Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Upper body lift Monday:
    Round 1: 5 push ups, 5 weighted pull ups w/15lbs, 30 sec plank x 5 rounds
    Round 2: Inc DB press 8 reps, Standing High Cable Row with Rotation 12 reps/side, Rope Rotations x 15/side, Pallof Press 3o sec hold/side, DB Curls 8 reps x 4 rounds

25 minute on the elliptical

Today 60 minute hike for 2.4 miles at a 20% incline with a 35lb pack. I am going to gradually pick up the pace on this until I am doing 3 miles @ 20% with a 35lb pack in 60 minutes. I should be there by June. I'll start increasing the incline and weight again once I can do this.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  2. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Got in a second hike this week on the Alpine Runner today. 2.5 miles in 60 minutes at a 20% incline with a 35lb pack.

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just working the property...
    That said, I never hid and said often I'm not a small woman. Today I had to buy yet another new pair of jeans. Getting tired of tights. I have officially dropped 6" off my waist, 65#'s, I won't get into the whole bra thing...Lol
    I will be going into turkey season a much ,much more agile but COLD person.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is FANTASTIC

oldnotdead likes this.
  5. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Been really going after movements that push my mobility. Man I am so joint tight, yet muscle flexible. Weird issue I know. I can probably put my head on the ground when stretching my hamstrings from a standing position, but when I incorporate joint movements, I am below average. Committed to getting a proper split squat by the end of 2021.

6. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Deadlifted today: 5 sets of 5 reps 155, 200, 235, 285, 285

25 weighted pulls, 25 push ups and DB Curls.

7. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Strong work guys. Ran 6 miles this morning with the wife and we have 10 miles on the bike so far. Getting hydrated now...[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastorjim08 and virginiashadow like this.
  8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Dang - some of you guys are beasts!

I got 4 days in this week. Mon - push day, Tues - pull day, Weds - cardio on the spin bike, Thurs - Leg day. I took today off to recover and I had stuff to get ready for turkey hunting before I left for the office this morning.

Still doing IF and feeling good. I'm down a touch over 26 lbs since the start of the year. I'm sitting at 196 today and want to see how I feel at 185 before deciding on my ultimate end goal for weight.

9. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful, wherever you are. Way to stay after it even on vacation

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Westfinger and oldnotdead like this.
  10. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Jim. We had to run down to the Carolinas for a few days. I don’t feel right if I don’t train a little especially when I let the diet slide a little.

Thankfully back home now and back on my normal diet and exercise routine.

11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be 47 this year. This ain't getting any easier. Haha. Off road Sprints and leg work at the daughters soccer practice.

20210420_185537.jpg

Justin, Westfinger and cantexian like this.
  12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you want to get crazy through in a mix: about 100yd of lunges, sprints, side shuffle one way, then back... Once you've got the lunges down find a hill to do lunges up... And down the hill.

Westfinger likes this.
  13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    That pic I posted is deceiving. Right in front of me is a steep hill that drops then the last 50 yds is at a good incline. After I did 15 min of sprints I did long strides up and down that hill then finished with bodyweight leg stuff.

I couldn't do 100 yds of lunges! Haha.

Westfinger and cantexian like this.
  14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Was getting my morning steps in and caught a glimpse of the SpaceX launch heading up the east coast 20210423_055511.jpeg 20210423_055528.jpeg

virginiashadow and Westfinger like this.
  15. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    wl704 likes this.
  16. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    So after my workout this morning I went to get my usual drink that I always get afterwards; Nectar of the gods, aka diet dew. Now I must be honest and tell you all that I really should avoid this particular convenience store because there's someone who hangs out there that I had an affair with for many years. This morning was no different. I walk in and there she is in her usual place. I put my head down and try to avoid eye contact as I pass by her but she softly says my name. I quickly step past her and go to the drink counter. She sort of follows me there and is right behind me. And even though I'm trying to avoid her I catch her always sweet aroma. I turn to catch just a quick glance, even though I know I shouldn't, and I see her. Her complexion is still just as I remember it and she looks as good as ever. I know I shouldn't allow my mind to go there but for a brief moment I remember all our times together-Her sweetness, the tempting perfume she always smelled of, and even the texture of her skin. I tell you I was so tempted just to grab her right there. But then I came to my senses and remembered my commitment and the last several years of finally breaking free from her spell. It was only then that I was able to walk away and leave that nut-covered Carmel roll in the case.....right where it belongs! I think I'll go home now and take a cold shower!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    way to stay strong Jim!

Pretty light week of training for me. Shoulders have been really angry so kept the upper body stuff pretty light. Since we had our 10 mile run today I wanted to keep my legs fresh and didn’t do anything to crazy with my lower body after Wednesdays hex bar deadlifting session.
    Run was good, we didn’t get any of the rain they were forecasting earlier in the week so we had a good time.
    Back at it tomorrow.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  18. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I kinda hit a personal milestone.

I flat bench pressed for the first time since 2005.

Not much weight, 135 pounds x 20 reps x 3 sets.

The milestone ? My left shoulder held out fine.

I intend to continue doing this a couple times then add to 185. Then to 225 then 275 and I’ll stop there.

You’d be surprised the coordination you lose on the flat bench with a straight bar.

Also have an appointment for a new wave therapy for my shoulders I saw on IG and FB in my hometown. It’s called “ Cryotherapy”. We shall see how regenerative it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin and Westfinger like this.
  19. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Good work!

I have been doing some whole body Cryotherapy a few times a week for the past couple months to quiet down all the joint pain I have been having. I don’t know how strong the science is behind the treatments but It’s worth a shot. I do wish I could get my shoulders immersed in the cold a little better.
    Good luck.

20. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Today's Work out:
    • Round 1: Barbell Clean and Press @115lbs, weighted pull ups with 15 lbs added, push ups. Five reps of each exercise for a total of five rounds with one minute rest between rounds.
    • Round 2: Incline DB Chest Press 50lbs 8 reps, Rope Face Pulls x 12 reps @ 50lbs, Rope Rotations x 12/side @50lbs Standing High Cable Row w/rotation 80lbs/12 reps, Stiff-leg deadlift @115lbs x 12 reps. Three rounds, no rest between rounds.
    • Round 3: Weighted Farmer's Walk Gripping Weight Plates* 25lbs per hand x 50 yards. 3 rounds, rest 1 minute between rounds
    • Round 4: Overhead Weighted Plate* carries @ 45lbs x 50 yards. 3 rounds, rest 1 minute between rounds.
    *Weighted plate carries were done with the thicker rubber Olympic lifting plates that bounce to challenge grip strength. These plates do not have handles designed into them.

mikey custom-g and pastorjim08 like this.