The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We may not have a "Spring" this year. Don't count on any prolonged warm periods until after Mother's Day. Going to be a lot of the same until then, cool/cold and rain with maybe a day or 2 of warm days mixed in once every 2 weeks.

This is mainly for my area, not everywhere of course.

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They normally can't show accuracy day to day let alone weeks ahead....so.....

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't pay attention to forecasts or watch the weather channel. Mainly use the models and people with far more knowledge than I.

It's the patterns that matter and we'll be stuck in the current one for a few weeks yet.

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Not yet

5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

22x20 plus 12x19

Went bigger than the deck area so that we can put rock or something at the deck perimeter when its done.

Sod was 3-5 inches and topsoil ran 8-12 inches.

Really screwed up. Should have taken it all off of a 22x40 foot section and then back filled the topsoil when done. It's crap at that inside corner. Lots of hand digging yet plus removing sand and topsoil from the remaining sod.

6. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

This was a wheeled bobcat.

Just think what that area would have looked like with tracks! this area is 3 feet lower that house level. Should have done it in the fall when it was drier.

Wife wanted the topsoil in another pile in the front of the house. Would have had 450 feet of that mess to fix.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Woohoo!
    IMG_1678.JPG

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rowdyray likes this.
  9. Rowdyray

Rowdyray Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, thanks for the reminder. Lol. My oldest will be 40 this fall.

I have 3 grandsons. The oldest just turned 17. He's been dating a very nice young lady for about a year. A few weeks ago I pulled him aside and had a little chat. Told him I've loved every minute of being a Grandpa and hoped to live long enough to be called Great Grandpa. But, wasn't in any hurry!

gltomp, JeffC, GregH and 1 other person like this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not so fast, just sent my info to the email addy in the list. Gonna be rich, @wl704 should be more careful posting information. Identity theft is real, and I just stole his.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have never had my identity stolen or got covid big middle finger to the rest of the world.

TJF and oldnotdead like this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a credit card used by someone else and another credit card usee by someone to sign up for a nonexistant service that got me turned into a collection agency.(both were by people I have never met and I had my cards)

First instance I had no clue what to do, credit card issuer said I would need to file a police report on it. Did that and nothing ever happened, lost $400 as a result. Turns out all I haf to do was semd them the police report. DOH!

2nd one I was signed up for a bogus business "realestate rolodex" that had a free sign up and then monthly charge if not canceled within the first 30 days. No clue I was signed up until a colection agency started harrassing me. Luckily I understood my rights with collection agencies after the first and filed the police report, sent them a copy with a cease and desist letter and a threat to sue should they place anything negative on my credit report.

Received a letter not long after apologizing for the mistake.

I was a dumbass up until 2006, 2 years after taking my current job. Went from a 320 credit rating to currently high 700's to low 800's. Proud of where I am now, just wish I knew how to "save" now :lol:

13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    To this subject I'll stay silent due to being superstitious.

14. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It sure is! Our oldest turns 52 in July. Funny how it happens so quickly. Like the old song kinda' says... turn around and they're tiny, turn around and they've grown, turn around and they're having babes of their own. So, bottom line - it's warp speed from here on out, so enjoy the ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TJF, Fix, GregH and 2 others like this.
  15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Louver doors. Really what was I thinking...just a PITA to clean today is a good day to "Spring clean" the kitchen and bath. Which means everything floor to ceiling and light bulbs too. The house smells pine. Where does all this dust come from .Our furnace filters were not bad and our humidifier ones get changed weekly.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Of all the people in the world to eff with, some drunken idiot chooses Mike Tyson? :lol:

IMO, he deserved everything he got and then some. Tyson went easy on him, hope they don't try to charge him and any civil suits get tossed.

The Old Man, Mod-it, GregH and 2 others like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was at a Duke power facility at Cayuga IN, commissioning a new cell for their ash. there are 2 kinds of engineers I dislike. 1 chinese 2 russian and I had both on site. Asking me stupid questions and then can not understand the answer. The chinese woman wanted to know if the flow and level display could be set to metric units, answer is yes but when reports are submitted to the EPA the units are gallons and inches of liquid on the liner zero reason to use the metric system or ponder it. Second issue the Russian engineer wants a thumb drive of the program in the OCS. Replied not volatile memory you could lose power for 6 months and all the levels and program are still there, no need but if you want to pay for it I can have it sent. Was funny to watch all the operations guys all roll their eyes when the engineers talked. Rural Indiana does not take kindly to strangers.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    TJF and Bone Head Hunter like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is it wrong that I just assume that any individual that has their hood up inside a building or in their car is an idiot?

19. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This weather is making it very difficult to get my outside chores done. Yesterday it took most of the day to grade my 1/2 mile long easement. I raked it in the morning to get the gravel back from the edges but it was too wet to use my land plane from the rain the night before. After scratching it up pretty good with the rake I went to the bar for some lunch. It was sunny and quite windy so I let the gravel dry out for a couple hours. I then went back and used the land plane (grading scraper). It worked nicely, just like frosting a cake. It's good to work gravel when it's damp because it keeps the dust down.

Rain is forecast for the next 2 days then back to lower Temps again .

Will winter ever end?

Should have took a before and after pic

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    TJF and oldnotdead like this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is fashionable to thank military service for serving, please tell any police officer thank you for your service for keeping us safe.

JeffC, TJF, cantexian and 2 others like this.