Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So did something happen since I was young? Did birth control disappear? I mean I thought it was increasing in ease and methods. When did abortions become the go to birth control? Why would an invasive procedure be their go to when there are pills ,shots,and devises out there to prevent a pregnancy in the first place?
    All this shows is yet another aspect of their TOTAL LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY IN EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE..

BTW...yep DIL is in a battle with the school district. teaching ****e in second grade without getting parental permission...Grandson tattled ..thank God.

TJF and Sota like this.
  2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fwiw my to be neighbor, not only runs his house on Solar, but produces extra that he sells back to the grid. This with panels that don’t even cover the full face on one side of his roof. He also has a Tesla wall (massive battery) that he says will run his house for at least 3 days in the winter months.

We have a lot of ‘wasted’ or maybe underutilized space already on roof tops.

I guess my point is, the solar and wind farms really may be needed for major metros or areas with little solar or wind.

This aside from the industrial waste from creating either.

My biggest beef against electric is, I don’t see it as practical if you have any cross country travel…

oldnotdead likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Minnesota has never had more solar panels than they do now, never had had power outages from demand before than yesterday.

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well, keep trying, cause what your doin' sure as hell aint working .. she is worse than Psaki was in spinning .. hurry up Nov. ... smh ..

5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Yes yes we do have a lot of roof and even wall space we also have yards for individuality turbines. That said...try living on that in the north with snow loads and battery drainage in sub zero degrees. Think of the mining that has to happen for material and the toxic waste,what are they going to do , rocket the crap into outer space? Does anyone know just how much garbage is circling our planet at the moment? Btw that all does not just stay up there it burns up in our atmosphere. What effects on earth does/will that have?....Now I believe, can't remember,but it is Google able I'm sure. The power companies I believe in Florida and else where putting in extra charges for solar panel users and trying to make it law you can not sell back your extra to them. It was a news or documentary I watched a month or so ago.....
    Actually just what I said was going to happen. They get you "stuck " on something with incentives, then tell you to lube up and bend over. People and especially Americans are just plain stupid. What we do is send kids ,blank slates to industrial government complexes. Where government. Twits can " doodle " on them. Then they are sent out into the world,how's that working out for us?

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got the ‘best’ minds working on the next crisis…just in time for November.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO Outages are the fault of whatever utility monopoly(-ies) supporting MN. Also a bit of a flaw in the centralized power production and grid distribution system... energy loss over the grid another problem… Here the utility offers discounted plans, that ‘allow’ the utility to shut your power off if they can’t meet demand ( not good when it’s 100 degrees and humid as heck).

Buyer beware.

OTOH few are able/willing to buy their independence with a big capital investment…and the corresponding risk management/mitigation plans (like a week of cloud cover is pretty common in NE winters; wind is a decent hedge except those dang turbines require PM, blades delaminate, kill birds, work best in open prairie…

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am not trusting when the unprecedented happens and there is little to no media coverage.

9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Let's discuss break downs...because I Live in turbine land and can tell you first hand they break down OFTEN. I have spoken with the repair guys...It's a money making Joke to them.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I could watch video of them burning all day long.

oldnotdead likes this.
  11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My plan for the new place too…will likely be costly.

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are you sure its turbines or is it in the distribution system (transformers, wiring, poles, etc)?

Are you also served by NYSEG, RG&E or National grid?

Many utilities have gotten away from owning both power production and transmission. I’ve been away from NY to long to recall or keep track of their environment. And to the consumer they may not care or be aware…but most utilities seem to prioritize outages based on density…if their meters aren’t spinning they aren’t making $.

13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Let's see...I spy with my little eye say 15 turbines with a strong winds and only 10 are moving. I literally speak to the turbine repair crews when they are out and about getting different supplies. Pretty sure they know what they are working on. We also have family...big area dairy farmer..actually I believe not far from Fix's camp that have a few on their land. Blades besides the motors are a real issue. Vibration issue cause lots of problems apparently.

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    We are NYSEG we have to report to the Hornell offices for outages. Actually They are pretty good about getting on things fast. Hours......when we had a few bad storm on RG&E...it was literally many days and one over a week.and that was in a good sized town Avon.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a friend who used to work for amsoil he told me how dirty the oil gets inside the turbine.

oldnotdead and Hotrod9 like this.
  16. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The green team would lose their minds if they knew the amount of oil it takes to produce “green energy”

cantexian, ash d and Sota like this.
  17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    And how much leakage there is.....

18. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    D993FD5B-6839-497E-9B66-BC2087BABF41.jpeg
    Sorry OND, I couldn’t find meme with she!

19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Lol... been in a few hard ware stores where that was prevalent...hhmmmmm

20. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Image1655852335.565569.jpg

cantexian and Sota like this.