishing that I have to kill once they lock on. I can only imagine how distracting they'd be if there was a bunch all at once going after you.

oldnotdead likes this.
  15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to buy side mirrors for my Ranger. I don't have a round cage. Polaris calls it "PRO FIT".

Any way, I find a set of mirrors and have to pay extra for the special clamp. I get the mirrors and they don't look like the web site picture. Well, they do to the point that the whole mirror is not on the web site. Really cheap adjustment sprout.

I look at the "clamp" and it's not a clamp. It's a bracket. There are no mounting instructions. I get a hold of the seller and they send me a link showing mounting instructions for a Polaris General. Oh boy. A General has mounting bolts on the outside of the cage point toward the front of the machine. A Ranger has them to the outside about 90 degrees and the bolts are in recessed holes. This ain't going to work...

Did some research this morning, come to find out, this bracket goes on top of the door latch (soft side doors) not on the cage. So, I would have to find a longer bolt of unknown (they were not included) size to mount this.

Nope, not going to do it. Ask for an RMA. I have to send them pics showing what I received and that it is 100% unused and in resaleable condition. OK. Can do that. then I read that they will charge me up to 20% restocking fee unless they sent me the "wrong" item. Plus I get to pay for shipping.

It took me almost 10 minutes of digging to find this on their web site. CRAP

I got to get out of the Amazon mind set and do my due diligence ...

But now I WILL go on Amazon and order the mirrors THEY says will not fit my machine...LOL. Verified through 3 other sites, they will fit.

Is it Friday yet??

oldnotdead likes this.
  16. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lol
    I put a rear view mirror in the Gator.... I know my self too well for side mirrors in the woods....

17. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These are made to fold inward on the inevitable hitting of brush and trees.

I got a mount for a chain saw this year. We were on trails that had not seen traffic in years last fall. Will be ready this year!

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The mirrors I am getting have an unlimited lifetime warranty.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Insurance companies, was looking at getting disability insurance evidently you can be refused coverage if you take CBD Omega 8 gummies. It's not THC

20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dumb

picman and Sota like this.