The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is a generational issue. And on top of that, getting all over people who screw up and peer pressure are frowned upon these days. That leads to what you described above. Its frustrating that's for sure.

2. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First and foremost, those laws eliminate due process. Yeah it sounds good on the surface, but do you want the law at your door to take all your guns bc you mowed 10 feet of your neighbors yard and he was pissed and petty enough to red flag you? Ex wife or gf? Liberal who just doesn't like guns? I think it would be very difficult to write a law specific enough not to violate your rights that would address the intended prevention. Colion Noir and Steven Crowder talked about this recently if you want more info.

There are cases where a judge can take your guns currently and you get due process.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let me give you a great example AGAINST red flag laws. Neighbor pizzed off I bought land they thought they had a lock in. Owners actually hated them. So they became a nightmare. Esculated to them calling cops to have their young daughter say I threatened physical violence to them. I worked at a school as an aid at the time. She wanted me fired from job. I was charged with child abuse. Now none of this happened and I had to hire a lawyer. Then when the DA raised hell with the local justice I had to force a mediation hearing after charges were dropped because her friend ratted her out. She had plans to have child declare I actually physically attacked her so I'd be jailed.
    During all this the justice who was a friend of hers had tried taking ALL our guns including husbands. She stoppeed it because she wasn't going after hubby just me. She in mediation told mediator she had threatened me with " I can reach out to you and your dog anytime with my 30-06. Nut job, she also said she could run us over crossing the street. Actually had to sign a document that neither of us could shoot ,run over or arrest each other...SERIOUSLY How crazy is that!
    So there is in one instance a case against and actually for red flag laws.
    Neighbors from hell is a real thing.
    P.S. The whole thing was so outrageous the lawyer never sent me a bill.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  4. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I like both of those guys, I’ll check the video out.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can not stand contractors who think that they are going to dictate payment terms, that is not the way it works. Based on payment history there will be 25% down to begin submittals, 25% before shipping balance in 30 days. Don't like it go somewhere else the business will not be financing a municipal project in Michigan.

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I was cleaning the bugs off my windshield this weekend and accidentally broke a windshield wiper. Was planning on replacing it, but spaced out and forgot. Jump in my truck this morning to come to work and it was sprinkling. Hit the wipers and got a nice metal arm dragged across the windshield right in front of me. :mad:

PS - Why the hell are wiper blades so expensive?

cantexian, TJF, dnoodles and 2 others like this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And for what they cost they should be simple to install.

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What a chit show this turned out to be :lol:

So the control board for the furnace came a day early. I opted to not go mushroom hunting and to get it installed as have snow and below freezing temps coming the next couple days/nights.

Open the box and it's the exact board that is in it now, was expecting something to be different about it to throw kinks into it as per my luck. Get the original board off the mounting clips and put replacement on and switch wires over one at a time. Thermostat is still unmounted so turn the power on and hit the panel switch, transformer buzzes then click and blower motor turns on. I yell an obscenity, quite loudly mind you, and walk away to calm down before I do something even stupider.

In all of my research it can only be a handful of things. Bad thermostat, bad thermostat wiring, control board/relay or limit switch. Limit switch was a pain in the ass to get to and I could have filled a 55 gallon swear drum in the 20 minutes it took me to get the 2 wires off and check the switch continuity. If I had to replace it an access panel was getting cut in. Checked fine so I jumped the two wires to bypass it and same result. Fan was kicking on. I disconnected the thermostat wires at the unit itself to eliminate wiring entirely, still came on.

I'm at my wits in and coming to the realization a service call is in order all because I wanted to change 2 AA batteries. It's too simple of a concept to need "professional" help. So I went back to the basics and started tracing wires from the limit switch to the board and back and forth up and down. One of the wires went up towards the gas valve and burners.

What do you know, another limit looking switch and a pressure switch. Pull the wires from the limit switch and test it and it fails. Finally, I may have my culprit. Then notice a knob looking thing in the center. Push it and feel a slight click. Test it again and it passes. Restore power, push the panel switch, transformer energizes and......... no click and blower stays off.

A damned reset button, nothing stated a reset button in all of my research. Turns out it is the flame rollout switch. Since the furnace was running when I had my original fiasco it tripped it. Reading up on it, it says if it trips something is likely wrong with the system, but I'm confident this was all related and not coincidental. Just glad I didn't buy a new board or call a repair guy, would have likely cost me $200 plus and parts I didn't need.

cantexian, GregH, TJF and 1 other person like this.
  9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Class D to be exact or at least that's what was in my Roadster.

10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had a mess of them the other night and would agree, sweet. I think the cold temps and all the snow had something to do with it.

oldnotdead likes this.
  11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much how I see it. However, this crap can't keep happening and gun owners expect nothing to happen. So it all comes down to the legislation, just have to see what they propose. I'm sure the media's framing of this shooter and the mothers warning will favor Red Flag Laws and its easy to agree with hindsight but... next thing ya know they're "predicting" crime before it happens and peoples constitutional rights being violated through law. Then again our first ammendment right have been being encroached and violated since the Patriot Act and everybody seems cool with that greater good nonsense.

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    OTOH, tried to save my client 100k today... They wanted to be an ass... OK.

Sota likes this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thing is with this jerky boy our pumps are specified in cell 6. Cells 1-5 our pumps, there is no or equal. Go ahead and rant and rave and threaten, I love my job some days.

wl704 likes this.
  14. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I replaced my wipers a couple of weeks ago. I have been doing it since my dad taught me in high school, 23 years ago. Driving my boys to baseball practice Sunday afternoon and I had pull over because one came loose. These are by far the most expensive and nicest wipers I have ever put on a car. That should not happen. It has never happened before. Standing on the side of the road in the pouring rain fixing something that should not have come loose. :rant:

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Many years ago my wife had a ford f150 I hated the wipers on that truck.

16. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    60 yesterday.....snowing today......

arrowflinger1, wl704 and dnoodles like this.
  17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    3 out of 4 news articles are about race, inequality, horrible cops, race, inequality, horrible cops, white privilege.....its like they had all these articles waiting in the wings, ready to be launched when the time was right.

cantexian and Sota like this.
  18. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    My youngest is getting braces today. Mother of hell this is expensive. My oldest got out of hers 3 years ago.....I swear it's gotten even more pricey.

Sota likes this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well based on what I witnessed last night in the bay, Captain and Tennille's version of muskrat love was not accurate.

cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  20. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    sigh....

upload_2021-4-20_10-48-45.png