The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    200k, psssh just getting started.

Depending on configuration and how it broke, maybe preform the radical passenger to driver side transplant.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Visit by State trooper Saturday. The hunting camp up the road was broken into. Seeing I walk the dog past the place and everyone knows I'm home and outside all the time he was steered our way. It's been so wildly crazy busy on our road the last week, who knows who broke in and when. The trooper was a great guy and we all had a good talk...after AJ..." liked to wanted to kill me" when he knocked on our door. We were across the street working. So we know he's a very good watchdog, even though he's socialized with many different strangers and other animals. You don't come to our home uninvited when we aren't there. Any who not the only break in in the area. Now there are posted signs IN TRIPLICATE EVERYWHERE in a 1/2 mile radius.I'm honestly not seeing where things will get any better around here

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was installing LED driving lights into the bumper of my jeep Saturday morning when I hear footsteps. I look over thinking it is my three-year-old coming to see what daddy is doing. There is a pitbull two feet from me. Turns out it escaped from a house down the street and has been wandering the neighborhood for a couple of days. The pitbull was friendly with me, but walked down the street and started a fight with another pitbull that was chained up in its front yard. The owner of the chained up pitbull called the police for animal control. Turns out that the home appears to have been abandoned. Animal control took four dogs and several cats that were in the home. No evidence that anyone had fed the animals in at least a few days. The animals were starting to destroy the house trying to get out. It seems the pitbull broke the screen on an open front window and jumped out. All the other dogs were too small to jump out.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    dnoodles likes this.
  4. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^ The occupants that left those animals should be tracked down and prosecuted.

5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    very decent chance they were in jail or the hospital. The jail thing is pretty common.

cantexian and GregH like this.
  6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    After being knee capped.
    To that abandoned thing...officer said they are finding stolen property's at camps and seasonal properties. No surprise, theives with zero respect across the board. Defunding making things worse.

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In talking with the neighbors, we are pretty sure the owners were around at least on Wednesday afternoon. For a long time, most of us in the neighborhood have suspected that this house is a drug house. The police are there at least once a month. The last couple of months, an ambulance has been there a couple of times a week. There is an obese elderly woman that has been living there the last few months. She seems to fall a lot and her worthless offspring calls 911 for an ambulance because he can't get her up. We kind of figured she had died in there and the son had just abandoned her body because he seems like that kind of POS. But, the police never brought out a body, just the animals. Very weird situation. Oh well, the neighborhood will be a better place even if that home is abandoned now.

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Speaking of....remember the trespasser I had arrested last year? I assumed they did a deal. and didn't bother contacting me. No, DA office just called me,they want him to pay restitution. They also knew he moved but didn't know the circumstance of said "midnight move". They do now. So they are having DEC come out to work out restitution amount because they aren't dropping the money end. They are also putting in a "restraining order " concerning our lands. None of this my idea, so it tells me something deeper is going on with this guy's history. It's a bit disconcerting but word will spread helping in the long run with the on going trespassing problems.
    Strange few days for sure.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    wl704 and Mod-it like this.
  9. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Watch the language.

You've been warned.

Justin likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People that do not get it, or employees that do not get it. An employee who was vaccinated had his wife who was also vaccinated test positive because of exposure. He told me he feels no symptoms and he can not get tested. I know this is BS you can get tested you just have to pay for it. Anyway since his wife is diagnosed she can get tested so I told him he can come back to work when his wife tests clean.

Today I am sitting in my office and the IT guy comes in and asks if I have a minute. The IT clown was working with the covid employee to get a laptop and his phone to sync and the covid employee was complaining to the IT clown then the IT clown was pleading the case for the covid employee to come back to work.

I was patient and asked the IT guy how many times since last march had he missed days of work because he had to stay home until he got test results. IT clown tried to tell me it was 3 times, nope it is 4 times since last March not counting when he was actually diagnosed with covid. I explained that not only is it absolutely not his role or responsibility to act in an HR manner, and as a person who was sloppy and exposed and contacted covid he is not in the best position to be recommending work attendance while in testing protocol.

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  11. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A black guy robs a store and we're told, "Don't judge the group by the miscreant criminal." A miscreant criminal dies from disobeying a cop, "The whole system is racist because of the act of an individual!"

