Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Because CNN etc tell you to be outraged.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  2. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a BINGO!

3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont really care. A person has a right to do whatever they want to define their own character as a leader. For Ted, and all is amazingly aged tweets it just speaks for his character, thats all. Idgaf about any politician but I'm also not into blind tribalism. And you'd be correct, this electric grid mess is completely a Texas state problem, a big ol red state fleecing consumers problem. Screenshot_20210219-125900_Instagram.jpg

4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And Fox tells the other half to be outraged about whatever. Oh whoops, OAN thats the new new conservative outrage channel right? Or is Steve Bannon still a thing or will he be the new outraged Rush Limbaugh?

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't watch network news and I didn't listen to Rush either.

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Totally agree.

Yes he looks like an ass, but that's his prerogative.
    The media spins crap (both ways) and people don't think...lemmings.
    TX problems, greatly self imposed.

virginiashadow, Okiebob and Sota like this.
  7. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Then I wish more people would do the same, neither do I, nor will I ever.

Sota likes this.
  8. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    so if he was just a rich dude and had the means to go then it wouldn't be an issue. The fact that he's a senator changes all that? I mean, I know how this works, it looks bad and he should have known the media would go bananas. But I can tell you this, my ass would have been on a plane to Cancun in a heart beat. Warm weather, hot chicks in bikinis, rum and coke on the beach, probably some decent seafood as well..yeh, i am there.....so Bob, NY is a blue state, did they handle the covid crisis properly in your opinion?

9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My opinion isn't worth much and its something that I realize. I dont live in New York and can only speak for my State which handled it poorly like they do everything else when we have an oil barons stoolie in charge. But in the interest of looking at apples and talking about oranges, New York has a huge population and population centers, so how would you have handled it? I live in a big red state and so while our governor was busy gobbling Trumps nuts I wasn't really paying attention to what other states were doing. Well that and the fact that I was having one of the busiest years to date roofing in two states.

10. Borgy76

Borgy76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

So what about all the blackouts in California? Democrat paradise and regulations galore? I have a hard time understanding how this weather anamoly is anyone's fault. If Texans paid more taxes to the climate wizards, would the storm have gone elsewhere?

11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Read that again, out loud after reading Ted Cruz's tweet about the rolling blackouts in California. Texas is not just having rolling blackouts, some are complete blackout. The grid, independent of the national grid, failed hard. They've been warned over the last twenty years that this could happen yet did nothing about it. Wait until the news starts in on the electric bills Texans receive in the near future, the rates, not the overall price.

12. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Plus after roofing in Texas one summer we will never go back, building codes are a joke in Texas. 32" centers with 2x6's no problem, what could possibly go wrong with that? The lack of regulation is Texas is about to bite them, is biting them in the ass right now.

13. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't know how to handle it. That's why i am not the governor or hold any office. I was not asking you that about NY to get a rise out of you... It was a legit question.... BTW, it's great that you had a busy year... that means you were profitable. good for you. Apples to oranges huh? A crisis is a crisis that need to be handled. TX is a huge state with a huge population as well. Anyways, are you pleased with Biden so far?

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not traveling and having no choice in the airport, I think watched CNN 0 minutes in the last year. Ironically, I did briefly skim an article on their website today... First endangered species cloned - black footed feret.

Sota likes this.
  15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You've been asking this question for weeks and I've ignored it for weeks.

Joe Biden will do some good and some bad. Just like Trump did some good and some bad.

wl704 likes this.
  16. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the big scheme of things, regarding politicians this is a blip on the radar. They are ALL total scumbags, compromised to the fullest, and sold to the highest bidder. Cruz is a fake cowboy hat wearing republican. There are far worse politicians than Ted Cruz. He falls into the "typical politician" category with me. No better or worse than any of them.

17. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Well Bob, I am not what you think. I am not looking to argue. I don't know if I have asked that question for weeks or not. All I know is, I would like to hear from Biden supporters. Honest opinions about the many executive orders, pandemic plans, stimulus, foreign affairs etc.. Why would you or anyone else ignore the question? If you think he has done well so far I am open to listen. Seriously. I may agree with you. I just want the thoughts to come from a supporter.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Would Ted be a d-bag if he just sent the family? I totally get bringing them down to the resort get them settled and get back. My wife hates traveling without me she has to wait in lines if she isn't with me.

19. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BTW, Texas is back on line electricity wise... Reported just a bit ago .. ........

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Texas waterline deal is so stupid, you are digging a trench to bury a waterline does not take that much more effort to bury the line another foot or two deeper.