Team 5 - Legends of the Fall

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by cls74, Aug 31, 2020.

1. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations!

tc racing likes this.
  2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    @tc racing , how did your last day go, some others have seen bucks that have dropped thier antlers also.

3. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all.

I apologize for vanishing and not participating at all this year.

2020 was tough on everyone. I too had an incredibly hard year in every regard.
    I sincerely love and look up to so many of the guys on here.
    That said, if my absence from the forum this year caused you to lose all respect for me- then piss off.

I hope each and every one of you had a successful hunting season and I wish nothing but the best for you all in 2021.

My 50 point contribution for this season has been entered.

-Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

dnoodles likes this.
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    who are you and how high were you in this video? Don't worry, it's not illegal anymore.

Shane0709 likes this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey great to hear from you. I'm sure everyone had some bad times this past year, but all we can do is move forward and try to make it better. If you need to vent or talk, we are here for you. I went through a few years in my life when younger were I didn't hunt at all. Making a life for my self and dating was more important. But as life settled down I found my passion again and got right back to hunting. Enjoy school and everything that it brings, hunting and the fourm will always be here when your ready.

Congrats on the deer. I will watch the video when I'm done at work today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shane0709 and dprsdhunter like this.
  6. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear from you Shane. Congratulations on the doe!

Do you have any pics at all of you and the doe during or after the recovery? Video of the kill is acceptable, of course, but the rules require that the video of the recovery also has to be included.

It's obvious in the video that you killed the deer, so if you have a couple of trophy photos or at least a video clip of part of the recovery showing the dead doe I'll be able to count it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Shane0709 and MUDSHARK like this.
  7. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    @cls74 , I sent you a pm about Shane's entry

Shane0709 likes this.
  8. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    @Shane0709, I looked at the short video segment of the recovery you attached. It is very short but it certainly appears to show your doe lying on the ground and the camera quickly pans to another guy with another doe.

You also attached three JPG images but for some reason I can't open them.

Edited to say that I managed to get another member who could see them to send me two of the pics so I edited your entry and added the two pics so that other members could see them.

Final edit: Your doe has been entered.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Holt likes this.
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To the bolded, as it was directed to me obviously, I'll add my clarification to my comment. Take it as you will, it is your prerogative.

When teams were announced, I was ecstatic to see a few ringers in the list. You were one of them, and truthfully would have placed you in top 4.

I was never worried about you checking in and stated such.

https://forums.bowhunting.com/threads/team-5-legends-of-the-fall.98522/page-2#post-1585114

You finally checked in and said you were beat and would check back in the next day, which turned into weeks and then months.

I was genuinely concerned about your lack of presence as I have followed along with your hunts, from the mule deer, elk, dog tracked white tail and what was last a new property that was more of an nonhunted sanctuary tucked amongst some public lands.

I made a thread designated to a few members who have not been on for a long period that used to post regularly, especially during season. As you stated above, 2020 was tough on everyone, some more than others and I was hoping you as well as the others were OK. I tagged you in other threads as well mentioning your lack of presence. I won't search and link them all, I'm sure you seen the notifications.

Not hearing from you since you checked in, I finally decided to try to PM you so you would get an email notification. Had to click on your username of your check in post to bring up profile to do so, then seen last activity said you had been on the previous evening. At that point I opted not to PM you, you had already seen my posts tagging you and you seen fit not to be respond to any of them.

After that I'd click your profile every now and again and see that you would regularly come onto the forums, yet not post.

Things happen and I never asked for explanation of your absence on the team thread or anywhere, again, not my business. I just wished you would have let us know if you were in or out, an acknowledgement you were OK but things not panning out like you had hoped or just a simple note you seen fit to let everyone know you were still around albeit not in the normal sense. I was glad you were still around, but disappointed you didn't at least address the concerns I and others had.

Be it as it may, I said it and I cannot apologize for saying it.

Congrats on the doe, and I hope 2021 serves better for you.

Clinton

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    MUDSHARK and Holt like this.
  11. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    congrats CLS74

cls74 likes this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In regards to our previous negotiations, imagine if you had to go back and tell all your teammates they had to change their avatar too :lol:

MUDSHARK likes this.
  13. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:

That wouldnt have gone well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whip::deadhorse:

14. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    good fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cls74 likes this.
  15. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys not only didn’t I totaled my truck but unfortunately was also blinded sided by my wife telling me she wanted a divorce :/ as you can imagine hunting went out the window and trying to save my marriage was in full force tell I found out why she left and it wasn’t my fault...I’m usually very active and usually good for filling my tags!!! I can’t wait tell next year and new beginnings!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk