Team 7 - SeVenison

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Logman, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    TEAM 7
    Creepy21
    SheddingLightTravis
    Benny_bucks
    Ryan Cornelius
    Illinibowhunter
    Berwickbuckmaster
    Atlasman
    Tony
    Logman
    buckeyehntr5
    NorthmanJW

Sent from my SM-N975U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  2. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys. My name is Logan. I live in and hunt private land in northern IL. I recognize a few names but don't think I've been on a team with anyone. I'm all about having fun with this contest. You shoot whatever makes you happy. Any deer is a trophy! I hope we have an active team and let's win this thing!

I'll put a check next to the members that have checked in to this thread.

3. Creepy21

Creepy21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lucky number 7! I missed the competition last year. Should be fun! I agree with logman , shoot what makes ya happy and fills your freezer. I can pencil in a doe for sure, bucks are a little more challenging for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys… Tony checking in… I see some familiar faces! This thread will be as fun as we make it! So please chime in often and if you hunt with Creepy, watch your trees!

Berwickbuckmaster and MUDSHARK like this.
  5. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Tony!

I sense that I need to know this story!

Berwickbuckmaster and Tony like this.
  6. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all, Travis here. Excited for another deer season and another team to get to know! Excited to see some repeat teammates!!! I’m from SE Ohio and the opener is Sept 25. Feel like I have a good plan going in. I’ll drop a little more here when I get a minute. I’d echo Tony’s comment, this contest CAN be a blast if we chip in and chat some. Two years ago we made a text thread and last year we did a GroupMe…way more interaction than remembering to check this forum all the time. I usually set it to mute so my phone doesn’t blow up but I can see all the messages when I get a chance. You guys open to that? Looking forward to the season![​IMG]

7. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Travis!

I agree that it's the most fun when people talk. I am not one for group messages but that's just me. I like posting on the forum actually. My dad and brother in law are in the contest too. Always fun to check in with their teams and give them some crap also. I just like looking on one spot.

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  8. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. Benny_Bucks

Benny_Bucks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ope hey I’m here glad to meet everyone! I’m Ben checking in from northern Illinois. I’m a special education teacher so I have to pick and choose my days in the woods and hunt most weekends. I’m looking forward to hunting this year and to get to know you guys. This contest is a heck of a lot more fun when all of us are active on here. Let’s get after it! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What a fun team to be on. Good luck and always jump right in with both feet IMG_20210830_121148.gif

11. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! I'll be mostly hunting here in Ohio with a week long trip to Oklahoma the end of October. Looking forward to following along with everyone's season and hopefully I can add a few points for our team.

12. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    You look like a guy who’s been on the famous Shedding Light Hunting Stories Podcast? Good to see ya in the team Ben!

13. Benny_Bucks

Benny_Bucks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir! Glad to be on a team together this year!

14. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Ben! Another Northern IL guy!

15. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the food plot my dad and I put it. It's a horseshoe around beans. The deer have already eaten halfway down the beans. I know they'll be there to eat from this plot during the season! Getting my cameras out this week while finalizing a couple stands. 20210816_083408.jpeg 20210816_083411.jpeg 20210816_083310.jpeg

16. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good evening guys,

My name is Justin and I am from Central Illinois. I have done this contest for a number of years and have met lots of great people.

Little about myself. I work full time at an electric cooperative as the Director of Member Services. I also am an EMT in my town and work two nights a week on call trying my best to give back to the small town I am in.

I am 36, married with three beautiful little kids. I have Trapper 6.5, Beau 3.5 and Banks 21 months.

Born and raised in the outdoors. Started by hunting small game, that transitioned to gun hunting. Started bow hunting in high school and fell in love with it. Been very fortunate to take a lot of great deer with my bow. Three years ago I got in to trapping and have really taken a liking to becoming better at it.

I also am an Amateur YouTuber and try to film all of my hunting and trapping adventures. So hopefully if I am blessed to take some deer I will also get it on camera.

Here is my channel:
    https://youtube.com/c/GuaranteedCountry

Look forward to meeting all of you!

17. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Justin. Another IL guy on the team! Ready to do this!

18. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  19. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Im Travis from SE Ohio. Live down by the Ohio River. I can be in WV in about 5 minutes. I am a Family Outreach minister at a local church. Happily married and we have 3 girls. Our oldest passed away in 2018 when she was 5 and is enjoying heaven. Recently started fostering and for our first placement we took on an 8 year old and 4 year old girl and their newborn baby brother. Soooo…the month of August was pretty much insane. But it’s been very rewarding along with the challenges.

Grew up an hour from here out on a 100 acre farm….mostly woods. The only version of hunting I really knew growing up was deer drives. Came home from college on break and picked up a crossbow and shot a buck under a feeder. Then when I got married in 2009 I was looking for an excuse to get out of the city of North Canton where we lived at the time. So I picked up my dads old compound Bear bow and drove 45 minutes to bow hunt from a $40 climber. Sunup had me surrounded by 3 small bucks and 4 does and none of them knew I was there. And I was hooked from that point on.

We moved from North Canton to here in 2012. I own 3 acres so most of my hunting is done on private property owned by friends from church. I got the idea from Justin (illinibowhunter) last year to send out letters to surrounding properties asking for permission. Sent 50 letters and landed 5 new properties totaling over 300 acres. 2 of which are showing tremendous potential. I’m usually good for a doe for sure. And I’m feeling pretty good about my odds on getting a nice buck. Part of that will depend on the fostering situation and how much my wife wants me to go!

In 2015 2 friends and I started Shedding Light Outdoors. We have a growing YouTube channel and I host a weekly hunting podcast called Shedding Light Hunting Stories. Justin and Ben have been guests on it before. It’s aimed at the normal every day hunter and their favorite hunting experiences…so if any of you would like to come on and talk hunting, I’d love to have ya!

Excited to be a part of the team. Here’s our YouTube channel and the podcast link:

https://youtube.com/c/SheddingLightOutdoors

https://sheddinglightstories.buzzsprout.com

20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Atlasman likes to be the last guy at the party… he likes the grand entrance….

Get your ass in here partner!