The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    can't argue with that. Sounds exactly like Kermit the Frog.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I decided I am not going to have the sliding screen door repaired, next DF that apologises for walking into it I will say no worries a DF was there before you.:rant:

Birdswacker, oldnotdead and Ks.hunter like this.
  3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So WTF is the deal with all these e-commerce sites over charging for sales tax? It really burns me. It use to be they didn't have to charge sales tax at all if they didn't have a business presence in your state.

. I tried to order some hunting gear today from a reputable site because they were offering a 10% off coupon code.

When I went to t check out they charged me 9.15% sales tax Which is KS state, county and city sales tax. I don't live in the city! The tax should be 7.65% . It appears they calculate sales tax by zip instead of by address!

This made me start looking at some of my previous e-commerce purchases this year. 3 out of 5 companies charged me the wrong sales tax.

Now I know what you are thinking, BFD... It's not a lot of money... Think about it as a whole. Thats big money when we are talking about millions of transactions annually if the bulk of e-commerce are doing it wrong.

So my question is. Are these companies over paying sales tax or are the pocketing the difference?

The site I ordered from today said they couldn't fix it and offered me an addional discount. I said that I thought they were missing the point and hung up....

4. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your son’s buddy?

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One of them but to be honest the screen was already tweaked by my son's dog the week before. We have Larry the hound this week too, that f'ing bark bellering will drive you nuts. I am like Walter I say shut the f up Larry 20 times a night.

ash d likes this.
  6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Another effing swift kick to the nuts. Got gome from work, supposed to put a PTO clutch on my brothers mower and do his front brakes. Started grabbing tools needed, go into basement to get cordless impact and floor is wet and stinks. Had a big storm come through this morning and dumped a lot of rain. Never been a problem so started following trail.

Led right to my upright freezer. Toast. 150 pound plus of meat gone. Landfill closes in 15 minutes and my garbage service closed before their 3pm closing time, answering machine.

Eff 2022, FJB and give me a damned break!!!

TJF likes this.
  7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I feel your pain. I had to buy a new fridge this past week. Fortunately, I had the freezer in the garage and didn't lose anything. But, appliance repair sucks.

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Clint, I had over 100 lbs go bad one summer. Deep freezer in garage. I have never smelled a worse smell in my life....dry heaving like I had drank 3 gallons of whiskey.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I put on an N95 dust mask that I smeared the inside with vapor rub :lol: luckily it was what had leaked out on the floor that stank.

Top shelf was rolls of deer burger in back, front was burger with deer breakfast sausage on top. Some of the center stuff was still soft frozen and frost/icy. Pitched it all anyway. Now I'm worried about the chest freezer in the garage. It has all my deer steaks and a lot of burger as well. And it's a lot older of a freezer.

Worst part was right side middle shelf. 24lb packer brisket.

20220617_152434.jpg

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Doing brakes on my brothers truck
    Front drivers wheel was locked up, forward and backward. Pull caliper off, both pistons broke. One of the caliper slides is seized rock solid. Likely culprit as every time the brake was pressed it was not able to release.

He goes and buys new calipers. Get drivers side on with no problems, bled quickly. Get passenger side off and grt first bolt started, second bolt pushes straight into hole. WTF!

Wrong frigging mounting bracket. Holes on 6" center, old caliper bracket 7" center. They don't have another one, had to warranty claim it and drive to another store to get right one.

Hour and a half later he just got back with it. Ugh, still havr to go home and mow my yard.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Get a new brother

TJF likes this.
  12. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Alternator went out in my 2006 Ford Escape. If I could find the idiot that decided to put the alternator in the worst p0ssiblr spot... I would beat him half to death with the old alternator. It was 6 hours of pure hell dismantling half the front end of the car to get it out and put it all back together. I tend to cuss a lot when things go bad. Today I hit a new record. I was exhausted and filthy by the time I got done with it.

Pretty sure it would have been at least a grand if I would have had a shop do it. Next time should it happen... I will spend the grand.

Sota likes this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's exactly why I quit my last job. Have to be a damned contortionist just to work on them anymore. Genius engineers think they're pretty crafty when they figure out how to put the starter on the inside of the engine under the intake manifold/plenum.

TJF likes this.
  14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just under 3 hours labor for $400. I'll take $145 an hour all day any day :lol:

I had looked at his mower last weekend. Couldn't find any loose wires or a blown fuse. Tested the switch and it was good. Was having a hard time getting my volt meter probes on both wires in the connector while plugged up, so I grounded one to the frame, 12.5 volts, turned the switch off, 0. Told him to order a clutch, $350. Put it on and same exact thing. Ended up being a broken ground wire in the harness somewhere, so ran a new lead straight from the connectore and grounded it to the frame and done. Could have avoided it by running a continuity check on the ground wire, hindsight..... Luckily the place accepted a return on the clutch, kinda 50/50 on electrical components.

Sota and TJF like this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    WTF get to work log on and time to have my V8 I open the can and the **** is froze, like I need that BS first thing. Decided to have my diet pepsi with my breakfast while the V8 thawed, oh yeah that was frozen too made a mess on my desk, frustrating. I will have to wait 2-1/2 hours to call my wife to adjust the fridge when she gets up.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  16. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got love starting off the day with $500 in fraudulent charges on the CC. At least it was the CC and not the debit card linked to the bank account.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting too old for this chit. Managed to unload it from the truck and get it down the basement stairs by myself without damage to it or myself.

20220622_173159.jpg

cantexian, JeffC and wl704 like this.
  18. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I lost almost half my elk b/c of same thing. I feel for you.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Luckily all the deer meat lost was burger, some brealfast sausage and hot dogs/snack sticks. All the steaks and roasts are ijnthe garage freezer which will be transferred to the new basement freezer tomorrow evening. Worst loss was the 24lb brisket IMO.

Freezer alarm is my next purchase.

cantexian and dnoodles like this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Near miss yesterday luckily my wife called. She has never messed with watering the lawn ever yesterday she decided to set up the sprinklers, she called me about plugging in the pump. DO NOT RUN THE PUMP, the guys applied lake weed killer yesterday the pump to water the lawn is attached to the dock. Would have been just my luck to kill the lawn.

TJF likes this.