Ozonics, are you a believer?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have never used one or know anyone that has. I am not sure about it, is it fair if it works? Watching an infomercial on it, guy kills a nice deer, he says " ozonics killed this deer not me":confused:

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've known too many good hunters whose opinions I trust say good things about Ozonics to not believe that it works.

With that said, I owned one for several years and eventually sold it. I got sick of listening to it buzz over my head for hours on end when I just wanted to sit and enjoy nature.

jgaudiojr and oldnotdead like this.
  3. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use one and it has saved several hunts that i would have been busted. For sure.

Mine is a slight humm ,but it's not very loud at all. There is lots of time I forget it's even on.

I have the original machine , thinking 7 yrs now. Love it

4. entropyfx

entropyfx Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Love mine. Certainly seems to help.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Different strokes for different folks. I will never get one. I don't care if everyone else was killing big bucks while upwind of bedding areas.

6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The use of ozone to kill odors is a proven science, there's no arguing that. I could see how it could work in an enclosed space, such as a ground blind but I just don't see how much of a difference it could make in the open atmosphere. It couldn't possibly filter that volume of air.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SkylarPreston likes this.
  7. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use it to treat clothes when I’m on trip and can’t wash my clothes, I don’t use one while hunting.

8. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've never used one, but have zero desire to get one. For my situation, hunting public land on 8 thousand acres, I can always find a spot to hunt regardless of the wind. If I was hunting a small private property with limited setups, then I could see where I would use one. I know @LittleChief uses one...and he slays more deer in a season than anyone I know.

SkylarPreston, airenlow and MUDSHARK like this.
  9. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ozone definitely works, never ponied up for the ozonics though.

10. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The view looking up from where I’m sitting right now:
    upload_2021-10-13_17-27-53.jpeg

I know some folks scoff at the idea. I used to do the same, but I’ve seen it work. I wouldn’t have gotten the doe I killed in Arkansas without the Ozonics. Those deer are SMART. The slightest whiff of danger and they’re gone.

She got into the scent stream and didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t smell anything, so she was doing what I call the “Ozonics shuffle”. She was all on edge but I managed to get the shot off.

I’ve seen it work time and time again. That was just the most recent instance.

11. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    One other thing: I’ve said again and again that the deer in Kentucky where I hunt are stupid, but not when it comes to smell. If they get downwind they’ll do the same thing the educated Arkansas deer do.

The Ozonics works particularly well on them. Last season the lead doe in a group of Kentucky idiot does hit my scent stream, did the Ozonics shuffle for a minute and then followed the scent stream to my tree.

SkylarPreston and MUDSHARK like this.
  12. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I 100% believe that ozonics and Ozone as a technology work. Heck i dont have to believe it, it’s been scientifically proven for years. As a scent control technology not necessarily a weapon in the deer hunters arsenal, that is. I have nothing bad to say about it or anyone who uses ozonics. I use ozone bag to treat my clothes and gear but thats where my line ends personally. I almost got crazy Dr. Jim style scent control there for a few years with Carbon, Ozone and almost surgeon scrubbing cleanliness, and i will say i DID notice a difference in detection. Deer detected me less for sure. It just got to where i obsessed about it and it took all the fun out of the hunt. So much so that i would skip meals so i didnt get grease from a Caseys breakfast pizza on myself. How insane is that!

SkylarPreston and LittleChief like this.
  13. JJ6901

JJ6901 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have used Ozonics for 3 years. Firm believer.

14. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Proven science ozone works in a controlled environment. My belief is treating your cloths / interior of your truck works great. I am not buying it in the field. No way that little machine can make a significant difference. I also quite using all scent control sprays as well. No change at all.

15. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've always found it interesting the amount of positive feedback on Ozonics machines from well-respected, successful hunters with zero affiliation to the company, yet people who have never used the product still refuse to believe it works.

Out of all the scent control technologies out there - detergents, soaps, field sprays, carbon, scent proof bags, and more, the ozonics machine seems to be the one with the most positive results from the widest range of people. Are they all brainwashed?

And if it were simply as easy as always playing the wind, none of us would ever get busted. But sometimes you guess wrong, and sometimes deer do things you don't expect them to do. That's when your scent control game starts to matter.

16. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never used one but can see why it does work. From what people say and exactly what LC was saying above, it seems to produce a smell that deer aren't familiar with. So the deer don't know how to react. It seems to over power your own smell.

So it's not for me. I personally enjoy playing the wind game. I actually don't want to hinder deer and there natural ability to survive. The game for me is to beat a deer at what it's best at. That is all part of the hunt for me. I currently do zero scent control and often hunt in the clothes I work in. This is my style, how I get the most enjoyment .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

17. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Right there with ya Holt!

I will say that ever calm is in my arsenal of tricks... I use it in the tree I am in to try and mask my STANK!

SkylarPreston and Holt like this.
  18. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe it works. I’ve never used one. I once entertained the idea of buying one. I have since drawn a line in the sand for myself and myself only on product vs. the hunt!

I don’t use cell cameras for the same reason I’m not going to use Ozonics. It’s not the price point - I’ve spent plenty of trail cams, Sitka Camo, Food Plot seed etc. I just think at some point I’ve just got to go out and hunt and try and beat the whitetail with what I have… The commercial market has provided me with enough already to be able to go out and harvest a Whitetail - I don’t need to keep up with technology to be successful.

My only disclaimer is I don’t think any less of people who use cell cams or ozonics… It’s just a personal line in the sand for me - I didn’t think long and hard about it. I just evaluated and said nope I’m not interested in that.

19. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess the ethics of using it is going down a rabbit hole.

20. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    ???

You lost me there. I have no idea what you’re trying to say.