Team 4 - Bows4Hire

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Westfinger, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh wow that’s brutal! That hurts me just looking at it. So are you shooting the compound anymore or is that to easy now;-)

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.
  2. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha, I’ll shoot the compound when I go to Public since I’ll have to shoot farther than 9 yards :bow:

Westfinger likes this.
  3. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha ok hot shot!

I will be shooting my compound and Xbow. I have a SLAP tear in my right shoulder that I have been nursing. I can draw my compound back but it’s not pretty. Way to much movement. I’m hoping to get a doe down early with my compound just to get my confidence up for Iowa. After Iowa I will probably spend the rest of the season hunting with the Xbow unless my shoulder improves dramatically. Time will tell.

oldnotdead and hunterman927 like this.
  4. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Westfinger likes this.
  5. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Grommel checking in from Long Island!! Hope all you guys and you families are well!!

6. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    OUCH! Yeah don’t hurt that shoulder anymore bud. I’ve got a buddy with shoulder problems and he’s figured out a way to draw one back without much movement and pain. I’ll try to explain it the best I can… he basically will have his release hand pinned dead center of his chest with his bow arm bent to allow that obviously, then he starts pushing with his left arm and once the bow gets to the break over point he raises his right arm up to his anchor point and shoots. He did have to drop to a shorter draw length and lighter poundage but it hasn’t affected his lethality.

Westfinger likes this.
  7. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Greg, I’ll give that a try next time I wander down into the basement to shoot. I don’t really want to drop my poundage down if I can help it. I feel like I just need to get my strength back up there.

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    EFBC7C2A-5A55-4CC7-B8EC-8D3913100758.jpeg
    Heeeeres SHOCKEY!

Hey guys (and gal :biggrin:), Brandon here checking in from Illinois. I see some familiar faces West, Blarney, i know we were on teams before, Kristen i think we were on one together once awhile back.Good to see you all again. My season will be pretty cut and dry. I had to use alot of my work vacation up this year for back injury and moving to a new house. As i lay here today after my third round of spinal injections, i try to come up with a grand plan in my head to fill you guys in on. Truth is i dont have one! Other than hunt every chance i get, adapt to all conditions and obstacles that may come my way and dont be too picky this year. Ive been on a quest the last few years to kill my biggest buck to date. Let some super nice deer walk. I need to face the music though, I just dont have the time to put in to target and chase particular deer of that class. If a mature buck steps in the wheelhouse he is getting a slicktrick sent his way. Same for a mature doe without fawns. I have a good feeling this season despite my limited time and ailments. Last season was kind of a bummer. I dropped my bow and never was right in the head after missing 2 deer with it. I convinced myself something HAD to still be wrong with the bow despite having 2 good techs give it a clean bill of health. Talk about a mental meltdown. I was so inconsistent and couldn’t build enough confidence to hunt comfortably. This year will be different as ive spent a little time working on a new grip and my form. So no cams hung, no grand plan, just get out there and have some fun with you all!

9. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya bud, hopefully you won’t have to drop your poundage. My buddy was told he’d never shoot a compound bow again due to his injury’s but he found a way. If there’s a will, there’s a way! Have you checked into those accu-bow things or some workout rubber bands? That’ll help build your strength up while your just sitting on the couch.

Westfinger likes this.
  10. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Hate to hear that about your back, bud, but glad to have you as a teammate! Being born disabled and also having spinal bifida, I know all to well what you are going through minus those injections. Can’t wait to see what you overcome and celebrate your success with ya!

Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  11. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    :biggrin:
    Thanks ! You obviously dont let your obstacles stand in your way of success. Youre an inspiration and ive just met you! :rock:. Unlike you my spinal injury was self inflicted. Young and dumb and full of…. Testosterone :lol:. Ive been living in chronic pain that just worsens every year so finally decided to quit being a whiny wuss about it and get some help. Im anxious to follow your season with the recurve. Ive been pondering picking one up myself.

Westfinger and hunterman927 like this.
  12. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha, being young and dumb and full of testosterone sure can hurt can’t it lol?!! I appreciate the kind words but I’m no inspiration… I figure I have two choices, either hunt and fish to get my natural high or do meth and I’m not fond of needles lmao. Go get you a recurve and start sending arrows down range… you’ll love it. They’re a lot of fun just to shoot and also adds more challenges to the hunt.

Shocker99 and Westfinger like this.
  13. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First big one that’s hard horn for me. If you watch the show this is the one I missed late season a few years ago when he stepped out of frame. He’s an old-timer now and I’ve certainly added to his education a few times over the past few years.

7C25F622-3FF0-41B2-8A30-AEE867EBB808.jpeg A9986E18-E7AC-4E99-8942-FE46B5239225.jpeg 2F8A23C3-CD07-4450-8F3E-789F73AD96E2.jpeg 9677EEB0-8DB9-4D90-AC61-0BF1EB2F904C.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  14. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Brandon good to see you, I hope your back starts to feel better.

That’s a great buck Matt!

Greg I weight train a few days a week. The problem was I couldn’t do much with my right arm/shoulder for over a month. 50 yo don’t have as much of that precious Testosterone surging through our veins so we tend to atrophy at an alarming rate. I’m working on it so I should see some improvements eventually.

hunterman927 and Shocker99 like this.
  15. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We were on the same team last year, you certainly had an awesome season. Time for a repeat

hunterman927 likes this.
  16. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    I thought we was when I seen your name then I seen your avatar. How you been bud? I hope I get to repeat but I hope I get to hunt longer than last year lol.

17. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
  18. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since we're only one shy of the team being completed (and he has been on recently) - time to think of a team name and start thinking who we would like to delegate as our "team leader".

19. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Mrs. Kristen is right, it’s time to get on that stuff! As far as team captain goes, I don’t mind throwing my name in the hat but my vote goes to Dan (Westfinger) if he wants it. I’ll try to come up with some team names after I have some coffee lol.
    Team 4-Bows4Hire
    Our Uniforms Match
    Not Couch Potatoes
    All Luck No Skill
    Pump House Slicers
    Sleeping In
    The Rack Of Dreams

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  20. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Idc who is captain as long as it isnt me. Someone with time and enthusiasm to keep the team going. We could start with seeing who wants to be, who doesnt mind to be, and who absolutely does not want anything remotely lose to anything close to it. Captain that is. If any of you were wondering im of the latter. Names ill have to ponder.

Team 4.
    -The 4-Rum Kontest Killers
    -Spirits of the 4-Est.
    -Out 4 Blood. (I was on a team 4 one year and this was our name).
    Im not too excited about any of mine ill think more.

Westfinger and hunterman927 like this.