The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Then never give them salmon jerky treats unless you have a bucket handy ...lol

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    So they are just mocking me now...I arrive at sons house to grandson sit...what's in his side yard strutting? Oh ya... a big ole long beard....

3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    In low 40's going to low 30's to night. Every fruit tree in full blossom....

4. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Technically, at least as far as the state of NC, we have no say over adjusters, they’re entirely independent of us.. they designed it that way so we can’t try and influence them to increase the amount they pay out for a claim. Well, at least increase it would be the case if you’ve got an independent agent. We get paid on a percentage of premiums so the value of a loss has no real effect on our bottom line so it is beneficial to us when the adjuster is generous since it keeps our customer happy. Captive/direct agents would probably want them to reduce the amount of the loss since they work directly for the insurance company who actually pays out for the loss.

If a company starts nickel and dimeing or try’s to get out of paying legitimate losses most independent agents will just drop that company and move that book of business to a different company that isn’t going to try and stiff people. A company not paying out on a legitimate claim is the quickest way there is to make that customer go out and find themselves a different agent. Better to just move them to a company we know is going to pay out since we get our commission regardless of who we write them with and if your customers go out and switch to a different agent anytime they a claim it’s only a matter of time until you don’t have any customers.

5. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most of these are independent CAT adjusters and they're paying claims like crazy. Not even marking slopes just a few pics, baseball size hail and wind driven, fun stuff. But, I do know what you're talking about bc I'm more used to the staffers trying to make a name for themselves. I'll stop there before boring the est of the forum with tails of pencil whipping a claim and making an adjuster eat it.

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The answer is obvious, you need less gpm pump

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I pretty much had a client tell me today, 'meh, $10m, $50m... I don't care...(I don't want to expends the political capital to save our company money)'

8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The current status of both National car rental and delta, I should not have to wait on hold or wait 3 hours for a call back, you suck.

oldnotdead likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And quit f'ing thanking me for holding not my choice you hacks.

oldnotdead likes this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Filling garden planters with recycled soil you have to pick rocks out of the make the proper mix. Running your hand through a shovel full and it emerges with not a rock, but a fuzzy Brown and black spider half the size of a tarantula! WTHHhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!...Lol

TJF likes this.
  12. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw an article this morning that Biden was working on some policy to throw a bunch of money at reducing methane emissions from landfills… The first thought that went through my head was “Hot damn, I bet Sota is going to be buying himself another boat soon”

TJF likes this.
  13. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pull the Trigger!

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Working on it...while A.J. and I worked the garden today we could hear a flock on the neighbors and our line...after 12 p.m. of course...lol

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We do the pumps that they use to pump condensate out of the gas wells, and make flares to burn off methane at smaller landfills. My life is garbage or garbage is my life.

oldnotdead likes this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Working a second job with my brother through Memorial Day weekend. Can't find anyone wanting to work.

We get along well a weekend or two a month, but now going to be working 2-3 days together after a full weeks work for the next 4 weeks.

He wants me to quit my job and work with/for him, but I cannot see that happening. Coming up on 17 years at current job and benefits that he cannot offer.

Offered a compromise but he isn't able to accommodate that, understandable as it is a pool business and customers dictate what they want and he either can or cannot do it. He can only set schedules for new customers which he isn't able to take on more of right now. No one wants to work.

17. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Having to work all night then drive up to Naperville in the morning. Idk if its really a rant I'm just not excited about the trip ha. Gonna be a long day

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Killing frost warnings for tonight, Monday, and Tuesday....This is a"normal " early May actually. I haven't seen one in so long it ticks me off . Start seed, don't start. Started late, worse started too early, what a pain in manure generator...Lol
    All trees in full blossom....So much for fruit this year.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  19. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And he was a bad boy!
    1620504507871.jpg

cantexian, Okiebob, Sota and 3 others like this.
  20. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Least trip yesterday was worth it ha. Messed around today trying to get them adjusted but tje drivers side is being a pain. So gave up for today. Now just need warmer weather to ride around with top off.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cantexian likes this.