The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Your odds are not real good in NM, even if youre included with the outfitter pool... Then consider the NR % of tags for any given unit and # parties applying.

Why we went with MT this year :nana:

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lol..seriously every time I wear them I sound like a 3 pack a day smoker coughing up a lung

dnoodles likes this.
  3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think its the units I'm picking but seriously I'm over it. If the stars align I'll try to knock out a diy otc mule deer unit in Colorado.

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man I laughed way to much reading this on my lunch break.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  5. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Doxxing and/or posting addresses and pictures to inspire mobs. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt and the poster is in criminal and civil court. The irony is that the laws designed to take the Klan's power away are the ones that will take the doxxers/posters down.

oldnotdead, cantexian and Sota like this.
  6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where in MT are you headed? I am vacationing in the Glacier NP area in July. Several national forest areas around there outside of the park.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I did a little research on Teal's Market senior discount. Wednesdays only 55 and older. I am going to lie about my age until end of May when I turn 55 hope I don't get carded.

Okiebob likes this.
  8. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    oldnotdead and virginiashadow like this.
  9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to plan anything this time of year. The Roofers conundrum, it is sorta slow and a good time to take a trip or time off but... spring storms are your bread and butter and you need to be here if one pops off. Blargh.

axtell343 and Sota like this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally broke down and made an Dr appointment. I have been having what felt like allergies, have a raspy voice been waking up with cotton mouth because of mouth breathing. God up and blew my nose, it was like my nose was in labor out came the biggest green glob of bloody goo, I almost called the wife in the bathroom to show her how massive it was. Figure it is going to take drugs to fix that.

11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    lol @ "blargh".

As I previously ranted, I was scheduled to get a complete tear-off on Tuesday but it was Xd due to weather. (Snow. In mid April...)
    Anyway, when the guy called on Monday to tell me they were going to push it till later in the week he tells me "maybe Thursday, probably not till Friday. We'll call you the night before either way."

Didn't get a call last night, so figured they're not coming till Friday and what the hell I will tie one on a bit as I am off all week.

0645 this morning, doorbell rings and dog pandamonium ensues. I drag my Kentucky-dropkicked butt out of bed to the front door and sure enough, it looks like half of Oaxaca is camped out in my front yard with a bunch of gear and they want me to move my cars which of course are all frosted over. So get all that taken care of and start the coffee pot and am debating on going back to bed when I start to hear their stupid OompaLoompa music literally blaring from the rooftop! It's like 0715 and they think they can have a effing baile on my roof!

So Señora Noodles comes steamrolling out of the bathroom in her PJs and is like "are these mfers serious???" and looks at me like I need to do something. Great, she wants the Old White Slave Master to go out and yell at the help (sarc) just as they are starting an $11k job.

I sigh, then head to the front door to grab my shoes. She's so pissed she doesn't give me the time and barrels out the back door barefoot and cuts loose on them in their native tongue. Now, I know a decent amount of Spanish in general; and especially what I thought were all the swear words would have been directed at me by now; but apparently she had kept some in reserve because there were some definite new ones in there that came out so fast I couldn't tell one word from the next. All I know is it started with "pinche" and ended with "cabrones" after she apparently ran out of breath. I heard a "lo siento" and the radio went completely silent and she came stomping back in and went into the bathroom and the shower turned on.

For a visual, from their perspective it probably looked like an angry obscenity-screaming badger with an afro and wearing leopard print pajamas was about to come up the ladder at them.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and then sheltered in place in my office until she left for work.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    that's a good rant. I just switched vets because our old one is so COVID crazy...nobody allowed inside, as a result they have this stupid check in process that takes forever and then they come out to get your dog and then you wait in your car until they are done, then they call you to tell you what is needed, blah blah blah. And then if you have 2 dogs like me, they only take one in at a time so I get to sit in the car with my other dog which is going nuts seeing all the other dogs in the nearby cars. It was a disaster.

Found another vet online, went there last week and it was night and day. They just space their appointments out so as not to have a bunch of people inside, the vet was really cool and personable and spent a lot of time on my dog's ears. In and out in less than 30 minutes and that's with a complete cleaning and treatment of both ears.

Bonus- $30 cheaper than the other vet and 10 minutes closer, too.

13. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They wanted to bring my dog in themselves. I told them it was impossible. After they came out and looked at him they said I could bring him in so I was allowed in. Quick shot, weight and heart check I was out the door. $178 lighter.

Bone Head Hunter and dnoodles like this.
  14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    yeah, my problem child gets a muzzle when he goes to the vet. The other one is fine with it.

You literally paid $10+ for every minute you were inside that place. ouch.

15. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got the mother @$%&*#! kung flu

I've had half me shop out the last 2 weeks, everyone finally filtering back in, and be damned if I didn't wake up sick this morning. Tested positive
    @#$% *&^%#$ @$%#

16. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I want to like this for the full fledged rant quality, straight 10 across the board, but hate the fact that you have the Rona.

TJF and tacklebox like this.
  17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rest up man!

tacklebox likes this.
  18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    ugh, hope you're doing OK.

19. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be honest, I'm just hoping it doesn't get much worse so I can at least social distance my way to punching a turkey tag and filling a live well or two while I "work from home".

BUT, it is a terrible fing time for me to be OOO. I have a job fair scheduled tomorrow I was hosting with our HR and a Staffing Agency. I still have people out, and we are just getting slammed. Busier than EVER.

But between ZOOM, my cell, and laptop w/hotspot I figure I can work comfortably from the blind or boat.

cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_5641.jpg