Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I only collect George Brett, the autographed card was only $35 with shipping, not that much considering.

2. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not being a smartass but you don't seem the type to idolize anybody.
    Whats the hype with him?
    And no, never heard of him.
    I guess as a young man, I could see getting caught up in the fascination of a famous person but now, I really could care less if Trump walked in the door, shook my hand and asked to go hunting.
    I truly feel that way.
    What is it with people that play sports that folks idolize?

Hell, I'm half embarrassed to say I played with Prince as a young kid.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will never forget the day I became a George Brett fan. I was at my Grandparents this was back in the day when there was a morning and and an afternoon newspaper. So that day the afternoon paper arrives and I grab out the sports page, I was reading the recap of the game between the Twins and the Royals and there was a story about George Brett grounding out with runners in scoring position. George went into the restroom in the dugout and smashed the toilet and urinal with his baseball bat. I admire a fiery competitor that absolutely hates losing. (exactly why I do not gamble.)

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    National Acoustic day today do yourself a favor and watch Def Leppard do their version of Hysteria acoustic.

5. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've been dabbling in sports cards the last year. I've got a few guys I'm excited about for future value. Just got a Bob Gibson signed card where only 10 of them were made. Make sure you get any signed cards in card sleeves to prevent damage. Even if they are in a box loose cards will get wear and tear on the edges/corners/surface.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mine are all in sleeves. I have 2 other autographed cards a Cubs Mark Grace, and a Baltimore Robby Alomar. They are all in an old wood cigar box along with the ticket stubs from every concert or sporting event I ever went to, I don't save the stubs anymore.

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My wife just sent me a video of our three-year-old. He pushed up a stool to the kitchen sink and started washing his own dishes after breakfast this morning! :rock::woot:

Wop 75, MnHunterr, JeffC and 5 others like this.
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's great!

One of the best things did when our kids were young was buy a 3 bin laudery hamper. Whites, Darks and everything else. Even at about age 3 they were able to master sorting. About age 6-8, they had mastered most all laudery...

cantexian likes this.
  9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have mastered sorting and folding laundry with our older boys. We need to work on actually doing the laundry.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    2:00 on a Friday Afternoon. I am headed to an off campus safety meeting.:nana:

11. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    At the cabin cutting some ugly trees and brush down.
    47*,zero wind and full sun.
    Feels good too be alive.
    Gonna crack a beer at 5:00, sit on the deck and shoot red squirrels and rock out to some old mettalica.

Wop 75, Okiebob, dnoodles and 2 others like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Turn it up.

Okiebob and dnoodles like this.
  13. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    Just got done head banging.
    Whiskey in the jar.. good stuff!

14. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    got to see Metallica play in a small bar back in late 80's, ruined my favorite song at the time "Seek and Destroy" off of Kill em all , when James let some drunk sing the song.. its amazing I can hear anything . Still listen to music way too loud, now mostly in dedicated home theater. Best show in bar / rock club was Anthrax , right has they were getting national attention. Fuzzy memories

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    virginiashadow likes this.
  15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After a crappy week all around the weather is beautiful going into my last night of work. Simple stuff like that is the best things in life and can change an attitude quickly. Lines might hit the water later this week

dnoodles, Bone Head Hunter and wl704 like this.
  16. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm pooped. But its a good kind of pooped.
    Spent the day with a very nice new lady friend looking for sheds.
    My 11 year old lab got alot of exercise as did I.
    Wood stove in cranked, pizza on the grill, a few cold beers,my dog is snoring loudly next to me and it was just a great day to be outside.
    I'll be joining my dog in a short time with the snoring.
    Life is good!

17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Metallica live is a best things in life period. I didn't even like them until I saw them when they headlined Jerry Cantrell and....maybe HedPE? Appx 2000. Converted me instantly, they are absolutely badass live. Plus Hetfield is a bowhunter, so that's cool.

JeffC likes this.
  18. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Randomly, a couple texts from my old college buddies + BnBs post got me down a YouTube wormhole.

This has led me to the reluctant realization that Miranda Lambert is probably the best female singer/songwriter of the past 20 years. May be better singers. May be better songwriters. But none with both skills. She's actually extremely talented.

Either that or I am absolutely hammered. Possible. Possibly both. But I don't think she's hot enough to take a swing at so I doubt it's that. Maybe. OK, who am I kidding?

axtell343, JeffC and Fix like this.
  19. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree and love her to death but she only writes about half of her shiz. Still best female in country hands down.

20. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen Metallica twice.
    First time was in 1991, can remember exact year because a buddy bought me a ticket for my 18th birthday.
    Second time was the late 90's at the Gorge. This one I got to see a funny scene take place.
    About 3/4 through the concert all of the band suddenly stopped mid song and ran off the stage. I was back from the stage quite a ways and wasn't sure what had happened. About 5 minutes went by and then James came back out.
    He said that some "a**hole", in his words, had thrown a bottle up on stage and it hit the bass player's hand and had cut it. He said they weren't sure if he'd be able to play, but they for sure weren't coming back out with the bottle thrower still out there. He said that security hadn't seen who'd thrown it, but "I bet there's some Metallica friends out there that did see who it was", and if they'd kindly take care of the guy they'd appreciate it.
    About 5 seconds later a commotion can be seen on the right, center side of the pit, and suddenly a guy was hoisted up on top of the crowd like he had stage dived. The crowd starts shuffling him to the front so security can take him, and you can see people taking full wind up punches at him as he goes to the front. The crowd dumped him on the ground in front of the stage and security took him off to the right side. Pretty soon the ambulance parked over there turns on its lights and leaves. Pretty sure that guy got pretty jacked up.
    James thanked the crowd for taking care of the "a**hole" and then the whole band came back out and finished the concert.

TJF likes this.