Field Pant Recommendation

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Heckler, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks for some new field pant recommendation . Something for property maintenance, shed hunting, scouting etc...

Something tough, water resistant at least up to the knee. Something that my legs won't look like they have been through a meat grinder every time I get into pokey things... Something that will accept light knee pads would be a bonus. Style points are also welcome. Nothing that looks to "tactical".

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like Game hide . They have a pretty good line up..

Heckler likes this.
  3. BB1

BB1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m a function over style person, I bought some cheap chain saw chaps off Amazon a few years ago that I use. Can put on/take off as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Heckler likes this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pair those chaps with something comfortable like the Eddie Bauer tech pants (were like $25 from Costco) and it seems like a winning combo. If needed, adding a rubber boot or boot/gaiter for water resistance.

To the OP, the issue I run into is not able to find that every season pant. Most brush pants /chaps, very/too warm in summer. Tech pants stretchy, and various levels of breathability but snag on briars and most lack Dwr that lasts. Not sure you'll ever find the every season unicorn

5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use to use Duluth clothing for years. They had a chainsaw pants that had double layer of there fire hose material on the front. But don't believe they sell them any more. Biggest problem for what your looking for is the durability and waterproof. Those 2 things never seem to mix well in a pant.

The pant I'm using now is Wranglers ATG. (All Terrain Gear) It is a canvas material and double chapped in the front. Has some spandex in it to help with movement and flex. Picked mine up at Tractor supply. Full retail is $40. But have found them on sale for about $32. Once and awhile. By far my favorite for the price. I use them for hunting, scout, shed hunting and use them at work daily for doing Construction work. They really take a beating.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Heckler likes this.