Am I an A$$hole

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Sep 14, 2021.

1. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    9B050434-94BD-43B0-8FBA-AFCE0EBDFD48.gif

Sota likes this.
  2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I have several points of reference for this opinion. All of which included a BS diagnosis of ADHD. And, one of my best friends that has been a family practice Dr. for over 30 years thinks it is a largely made up diagnosis. I also used to volunteer at a youth camp for a week in the summers and found that giving some of these kids some stern discipline completely changed their behavior for the week. There seems to be a direct correlation to the increase of ADHD with the decrease of discipline. I was able to swat my kids on the butt at the grocery store when they earned it. In fact, we got paddled by the Principal at school when we got out of our lane. Today, the libs will take your kids away if you discipline them in any form beyond conversation. Sorry, I think its bunk and an accepted behavior that has been enabled and another excuse to prescribe meds. So, to be honest, yes I think most kids would in fact behave much better if they had started out with consistent discipline. Parents got too busy and too lazy when it started taking two incomes to run a home.

Does ADHD exist? Yes, but it is horribly over-diagnosed.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Wop 75, cantexian and Swamp Stalker like this.
  3. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I understand your viewpoint and respect your opinion. My personal experience/diagnosis with ADHD is from inattention. I do not have the hyperactivity/impulsivity diagnosis, only a few minor symptoms. I was diagnosed at the age of 39. The diagnosis explains me to the "T" and explains why I underachieved in school, and in certain career fields. my report cards from my childhood always had the same comments, "Joe is smart but lazy." "Joe daydreams too much."

I was put on Wellbutrin and noticed my concentration was almost immediately better. I could carry on a conversation with my wife or anyone without being distracted, I could actually finish a project I was working on, and I could remember to do stuff. Two weeks after starting the meds, I started having seizures, so that ended my meds. I then began cognitive behavioral therapy and was taught to be aware of when my mind started to wander and was taught how to redirect my thoughts to help pay attention. It sucks and requires a lot of effort, but it works pretty well.

I agree 100% with your last sentence!!

fletch920 likes this.
  4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "I then began cognitive behavioral therapy and was taught to be aware of when my mind started to wander and was taught how to redirect my thoughts to help pay attention. It sucks and requires a lot of effort, but it works pretty well." - SS

This is the part my father was able to help me with at a very early age and he was more than willing to reaffirm the lesson as needed. It also sucked and with some effort, I was able to lessen the severity and frequency of the treatments administered until I reached a clinical cure.

Obviously I am joking, but also not. I do think most of that "therapy" used to be given by parents at home.

I am glad you are able to find some resolve to your issue.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My oldest daughter has been diagnosed with it. Poor thing has a extreme far left libtard for a mother. I only have her every other weekend. Discipline is very different between households. Her mother has engrained it in her head that its ok to be lazy and a slob cause “thats just who you are as a person” and validates all irresponsible behavior as a symptom of adhd. Shes almost 14. Only 4 years left then the wolves will eat her alive. Well her mom will treat her as a baby golden child until shes 50 as all narcissists do to their chosen ego feeder. I love the kid to death though. Just not worth fighting with hwr mom all the time. I will say she is unmedicated and in therapy as most of the side effects of meds tried over the years far outweighed the positives.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thinking of starting a poll on the date of the first I shot a deer a little back just found white hair and just a little blood I tracked a little then heard a deer running thru the woods......

Do not PM me my tracking cat is long gone.

picman likes this.
  7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You forgot, "smoked um"
    In Venatione Veritas

8. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well in a tournament, if I make a long run to a spot and boat is already on it, well in my mind he's already a d&ickhead.. on the other hand, he's thinking, " yeh that's right *******, I got here before you"

9. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tracked? You mean I looked for it to go down in sight.

Sota likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I had a crew come out and pull the dock my wife had all the conversations to set it up she was quoted $175. They came and pulled the dock I asked how much he said $175 I had twentys so I gave him $180. Did the guy walk away thinking what an ass the guy gave us a $5 tip? I think of them as contractors they gave me an estimate to do a job, I paid them upon completion. Do you tip people that you pay to perform a task?

11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man, that's tough. They are not in the"service" industry as per standard so I would agree with no tip.
    Think I would have quantified it with, hey all I have is 20s so here you go.
    In Venatione Veritas

12. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would have said "That's all I've got, now get off my lawn!"

Sota likes this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want them to come back next spring to put the dock back in.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want to salute an individual. Devin Williams....you are a pedigreed dumb a$$ Who punches a wall when they are celebrating?