Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Was just thinking about you, glad to see you are still kick'en

All heeled up I hope and back to normal?

2. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Vaccinate or be terminated order finally came down from corporate. I figured it would have come sooner but figure the lawyers had to work through the cover our asses part of it.

3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Manufactured outrage.

Lots of hard facts were presented when I first heard the term "fake news" y'all didn't seem to be to bothered by it then but now you are, huh. But hey, so long as each side has someone to blame.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So is the Bush era gas prices, well known fact surging gas prices during his admin was a direct result of hurricane Katrina, then exacerbated by Hurricane Rita the following month.

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/i...&File_id=df30f855-4042-4af6-9129-4eddd466a2ab

And in parting, as a nation, we did indeed pay higher gas prices druing Obama(during his 2nd term) than Bush following the hurricanes.

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_rrapier_files_2019_01_January-Gasolines-Prices.png

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  5. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "Solyndra was the first company to get federal loan guarantees under a program that was created in 2005 and expanded by President Barack Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus package." From an article on the AP Wire. So their first loan approval was in 2005. 3 years before Obama took office. They mislead the public and officials. So by that logic the Madoff scandal was completely GW Bush fault and lead to an economic collapse and the bail out of all the major lenders involved. Not just unscrupulous businessmen pulling a fast one.

6. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never paid $4.13/gallon like I did that year. My own personal experience.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That was a spike caused by hurricanes not administrative policy

cantexian and fletch920 like this.
  8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds a lot like deflection. Just pick two and prove them to be fake. Low hanging fruit. Should be easy if its ALL fake.

Also, throw out an example of the hard facts from your first fake news experience since you used that as your excuse for not answering.

0317 likes this.
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I added a link to my previous post to a report on the effects Katrina and Rita had on the country that year.

10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yawn. Even when facts are used you'll deflect as well.

Pallets of cash in Iran. Yall weren't to bothered when Bush Sr. Sent them $258 million in '91 but are bothered when Obama sent them the interest on seized assets in '15. No matter what I say here you'll find an excuse to disqualify, deflect and try to "call me out." Its a snake eating its own tail. A boring snake at that. I may be the minority here but I'm not among living, breathing American voters. Any real news on that bs front yet?

11. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    thats all fake news ... (sarcasm for those in Okieville)

12. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just proud that you decided to rise above being "the same foul spirit" you always seem to be aligned with. I can appreciate sarcasm.

13. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    anytime ........:argue:

14. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I was very much bothered by Bush Sr. giving Iran $$$. But, that really had nothing to do with our much more current fake news convo. Pick two. Yall may not be a very accurate brush to paint with.

15. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Back, but not sure I will ever be completely back. My Dr. seems to think that this damn virus is leaving some potentially long term or permanent problems with the lungs. I do feel like I continue to improve, but it is extremely slow. I have dropped 20 pounds of my covid-30 and that certainly helps also. Stamina continues to be a problem and I continue to hope that they come up with some magic bullet for us long-haulers. It certainly could be worse and I continue to be thankful for surviving it in any shape or form. My secretary has a son-in-law that is in the ER as we speak getting oxygen and an infusion because he could not breath this morning as he fights covid. He chose not to get the vaccine and is now paying the price. I respect that it is a decision for each individual, but I am a believer in the vaccine. So glad to see you getting back out in the woods! I can't wait to hear about your new adventures. A hero shot while wearing the pink shirt would be the ultimate scorecard post....just sayin'.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To any liberal that hates the fact that Trump was ever president, I tell them that is on your party. They trotted out the most entitled person, the only candidate that could possibly lose to Trump. Hate Trump blame Hilliary she brought Trump upon America.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Careful, they'd still support that, see you in tee, for first female president over most anyone else. I would still love to see some video leaked of that night from her location as the results came in, it has to be the greatest reaction ever put on by a presidential candidate.

Sota likes this.
  18. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To be honest, I believe that probably 80% of Republicans are actual Democrats. Very few Republicans stay true and if they do they hang it up early (Trey Gowdy). I would say Trump was more of a Republican than most, wasn’t a fan of all his antics. He definitely accomplished way more than Biden did or has in 49+ years. I don’t want to give money to any of those knuckleheads, no matter who it is and I never said Bush was great, nor was his son. I would like to see another Reagan like candidate, it would have been a pleasure to serve under him. I want my country back and we will never get there with Democrats period. I’m not here to change your mind Okiebob, your a big boy and can choose to believe and feel however you want, but if you stay with that party your believe and feel will go away sooner than later. God Bless and happy bow hunting!

Shocker99, cantexian and Fix like this.
  19. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Saying the economy grows by printing off T-bonds by the trillions and selling them to China is kinda like paying off your credit cards with a third mortgage and then taking your "savings" and blowing it all on Powerball, hookers and blow every month. It might make you feel good while it lasts, but it ain't exactly sustainable.

20. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mod-it likes this.