Critical Race Theory and BLM could not exist without this double standard. And this is a general rule of all cults or extreme belief systems: adherents must ignore logical fallacies. When they're pointed out, the adherent shakes his head at the non-believer thinking he just doesn't get it.

arrowflinger1 and Sota like this.
  12. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It is the worst. Zyrtec and Pepsid AC is a miracle cure. You alternate the two of them, Zyrtec in the morning and Pepsid AC in the evening (or vise versa). I am so allergic to poison ivy that I used to have to go get steroid shots pretty much anytime I got it. I still need the steroid shots occasionally but only if it is really, really bad.

And I do realize that Pepsid AC is heartburn medicine, but the mechanism that it uses for heartburn also helps with poison ivy. There are several types of histamines that affect people. Most seasonal allergies are caused by H1 histamine and most anti-histamines (Benadryl, Zyrtec, Claritin, etc..) block the H1 histamine. There is also an H2 histamine receptor which primarily affects your digestive system and some types of heartburn medicines function by blocking that H2 histamine receptor (Pepsid AC, Tagamet). Poison Ivy/Oak/Sumac are unusual in that the urishol oil that causes the rash effects both the H1 & H2 histamine receptors. Taking Zyrtec by itself doesn't help much since it only blocks the h1 histamine receptor, but when you combine it with the H2 antagonist it works wonders. It will stop the itching in 12-24 hours and the rash will be gone within 2-3 days. You can also substitute a different H1 antagonist for the Zyrtec (Claritin, etc) as well as substituting a different H2 antagonist for the Pepsid AC (Tagamet, etc).

Just to clarify, I am not a doctor, just somebody who constantly gets poison ivy and that is a treatment that what works really well for me. You should definitely talk to your pharmacist or actual doctor first and don't take any medicines you are allergic to.

Fix likes this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Antler spray helped me kick poison ivy out of my life I used to get it bad multiple times a year. I started using the antler spray I quit getting poison ivy.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Drunken ideas........

So last night I turned the furnace on too warm the house up a bit before bed.

Noticed the thermostat display looked faded a bit so figured batteries were getting low. What better time to replace them than after a few drinks.

Done it in the past with no issues. It's just 2 AA's afterall....

Last time I did it they went completely dead while at work so came home to no AC on as a result.

This time the furnace was running and what came off easily enough the first time wasn't cooperating. I may have gotten frustrated and exerted a bit too much force as the cover and circuit board both come off ripping out a wire to the battery holder from the board.

After that the blower would not shut off. Ended up cutting the power to the furnace which also has a few outlets on the same circuit I find out tonight. Bought a new thermostat and got it installed with no trouble. Turn the power back on and blower starts up.

So after researching, see youtube/google, it apparently messed the board up in the unit. Found a used one on ebay for $35 with a 30 day return window 8f it doesn't work.

Luckily in that transition between winter/spring where neither AC nor heat is needed.

I am my own worst enemy....

Whiskey time!

dnoodles, cantexian, GregH and 3 others like this.
  15. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My 96 year old grandma is in hospice care and no one outside of my mom and uncle can visit because a staff member in her unit has Covid. This is our ****ty world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I
    Thoughts are with you Jake.

MnHunterr and oldnotdead like this.
  17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Need to ask ...anyone have joint and general muscle aches after their vaccine? I got my first Merca shot a while ago , 2nd is on the 24th.
    Granted I've been hauling bags of lime,soil, peat. Then raking rocks out of plots and hauling chain link and cutting trees. I do this stuff all the time and this soreness is a bit different than what I'm use to, thus the ask.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After first shot, Pfizer, I had mild pain at the injection site. Nothing I was concerned about and no symptoms or effects I associated to it.

2nd shot that night, got it at noon Friday, and Saturday felt like I took a fastball to the arm at injection site. No other issues or concerns since. Tomorrow marls the magical 2 week mark after 2nd dose so I'm cured/immune as far as I'm concerned.

Not getting any follow up boosters or annual covid/flu shots either. Only way, and I emphasize only, I get another dose is if it is proven 100% lifetime immunization.

I've flown once in my life, and may need to again in December as my niece holds her wedding in Cancun. My dog is the determining factor in that, if still alive I cannot go regardless. Plenty of time for things to get worked out before that decision gets made.

My prediction is they(the left) start pushing the boosters/variants and it will start coming out that it has to be within a certain timeframe from when you received the second dose or will have to get them all again. And somehow it will miraculously all fit into a convenient window of their choosing.

Rambling rant over :lol:

19. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks brother I will try that

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The only issue was actually getting the shot, the poor young gal trying to get that needle to penetrate the solid steel shoulder muscles, think she bent 3 needles.:lol: